Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
This picture It makes me feel better already!

Where can I get a hi-res jpg of it? I must have it.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Default Gender-bending chemicals found in plastic

The dangers of Bisphenol A (BPA) in the plastic products we use everyday has been around for a while, but I just saw a new article on it this morning.

As you know, fertility has been dropping in the western world for quite some time, and there is some evidence that BPA plastics contribute to that. There are a host of other health issues linked to it as well.

I read about this at least ten years ago, when it was just a "conspiracy theory" story. I have changed the way that I store and heat food (especially the microwave). I went to all glass containers. I don't drink liquids in plastic that are exposed to the sun for extended periods of time. The plastics will leach the chemical into foods and liquids that are heated more readily.

In case you are interested in reading more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ge-bodies.html
Old 02-07-2018, 02:03 AM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

Aspartame is another common toxic additive which, has been seen in studies and clinical research, produce neurotoxic effects.
Omega 3 has a neuroprotective effect against aspartame.

Some of the population is deficient in Omega 3's!

Edit:

What about fruit?
Mangos and oranges are my favorite

Last edited by VitaminAlizée333; 02-07-2018 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-07-2018, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminAlizée333 View Post
Aspartame is another common toxic additive which, has been seen in studies and clinical research, produce neurotoxic effects.
Omega 3 has a neuroprotective effect against aspartame.

Some of the population is deficient in Omega 3's!
I have been wary of products containing aspartame for quite some time. I have a sweet tooth, but also watch my calorie intake, so if I can find a No Sugar Added product or a Sugar Free product, I always check the ingredients for aspartame. I do love Diet 7-Up, and I know it contains aspartame, but I never drink more than one can a day if I do have one.

I read an article about Omega-6 fatty acids and how the general population, especially young people, consume way too much of it in relation to Omega-3. Potato chips and processed foods that contain vegetable oils are a main culprit. It's not that Omega-6 is BAD in of itself, but the ratio of Omega-6 vs Omega-3 can be such that if there is an overload of O6 vs O3, it has been linked to behavioral problems in children, such as ADHD. In a controlled study, adjusting the diets of the test subjects by increasing intake of O3 and decreasing O6 showed marked improvements in behavioral issues, and probably saved them from having to take Ritalin.

Quote:
What about fruit?
Mangos and oranges are my favorite
My digestive system does not tolerate many fruit, especially ones with high citric acid content. Oranges, grapefruit, plums, lemons, lime, etc. all on my Do Not Eat list. Interestingly, a lemon flavor is one of my favorite flavors (such as in 7-Up), or in desserts, or sprinkling lemon juice on seafood, even pasta!

Some fruit I just don't like the texture, like peaches, apples, and mangos. I stick with fruit that I like and tolerate well, such as bananas, pears, grapes, red wine
Old 03-17-2018, 08:22 PM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

Old 03-17-2018, 11:10 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
.............My digestive system does not tolerate many fruit, especially ones with high citric acid content. Oranges, grapefruit, plums, lemons, lime, etc. all on my Do Not Eat list. Interestingly, a lemon flavor is one of my favorite flavors (such as in 7-Up), or in desserts, or sprinkling lemon juice on seafood, even pasta!

Some fruit I just don't like the texture, like peaches, apples, and mangos. I stick with fruit that I like and tolerate well, such as bananas, pears, grapes, red wine
I have the same problem with oranges, and grapefruit, cantelope and apples, but I read with apples, when they're baked as in a pie, it changes the chemical make up, so luckily I can eat one of my favorite deserts, apple pie ala mode just fine.

Other than that, I can eat bananas, strawberries and blueberries. I also have to have lemon juice on my fish.

Quote:
You would post a picture like that. I'm two weeks into my diet!
Old 03-18-2018, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I have the same problem with oranges, and grapefruit, cantelope and apples, but I read with apples, when they're baked as in a pie, it changes the chemical make up, so luckily I can eat one of my favorite deserts, apple pie ala mode just fine.
I'm glad you brought this up because I cannot have a holiday without apple pie, and it doesn't bother me like raw apples.

Interestingly, any fruit heated and made into a cobbler, even blueberries (which I have no issues with raw), really makes me pay for it a few hours after eating it. Maybe it is the other ingredients added to the cobbler.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:16 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I have another issue with certain foods. Sometimes when I eat something such as if eating plain tuna fish (packed in water), my throat will tighten up and sometimes I get the hick ups too. Other foods cause it too. I was in Oslo on vacation a couple of years ago and after a day of doing touristry stuff, on my way back to the hotel, I stopped at a 7/11 to get a hot dog on a bun with just mustard. I got the same type of feeling with my throat tightening up pretty good.

So the next day, I was in the same position and I did the same thing to see if it would happen again and it did. When I got home, I usually stay away from processed foods, but as an experiment, I got a pack of hot dogs and some buns and ate them over the next few days and no problems what so ever.

Of course the ingredients can vary greatly in what they use to make these foods over there compared to here.

Talking to my family doctor and a nutritionist about it was a waste of time.

Usually if I get that feeling, drinking something will get rid of it.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:38 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Alizee has an exceptionally long forefinger.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Alizee has an exceptionally long forefinger.

This caused me to look for Alizee finger pictures this morning.

You are right. In the picture in question, her index finder is very ET-like. I have always thought she had beautiful fingers and in proportion to her body. In the picture, it looks like she had played the Pull My Finger prank way too much. I think it an optical illusion because of the background.

With a sigh of relief, I found the picture below with that same forefinger extended, and it looks normal.

Now I can resume my day with a clear head.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 03-19-2018 at 08:43 AM..

Tags
healthydiet