Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-20-2008, 11:41 PM

maxbest is on a distinguished road
Unhappy -_- just lost ALL my stuff~~

(Well, guys, I officially lost all my Alizee videos, pics, musics(I got CDs) on my computer after I caught a really bad virus and the damn thing won't even let me go to windows. Now the computer is fixed after i formatted it. But ALL my stuff is lost (at least 20G) My 3 years of hard work is all gone!!!

I'm posting this thread not only to express my anger but I would like to hear from you guys on how do you guys deal with things like this. Shit happens I know but I spent soooooooooooooo much time collecting things.

Anybody know where to download? I don't even remember how I got the videos the first place (some from bit-torrant...and little bit from 1alizee.com. I only discovered 1alizee.com like 1 month before it shuts down) I really want some of the high def ones but they are HARD to find...

Help me out guys!!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:45 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbest View Post
I would like to hear from you guys on how do you guys deal with things like this.
Backup.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:49 PM

Well, i will back up now, but didn't realize it before..
Old 05-20-2008, 11:53 PM
The Presence

chrelion is on a distinguished road

Time Machine
Old 05-20-2008, 11:53 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbest View Post
(Well, guys, I officially lost all my Alizee videos, pics, musics(I got CDs) on my computer after I caught a really bad virus and the damn thing won't even let me go to windows. Now the computer is fixed after i formatted it. But ALL my stuff is lost (at least 20G) My 3 years of hard work is all gone!!!

I'm posting this thread not only to express my anger but I would like to hear from you guys on how do you guys deal with things like this. Shit happens I know but I spent soooooooooooooo much time collecting things.

Anybody know where to download? I don't even remember how I got the videos the first place (some from bit-torrant...and little bit from 1alizee.com. I only discovered 1alizee.com like 1 month before it shuts down) I really want some of the high def ones but they are HARD to find...

Help me out guys!!
Look at this post, http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=635. Also, http://vdb.alizee.cz/.

BTW, quit looking for nake pics of our princess. They don't exist!!! (I'm messing with you.)

Dang, I need to get a 2nd HDD for a backup drive.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...

Last edited by Sir Wood; 05-20-2008 at 11:56 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
Look at this post, http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=635. Also, http://vdb.alizee.cz/.

BTW, quit looking for nake pics of our princess. They don't exist!!! (I'm messing with you.)

Dang, I need to get a 2nd HDD for a backup drive.
Thanks for the sites. holy smokes it takes a loooooooooooooooooooooong time. but oh well.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Think about the songs and sing them loud. Close your eyes and dream you are in the videos in the audience. Or rebuild your archives.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:35 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Your mistake was formatting the drive before recovering the data. Hard drives are cheap enough that getting a new one would be worth just getting the data, never mind having a new hard drive in the first place!

It really sucks that you lost everything, though. The best way to start building up your Alizée collection again would be using DC++, in my opinion. Alizée-Forum has a thread explaining how to do this.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:43 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

i accidentally formatted the wrong hard drive once, but i was able to retrieve most data on it by using O&O Format Recovery. however i didn't touch the HD upon formatting because writing over the files can make them irrecoverable.

as espire says try the DC, although i haven't tried it myself. i got most of my stuff from their HQ video download thread but i think many of them are expired links now. it would'nt hurt to try.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:06 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
That is a good one, but numerous links no longer work and most are from rapidshare, which means you either pay or spend ages waiting between each download.

Regarding backups- regardless of any other factors like your virus, hard drive are mechanical and will fail. That is absolute. Only the time it'll happen is not.