Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

My boss had his second marriage in Nevada. But he could get divorced in any state. Couldn't she maybe have a divorce processed during one of her trips to NY or Fla.?

Just asking because that search says Nevada.

Not that I care if it's occurred or not.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:42 PM

OndrejSc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Couldn't she maybe have a divorce processed during one of her trips to NY or Fla.?

The more I search that site, the less I trust them. Peculiar results for expanded searches. Try for yourselves:

https://www.archives.com/search/vita...ada&cert=False

Last edited by OndrejSc; 04-21-2015 at 05:44 PM..
Old 04-21-2015, 06:00 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
My boss had his second marriage in Nevada. But he could get divorced in any state. Couldn't she maybe have a divorce processed during one of her trips to NY or Fla.?

Not that I care if it's occurred or not.
Well I had speculated when she went to NY for vacation in the middle of a freezing winter if that might have been one of real purposes of that trip. Nobody seemed to know at that time if it could be done from another state or for that matter by someone else maybe with the power of attorney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OndrejSc View Post
The more I search that site, the less I trust them. Peculiar results for expanded searches. Try for yourselves:

https://www.archives.com/search/vita...ada&cert=False
It's tough and often frustrating work. Even though that site doesn't have a listing for a divorce, I have no confidence that one did or didn't happen.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:53 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I checked Clark County NV family court records and there was nothing under Chatelain or Jacotey. There was a Chatelain but not Jeremy or Alizée.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:35 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I would not be surprised if she eventually felt that living together and not being married is wrong in the eyes of our Lord, if she herself is religious.

Well, we know where you stand on the topic.

I try not to come at it from rights or wrongs, I simply try to look at the possible influences in play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
As far as I remember Alizée's not very religous, I mean sure the Catholic influence isn't an insignificant thing in France but I don't think it means so much in her personal life. I don't remember in which interview she said that but I read it once.
Notice how she now wears a cross. She didn't used to.

Quote:
Nah I don't think so. Then it wouldn't make sense that she never married Jérémy in France because in an interview she once said that she's not married by French law. And they even had a kid so if she really would be that religious she (at least) would have officially married him when she found out that she was pregnant.
Se was 19 when she married him. In many ways, she was still a child. It is said that rational thinking is the last thing to fully mature in a person. In some ways, a person is still a child until they are about 26.

She is now 30. Do not assume that she still thinks the same way as she did when she was 19. Do you still think the same way as when you were 16?

I have noticed that, especially for women, a woman tends to wander away from the family until the late 20s. Then, around 30, they start to seek family association much more.

This can also be true of spirituality. It is very typical for some form of religion or spirituality to become more important to a person as they get older.

I guess I am simply saying that people change. We can say that a person believed such and such at a given time, but you have to allow for evolution in those beliefs over time. What is important to her today?

Edit:

Whoops. I thought that I was at the end of the posts when I read post number 40. I missed the 14 posts on this page.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
... I don't think she's the least bit religious. We've only seen her at a couple of what I think are similar to our blessing of the fleets in this country. If she was the least bit active in the church, I'm sure we would have found out about it long ago. One of the first things I read about her years ago when I first found out about her on Wikipedia I believe it was is that she's Catholic-non practicing. She's more superstitious than she is religious. So the only way we would see a church wedding is if Gregoire is religious, but I have a feeling he will probably let Alizée call the shots.....
This is why I refer to both religious and spiritual. A person can have beliefs (sometimes strong beliefs) without actively practicing in any particular religion.

Edit:

Quote:
Well I had speculated when she went to NY for vacation in the middle of a freezing winter if that might have been one of real purposes of that trip. Nobody seemed to know at that time if it could be done from another state or for that matter by someone else maybe with the power of attorney....

Yes. It is possible to get a divorce in another state. Complicates the search a little, doesn't it.

Last edited by Rev; 04-22-2015 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-22-2015, 12:53 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
and it was totally necessary to post this link because...?
I don't understand why you are always coming back to this. Who says that she didn't take care of this a long time ago? I'm sure she did, every sane woman would. Especially when she has a new boyfriend. It's not like she has to tell us the exact date when she went to court to get a divorce. [/QUOTE]

Any information on the Internet or in the news concerning a public figure is in the public domain and fair game for discussion. For instance when a young woman asked Bill Clinton--who at the time was President of the United States--whether he wore boxers or briefs, that was played in the mainstream media. You might find that vulgar and inappropriate but it was out there and being discussed by the public. You could take the high road and choose not to dirty yourself with the issue, but that won't change the fact that it's out there and of interest to a lot of people. In addition to freedom of speech there is a question whether sweeping an issue under the rug and pretending it doesn't exist is a healthy thing to do. Is it a good idea to turn Alizee into a religious icon who can never be associated with the profane or criticized as less then perfect?

If the Nazis are writing about Alizee, a person i adore, I absolutely want to know what that is all about. To question whether a married woman got a divorce prior to taking on a second marriage is definitely fair game. That she is someone you have considerable affection for makes that question even more pertinent.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:11 AM

She didn't necessarily take care of it yet. My sister in law was separated for over 10 years before she dealt with it. What finally motivated her was a very serious (and continuing to progress) relationship. And she didn't have to travel to another country. All she had to do was take the paperwork to the local authorities.

Keep in mind that there is a child involved. As long as there was no pressing need to do it she was better off in some ways just leaving it be.

Last edited by Rev; 04-22-2015 at 01:14 AM..
Old 04-22-2015, 01:18 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And you don't think the media will have a field day if she is still married, even if it's a marriage that isn't recognized in France, when she get's married again, assuming there will be a marriage? Again I don't know what to say to you Jenny if you believe the media will let that tasty little morsel slip. If the media had already heard there was a divorce, we would have heard about it.
And I said this when and where?

Quote:
So the media would ONLY have a reason to talk about this issue if she would still be married (the scandal!!) because a divorce wouldn't be a big deal to talk about. She's in a relationship with Grégoire for 1 1/2 years now, no one cares anymore when exactly she got the divorce.

Sometimes I think we are constantly talking at cross-purposes Scruffy.
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 04-22-2015 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: forgot sth
Old 04-22-2015, 01:59 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
After spending 2 hrs searching different available databases, this is the best result I got regarding a divorce:

OndrejSc, thanks for the research you've done on this.

Like Scruffydog777, I think Alizee should get the divorce. Not only is there the problem of bad publicity but she could run into legal difficulties in the USA. If she failed to get the divorce, Jérémy could claim to be her rightful husband and on that basis cause her some problems when she visits the USA. I don't think that is likely, but why take the chance? With the Christian conservatives taking control of the government, there is also the possibility--although an unlikely possibility--that while visiting the USA, she could have criminal charges of polygamy brought against her.

On the other hand, if Alizee did pursue a divorce, Jeremy could demand some concessions that she might have been able to avoid by avoiding the divorce litigation.

I expect that Jeremy and she have long ago come to a peaceful accommodation, so he won't have any interest in causing her problems in the future.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:54 AM

She may have already done it, just not in Las Vegas. She could have had a lawyer involved and had it taken care of in New York the last time they were there, for example.

Tags
alizee, engaged, engagement, gregoire, public.fr, rumor