Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-28-2007, 07:08 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Was "Graines de star" in France or Corsica?

I've been talking to several of you via PM, confirming facts for a newspaper article I'm writing about the new album, and some confusion arose about "Graines de star," the show where Alizée was discovered.

Did the show where Alizée won take place in France, or Corsica?

If anyone can answer this and produce some sort of proof, it would be immensely appreciated. Time is of the essence!

- N
Old 11-28-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

what kind of question is that....
Corsica is in France...
the question is
did i took place in Corsica or Paris...
im sure the final was shoot in Paris.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Hooked on Alizée

Addict is on a distinguished road

He probably just meant whether it was in Corsica or somewhere on the continent. She signed up for the auditions or preliminary round that came to Ajaccio, I believe. The rest was, indeed, probably in Paris.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 PM
You must recover!

Well, I know Corsica is often put under the umbrella of the French nation, but if I'm not mistaken it seems to be considered something separate, too. I could be wrong.

Either way, I want to know if she left her Corsican home to sing in France proper. I just found the following at Alizée UK:

"When Alizée was 15 she auditioned for Graines de Star, firstly in the regional auditions in Corsica and then in Paris where she interpreted the song "Waiting for Tonight by Jennifer Lopez. The show highlights the talents of young performers and singers. Having been successful in the auditions she appeared on the show in February 2000 singing the song Ma Priére (my prayer) which was originally sung by Axelle Red. She returned to the show in April of the same year again performing Ma Priére (see right image) as well as being in a foursome singing oh happy days. Her performances on the show was so successful that it led to her being named the "Most promising young singing star of tomorrow".
Her talents were spotted by the famous French singer Myléne Farmer and Alizée was invited to audition for Myléne's latest project. After auditioning Alizée was selected by Myléne to perform Moi Lolita (me Lolita)."

The above makes it sound like there were regional tryouts in Corsica, but the real competition -- where she won and was recognized by Farmer -- occurred in France proper (or if you prefer, somewhere in France that's not Corsica ).

Maybe I should say she left her Corsican home to sing at a talent show in Paris. Perhaps that would be more accurate.

- N
Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Neiteio, good strategy to get answer. I'm still leaning towards Corsica, but I can't say for sure.

PM with other information is on the way.

Edit: So you have the answer; both
Old 11-28-2007, 07:24 PM
You must recover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Edit: So you have the answer; both
So then you think it would work to say "...[she] left her Corsican home to sing at a talent show in Paris." I think it works well, because it's technically true, but I just want to make sure I have the approval of my fellow Alizée fans.

Of course, this article's audience -- the many thousands that pass through my college everyday -- are probably unfamiliar with Alizée, so they won't think about it nearly as hard.

- N
Old 11-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

· 2000: Alizée auditions for “Graines de star”. First in Corsica (in the césar palace) and then in Paris interpreting the song “waiting for tonight”. Although for several reasons the precise date of this is not clear for example it appears in some videos that it is actually 19<SUP>th</SUP> December 1999. Whilst when Graines de Star was broadcasted, a fragment of the video appears with the label: Audition January 2000.
· 25<SUP>th</SUP> February 2000: Alizée on “Graines de Star” performs “Ma Prière” which was originally sung by Axelle Red. In which Alizée comes first (source Nidalizée) However another source states it is the 26<SUP>th</SUP> of January (gourmand'alizée).
· 14<SUP>th</SUP> April 2000: She returns again on “Graines de Star”, performing once again “Ma Prière” and this time Alizée also sings “Oh Happy Days” alongside three others; Marie and Sydney aged 13 and Claire 16. Claire won, whilst Alizée 15 at the time came second. (source Nidalizée). Claimed on another site it was 27<SUP>th</SUP> of February (gourmand'alizée). There is some doubt about the exact dates of “Graines De Star” performances by Alizée due to schedule changes on the show. Some videos show Alizée performances as dated in 1999, however Homer feels the above dates are correct.

Last edited by Just a Guest; 11-28-2007 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: cleaned up a little...
Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Homer's chronology has a lot of stuff:

http://www.alizee-forum.com/showpost...4&postcount=62

She didn't actually win, you know.

Here's the relevant entry in that chronology.

• 2000: Alizée auditions for “Graines de star”. First in Corsica (in the césar palace) and then in Paris interpreting the song “waiting for tonight”. Although for several reasons the precise date of this is not clear for example it appears in some videos that it is actually 19th December 1999. Whilst when Graines de Star was broadcasted, a fragment of the video appears with the label: Audition January 2000.
• 25th February 2000: Alizée on “Graines de Star” performs “Ma Prière” which was originally sung by Axelle Red. In which Alizée comes first
• 14th April 2000: She returns again on “Graines de Star”, performing once again “Ma Prière” and this time Alizée also sings “Oh Happy Days” alongside three others; Marie and Sydney aged 13 and Claire 16. Claire won, whilst Alizée 15 at the time came second. There is some doubt about the exact dates of “Graines De Star” performances by Alizée due to schedule changes on the show. Some videos show Alizée performances as dated in 1999, however Homer feels the above dates are correct.
• 21st May 2000: Moi… Lolita begins to be aired on the radio
• 4th July 2000: Moi… Lolita single is released
• 26th July 2000: The video of the song Moi…Lolita was released for the first time exclusively on the M6 network (Some websites claim that the actual date is the 28th July 2000)

BTW there appears to have been a casting in Paris:

Edit: Just A Guest has the relevant links too; that's cool.

Last edited by fsquared; 11-28-2007 at 07:35 PM..
Old 11-28-2007, 07:30 PM
You must recover!

Oh God you just confused the hell out of me.

So... did her winning performance, the one that would've caught Farmer's eye, did that happen in '99 or 2000? And for said performance, Paris or Corsica?

That is the question.

Right now my paper has it as 1999, Paris. Maybe to be safe I should say it happened at the "turn of the millenium." Sounds more dramatic that way, too.

- N

EDIT: Didn't see Fsquared's post. I'm absorbing it now...

Last edited by Neiteio; 11-28-2007 at 07:36 PM..
Old 11-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

In my opinion she never showed up in the april session wich should have been
her 3rd appearance, because she was invited by Farmer and Boutonnat and
the performance was cancelled. (according to the host of the show in some
interview)

Last edited by Just a Guest; 11-28-2007 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: damn typo's