Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Holy Moly!..that is an Awesome License Plate!! What exactly did guldebrett do at that restaurant?..i did a search, but came up empty
He introduced the owner/chef to Alizée who now has her pictures and music in the restaurant and a desert named for Alizée on the menu
Old 01-07-2007, 02:55 PM

nishaan7 is on a distinguished road

lol 4 u to learn french fluently takes about 8 good years if its not ur native language, i know because i live in canada and thats how long it took me (grd 1 to 8) to learn propre french, also u can take as many french lessons as u want but u need to be in the right atmosphere and speak it all the time

P.S. im a new member, is this an official alizee website
Old 01-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

A lifetime I would say!
Old 01-07-2007, 05:59 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishaan7 View Post
lol 4 u to learn french fluently takes about 8 good years if its not ur native language, i know because i live in canada and thats how long it took me (grd 1 to 8) to learn propre french, also u can take as many french lessons as u want but u need to be in the right atmosphere and speak it all the time

P.S. im a new member, is this an official alizee website
Welcome to the site!

No this is not her official website. Her official site has been inactive for a while. We're hoping once her new album is out that an official website will surface.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 01-08-2007, 03:39 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

I'd say 2 to 3 years is enough...

Or have you seen 2 to 3 years old French kid that isn't fluent in French ?

Altho... if we are speaking of us... well, it will take lifetime and we still aren't fluent. Ok, some learns it but some won't... even if you know the language well, you still seem to have trouble speaking it equally fluently as native.

I know for example couple English and Japanese people who have been living here 15 to 20 years and they never learned to speak Finnish fluently (even tho, they do speak it everyday since they are teachers). They even knows different accents of Finnish and got no trouble with them too (no more trouble than I have... since some of the accents are just bizarre ). They got no trouble speaking it, nor understanding it but it still aren't as fluent as my Finnish is. You can clearly hear that they aren't native Finns.

Well, of course Finnish and French isn't same... But the same problem exists in both cases. Only 1 out of very many will succeed to learn the foreign language so fluently that it can't be heard when he/she talks.

Last edited by RMJ; 01-08-2007 at 03:46 AM..
Old 01-08-2007, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

To me, it really wouldn't matter if French people can tell I'm American by my accent. I would hope to eventually work some of the "English" out, but I guess it also depends on your definition of fluent. If you mean that you can't even tell that it's one's second language, that would be a pretty tall order to fill, jmo.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Yeh to be honest, I don't care whether they can or cannot tell if I'm native. As long as I can hold a conversation with a native about anything this world can offer, I'm happy