Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Reasons to be in disagreement with this thread:

Reason 2 : The reality of today's society.

Before making big and inaccurate statements, we should always consider some factors, one of them being the society in which we live today. As important as Neil Armstrong is and will ever be as an icon in human history, his relevance today is not the same as it was 30 or 40 years ago.
I couldn't disagree with that more if I tired. I was born in 1990 and even when I was a kid ... (90s - early 2000s) most kids knew who we was and often idolized him. When I was growing up there were still toys being made of Apollo 11 .. many of which I owned. Now I know this was 12+ years ago but I don't see how much could change since when I was a kid Apollo 11 was 20-30 years ago.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 09-07-2012, 02:34 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This post is only against the statements made by the OP and not against Neil Armstrong or the people showing their condoleces to him

Reason 3: The world’s reality

Every person in here is different and have a different view about different topics. In my opinion, saying that I lack of care because I did not post on a thread is nonsense.
I would only accuse someone of lack of caring in case I would have strong evidences of that, and of course, I would only do that if it is something that I consider really important.

However, since the "acusation" made from the original poster was in general against the members of this forum, I will post the only lack of caring that I would dare to accuse of to everybody in here, and the kind of lack of caring that I consider at least more important than a single individual death.

Yes, demagogic, I admit that, but true nevertheless. That is lack of caring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
there are things happening in the world other than Alizee that are definitely worth talking about.
Of course... Like what happens in the picture above. But when someone judges a whole forum on the basis of the number of posts on a thread... can be judged back about such statements.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I couldn't disagree with that more if I tired. I was born in 1990 and even when I was a kid ... (90s - early 2000s) most kids knew who we was and often idolized him. When I was growing up there were still toys being made of Apollo 11 .. many of which I owned. Now I know this was 12+ years ago but I don't see how much could change since when I was a kid Apollo 11 was 20-30 years ago.
Yeah, SpanishFan, you couldn't be more wrong.

If someone or something is important, they are known...for virtually forever.

Although space shuttles don't launch anymore, they're still being merchandised like crazy, along with rockets and everything. I know because I work at a Cracker Barrel and they have had space shuttles and rockets in the younger kids' section ever since I can remember.

Same goes for Galileo the Astronomer. His invention and legacy is thought of every single day, because his use of Optics was so large and telescopes and stars are studied 24/7 because of his studies and inventions.

Important people become immortalized and remembered no matter what today's society thinks of them, or how often they think of them.

I've known who Neil Armstrong is ever since I can remember being alive.

Edit:

And SpanishFan, the title of this thread is obviously a joke...and jokes are supposed to be taken lightly.

Edit:

You're taking this thread wayyyy to seriously and its not worth your time, I can tell ya that.

Last edited by User22; 09-07-2012 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-07-2012, 02:50 PM
For me... formidable

Quote:
This post is only against the statements made by the OP and not against Neil Armstrong or the people showing their condoleces to him

Reason 4: Perspective

You are free to post from your own perspective of things… but judging us or ignoring other people’s perspectives does not sound that good.
You assume certain things that other people don’t. There is the example of Corsaire on this thread. Other people maybe think that the moon landing was succesful but maybe what we saw was “a recreación of the landing”

Others may think that Armstrong is not that especial at all, that he is not a hero. If he died on his mission, another man would have replaced him on the next mission. The great achievement is the landing on the moon, I don’t see why I have to worship the guy driving the thing or the one planting his foot in the moon any more than the people who designed the vehicles or the people who was in charge of the Project at the time.

So instead of posting from a global point of view, you used a narrow personal perpective to judge everybody else not even about our opinions, but for the fact that we did not post there. It does not make sense to me.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Mr. Mike

Just so your posts are in one nice neat post cause there is a lot here! Im not sure if I want to explain myself anymore because I did quite a few times and I still haven't changed my answer nor my stance so unless I see something that really strikes me, I will not reply to anyone anymore on why I posted this thread however that does not mean I wont read.
Quote:
You are free to post from your own perspective of things… but judging us or ignoring other people’s perspectives does not sound that good.
Also know I never ignored anyone's perceptive as for I have read every post on this thread even though there is a lot I do not agree with so I don't know where you are getting that from!
Quote:
There is the example of Corsaire on this thread. Other people maybe think that the moon landing was succesful but maybe what we saw was “a recreación of the landing
No that is also inccorrect and frankly no debatable either. If you want evidence ill elaborate but I rather be spared that because it is a waste of my and your time. You already know the answer as do I!

Quote:
Others may think that Armstrong is not that especial at all, that he is not a hero. If he died on his mission, another man would have replaced him on the next mission. The great achievement is the landing on the moon, I don’t see why I have to worship the guy driving the thing or the one planting his foot in the moon any more than the people who designed the vehicles or the people who was in charge of the Project at the time.
^Neil felt the same way

Live your life by this song and all will be fine!
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oKsxPW6i3pM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Quote:
Ok, since you still think we lack of caring, I will express my views on this tomorrow.
Quote:

Reason 1: The reality of the forum.

While trying to make an objetive analysis of a forum is nearly impossible, it is easy to just focus on the facts:

-This is an Alizée forum: Logic would tell us that the most important topic in an Alizée forum is Alizée. Having that in mind, it is easy to think that even in the offtopic sección, any topic in relation with France, Women, singers… and any topic related to forum members: internet, videogames, school/job… would have more posts than a topic non related at all with Alizée or the forum members. So the death of an astronaut can not be considered initially as a “hot topic”, at least in here.

