Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 08-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Ok Scruff I hope you don't mind me giving a few words about this, but I think we need to hit the forums for the BIGGEST COLLEGES first, cause there are colleges that have over 25k people and that would get alot of views and spread the word even faster. What do you guys think
Old 08-24-2010, 03:00 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Just a note that one thing I've noticed so far is that some of these universities have several forums. Forums for each type of team they have or forums for different fields that their school is the focus of i.e. engineering, agriculture, medical, etc.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:09 PM

Ronald is on a distinguished road

Anything to promote our "Lilli" is a good thing to do, but how do you guys feel when some newbie posts here only "off-topic" things?

Personally I hate such posts (most of them are annoying adult links...)

Maybe you'll get more luck by registering anywhere, post a few serious posts, and then start to promote the french girl, I think you'd then have more success...
Old 08-24-2010, 06:19 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Sweet idea. Knocks the socks off of my idea.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:37 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

I like this idea also. One must use caution not to get banned from all the college sites.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

you know, I've been thinking.
what if one of our more musically talented fans here perform one of her songs (vocals or instrumental, doesn't matter) on a talent show! America's Got Talent, for example, get many view and I think it would be a great way to promote her here in the US.

Any thought?

Old 08-24-2010, 08:49 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
what if one of our more musically talented fans here perform one of her songs (vocals or instrumental, doesn't matter) on a talent show! America's Got Talent, for example, get many view and I think it would be a great way to promote her here in the US.

Any thought?
Really good idea! However... Should they be really, really good or should they butcher the song? JK lol. Yeah, let's find an amazing singer who would be willing to sing (and possibly perform?) an Alizée song on AGT! That would be great! Personally, for me, I know one girl who has a really good voice but I don't think she'd fit well singing an Alizée song as her voice is more of a powerful opera voice... From the forum, I nominate Rictor! I'm sure he wouldn't mind as he has recently shown us his passion and love for singing with his birthday gift to Alizée . Or Mark could go do some sweet stuff on his guitar for it. Or IncliningPizza could show off his amazing piano skills!

Anyway, I think that if someone was willing, that would be a pretty decent way to let her be known to a wide audience of people. Lots of people watch. For the live performances they kept saying things about the thousands and thousands of people watching. I know I really enjoy watching AGT and have been watching this whole season. I do believe there is an episode coming on tonight.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Not to be the Harbinger of Doom, ok maybe I will be With shows/competitions like AGT and American Idol, they have auditions before the show which filters out a lot of people, and not all the people get filmed So it probably wouldn't work.....But it's a great idea!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fèvier View Post
you know, i've been thinking.
What if one of our more musically talented fans here perform one of her songs (vocals or instrumental, doesn't matter) on a talent show! America's got talent, for example, get many view and i think it would be a great way to promote her here in the us.

Any thought?
kayla! Kayla! Kayla!
Take one for the team!

Can you imagine her or one of us here performing one of Alizee's song on American Idol?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Last week while posting in the "Alizée viral marketing" thread started by Zeerre, I got the idea of going to college forums and posting there to promote Alizée. At that time, I joined the college confidential forum and started a thread there. Just over an hour later, they closed it because it had a link to Youtube, but in that hour, it had 75 hits.

This morning I joined 2 other forums. One called Buckeye planet (Ohio state) and another called Irish envy (Notre Dame). Just about every forum seems to have a open topic section where you can post anything. I figured it was best to post something as if I was a student there and I figured it be best to make up some type of story to get the word out there (Forgive me Lord!).
Here are links to the 2 threads.

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/o...ml#post1751985

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/lepr...er-before.html

It seems like a lot of these forums are sports oriented. That doesn't really matter because like I said, they all have an open subject section.

I did a little research on the net and found out there are over 4,000 colleges/universities in this country. I'm sure there are hundreds of forums out there.

This is a great opportunity to do some free advertising for Alizée. Wont cost us a penny. All it will take is a little time on our part.

If anyone decides to do it, use your own imagination on what to say.

Each forum seems to be different. Some don't allow links. Some you have to embed a youtube code to display a video. Some you just have to post the link that's at the top of the page.

The best time to do this will probably be in a few weeks when most colleges are back in session, but it wont hurt to register or even post now.

EDIT: I added a link to La Isla Bonita
Great one, Scruff! I checked your links and found a couple of pictures I've never seen before that were posted by the members there.

Let's not forget, though, Youtube is still the best place to post /upload our videos. I believe we could have gotten several thousand hits had we upload our videos a day or two earlier. Timing is everything! Let's keep our eyes on the news and look for another Steven Slater story out there.

PS: Our SS videos are still doing good. Hopefully, we're able to convert a couple of hundreds of them!

Last edited by Jake04; 08-25-2010 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-25-2010, 05:25 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

I think it's a great idea Scruffy, we have to be careful not to come off as spammers though. As Ronald mentioned maybe we should join the forums, make a few relevant posts here and there, and then make a thread about Alizée.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post

Any thought?
I hate to be Negative Nancy, but I think the odds of that happening are pretty slim. As Aaronius pointed out already, auditions are set in place to weed out the people, and not all who audition make it to the stage before the three judges. I don't think that an instrumental rendition of one of Alizée's songs would be noteworthy enough, singing would be a better choice. But then again, what song would they sing? The English versions of Alizée's songs are, as Alizée herself commented once, laughable. So, now we would need someone that sings amazingly well in French... or terribly bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Let's not forget, though, Youtube is still the best place to post /upload our videos. I believe we could have gotten several thousand hits had we upload our videos a day or two earlier. Timing is everything! Let's keep our eyes on the news and look for another Steven Slater story out there.
I don't really watch TV at all, if it weren't for you I probably wouldn't have found out about Steven Slater until much later, but from now on I'm keeping my eyes peeled for another opportunity.

Tags
alizee, promotion