-Forum members habits: Some of the forum members just read the offtopic section but don’t tend to post too much in here. Some others can easily miss the existence of a certain thread.
Some members don’t even come to the offtopic section at all.

-Number of posts on a thread: some “deep” threads about philosophy or history could get a couple of replies, and other threads about things like make up or ponies could get thousands of posts. So it is safe to say that there is no relation between the importance of the topic being discussed and the number of posts it gets. Random is the word. Even in the Alizée discussion section there are multiple threads with just a couple of replies.

Thinking about these aspects and a few others, one would think that there is more than just one reason to not post on a certain thread in the offtopic sección of the Aam forum.
As for why someone would choose “the lack of caring of the people here” as the only reason, is beyond my comprehension.

I am dissapointed at your lack of knowledge about the reality of the forum.
Quote:

Reason 2 : The reality of today's society.

Before making big and inaccurate statements, we should always consider some factors, one of them being the society in which we live today. As important as Neil Armstrong is and will ever be as an icon in human history, his relevance today is not the same as it was 30 or 40 years ago.
From a blog:

We could discuss how this can be possible, we could get annoyed by this... etc, but the fact that there is some people who dont know who he was or what he did, it is undeniable. The activities of NASA don’t engage the actual generations in the same way they did in the past.

Your lack of understanding of today’s society disappoint me.
Quote:

Reason 3: The world’s reality

Every person in here is different and have a different view about different topics. In my opinion, saying that I lack of care because I did not post on a thread is nonsense.
I would only accuse someone of lack of caring in case I would have strong evidences of that, and of course, I would only do that if it is something that I consider really important.

However, since the "acusation" made from the original poster was in general against the members of this forum, I will post the only lack of caring that I would dare to accuse of to everybody in here, and the kind of lack of caring that I consider at least more important than a single individual death.

Yes, demagogic, I admit that, but true nevertheless. That is lack of caring.

Of course... Like what happens in the picture above. But when someone judges a whole forum on the basis of the number of posts on a thread... can be judged back about such statements.
Quote:

Reason 4: Perspective

You assume certain things that other people don’t. There is the example of Corsaire on this thread. Other people maybe think that the moon landing was succesful but maybe what we saw was “a recreación of the landing”

So instead of posting from a global point of view, you used a narrow personal perpective to judge everybody else not even about our opinions, but for the fact that we did not post there. It does not make sense to me.

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 09-07-2012 at 03:10 PM..
Old 09-07-2012, 03:03 PM
For me... formidable

My personal view about Neil Armstrong:

To compare him to Galileo, Carl Sagan, Stephen Hawking, Einstein, etc... it's just a joke.
He was a likeable man, very successful in his proffesion, and probably one of the most important icons in history. He had a good and long life and I am glad of that. But his death it is not a loss to humanity in the way other deaths could be,(medical researchers, technology developers, etc...) and certainly no important to me at all. At least not as important to me as the man who "discovered" fire, the wheel... the thousands of inventors, surgeons, scientifics, philosophers... and that list could go on and on and on...

Thanks for reading. That was all.

Last edited by SpanishFan; 09-07-2012 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
My personal view about Neil Armstrong:

To compare him to Galileo, Carl Sagan, Stephen Hawking, Einstein, etc... it's just a joke.
He was a likeable man, very successful in his proffesion, and probably one of the most important icons in history. He had a good and long life and I am glad of that. But his dead it is not a loss to humanity in the way other deaths could be,(medical researchers, technology developers, etc...) and certainly no important to me at all. At least not as important to me as the man who "discovered" fire, the wheel... the thousands of inventors, surgeons, scientifics, philosophers... and that list could go on and on and on...

Thanks for reading. That was all.
You do know Neil Armstrong was a professor and an Aerospace Engineer yes? So there for you can compare him to "Galileo, Carl Sagan, Stephen Hawking, Einstein, etc..." He taught Aerospace Engineering at the University of Cincinnati! Also know 90% of all Engineering Professors do research as do mine ... so he probably did do research while teaching.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:26 PM
For me... formidable

I would like to add something else cause I did not express something correctly. When I said his relevance is not the same today as it was 40 years ago I am not saying that what he did it is less important now, I meant that he is not that well known now amongst the younger generations as he was before. I meant relevance as in "fame", not importance.

Even with that, my point was not focusing about how well known is he today, it was more about forgetting the fact that there are a lot of people who do not know about him, as his recent dead proved, especially on social networks.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
I would like to add something else cause I did not express something correctly. When I said his relevance is not the same today as it was 40 years ago I am not saying that what he did it is less important now, I meant that he is not that well known now amongst the younger generations as he was before. I meant relevance as in "fame", not importance.

Even with that, my point was not focusing about how well known is he today, it was more about forgetting the fact that there are a lot of people who do not know about him, as his recent dead proved, especially on social networks.
I know what you meant and I said I disagreed with it ... I feel there is a huge gap in communication between us
btw I want you to read this because you made a very big bobo http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...3&postcount=67

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 09-07-2012 at 03:29 PM..
Old 09-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Mr. Mike

You can find a plagiarized version of my post here http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7187
Though it was posted without my permission and or knowledge I do endorse it!

Tags
moonraker, moonriver