Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-17-2010, 09:56 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

I can relate with just about everything in your post Rictor. And I am sure just about everyone else here on the forums can too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
I live in New York and I'm sorry to say that the majority of the women I've met here have been arrogant, condescending, mean, and overall very Un-Alizée. *Note* - obviously not ALL NYC women are like this, but chance would have it that the ones I've met have mostly been this way with few exceptions...

... Here's the reality of most women that are out there nowadays in America:

- Many are overly liberal and politically correct nazi's who will get offended by the slightest thing
- Many of them will preach open-mindedness and quality of character and yet always try to go for the tallest, best looking, richest guy

I'm sick of it.
I don't live in NY, but I understand what you're saying completely. It is hard for anyone to find who they want. There just isn't that many people who are "beautiful on the inside and out" anymore, and an Alizée is even rarer.

Quote:
I haven't had a girlfriend in over 2 years now. I don't find anyone attractive except for Alizée. This is becoming a serious problem for me. Even when approached by a beautiful woman, I'm just not interested if she doesn't have Alizée's sweet, gentle characteristics.
Similar here. I'm still young and don't really NEED a relationship or anything though. I've been single all of highschool because there just isn't any good girls here. But I have patience and can wait to find "the one", but the fact that I found Alizée does not help at all as she has also blinded my eyes to a lot of other women.

Quote:
In conclusion, if anyone has any clue as to how I can regain my sanity after this Alizée spell, please let me know.
As for your sanity... same here bro. But I don't really mind
Old 04-17-2010, 11:27 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
After lurking on this forum for a while (to check on Alizée updates, lyrics, etc), I finally decided to register and join.

...A few years ago, a friend linked me to a video of Alizée performing "La Isla Bonita." I thought she was beautiful...but that wasn't it. There was something about her mannerisms and the way she carries herself that really won me over. I live in New York and I'm sorry to say that the majority of the women I've met here have been arrogant, condescending, mean, and overall very Un-Alizée. *Note* - obviously not ALL NYC women are like this, but chance would have it that the ones I've met have mostly been this way with few exceptions.

...Here's the reality of most women that are out there nowadays in America:

- Many are overly liberal and politically correct nazi's who will get offended by the slightest thing
- Many of them will preach open-mindedness and quality of character and yet always try to go for the tallest, best looking, richest guy

I'm sick of it.

Alizée on the other hand, is the perfect balance of everything good and pure. You can get a good sense of what someone is like by the way they respond to various situations. In interviews, Alizée just projects a sweet vibe that really can't be faked. I don't even know if she's aware of it, but her inner beauty comes out during these interviews. I even remember one time on that Fun TV interview where she described herself as the type of person who "puts others ahead of herself...

...In conclusion, if anyone has any clue as to how I can regain my sanity after this Alizée spell, please let me know.
Several people have commented on how similar your experience is to their own, so I will comment on a different portion of what you said.

I spent a lot of time during a portion of my single life (mid-20's) at the various night clubs in NYC. I had a chance to talk with many, many women at these clubs as I was doing something semi-official. The bottom line is that I eventually noticed that, almost without exception, the women I was drawn to were from out of town - almost none of them were New Yorkers!

You may simply be a big town guy who is in fact looking for a small town girl. The bad news here is that, if this is true, then you will likely have to move.

There are nice girls out there, but most of them are NOT in New York (remember that Alizée did not grow up in Paris, and she still relies on returning often to Corsica in order to remain "grounded").

Quote:
Exactly! That's probably why I've never liked any of the American celebrities growing up. Always tried to ignore the Britney Spears type characters. And as much as artists tend to hate the internet for leaking their music, etc. I'm glad the internet exists, otherwise I never would have known about our precious Lilly.

...The problem is that I really can't seem to find anyone who possess enough key Lilly type qualities. It's definitely an internal issue that I'm dealing with; I'm too obsessed with finding me a cute, big headed, sweet girl who looks like Lilly! I think it's absurd for me to expect there to be someone who looks like her AND has a similar personality, but I seem to be stuck in this state of mind...
Although you do sound like you are fairly obsessed with Lili, this will pass somewhat in time. The important thing to pay attention to is what it is telling you about you, and what you are drawn to.

Obviously, once you get past this phase, you will likely not find a girl that looks like Lili (if you do then watch out - you are not seeing that person for who they really are), however I would not be surprised if the girl you meet did have many of her qualities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
I can relate with just about everything in your post Rictor. And I am sure just about everyone else here on the forums can too.

I don't live in NY, but I understand what you're saying completely. It is hard for anyone to find who they want. There just isn't that many people who are "beautiful on the inside and out" anymore, and an Alizée is even rarer....
The tough part about all this is that Alizée really is a raritiy. That is why she has a following: because so many do recognise that she is special.

Ultimately, you will likely find a women with whom you are capable of a sustainable relationship. This means someone you are drawn to, and where each of you have enough of what the other person is looking for to be seen as fitting partner.

All in due time.

Last edited by Rev; 04-17-2010 at 11:30 PM..
Old 04-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Ultimately, you will likely find a women with whom you are capable of a sustainable relationship. This means someone you are drawn to, and where each of you have enough of what the other person is looking for to be seen as fitting partner.
One more thing. Do not show your girl any video or picture of Alizée. That is basically relationship suicide. Even a slightly self conscious girl will feel devastated when she thinks she is being compared to Alizée. Even if we aren't making a comparison she will be.

We might not care about being compared to Brad Pitt for instance, heck to us he is a hero. We cheer him on as he conquers women we could never get. Sure we might work out at the gym a little bit if our girl talks about him. But girls will stop eating entirely, get plastic surgery and cry themselves to sleep at night.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
One more thing. Do not show your girl any video or picture of Alizée. That is basically relationship suicide. Even a slightly self conscious girl will feel devastated when she thinks she is being compared to Alizée. Even if we aren't making a comparison she will be.

We might not care about being compared to Brad Pitt for instance, heck to us he is a hero. We cheer him on as he conquers women we could never get. Sure we might work out at the gym a little bit if our girl talks about him. But girls will stop eating entirely, get plastic surgery and cry themselves to sleep at night.
*ahem* If you can't express your celebrity crush to your partner without fear of him/her being offended, then please leave that relationship. All my female friends know my celeb crushes and are fine with it because they know it's just that. A crush. Just as they have celeb crushes.

Also, I do not know what females you are hanging around, but I do not know any who stop eating, go get plastic surgery, & cry themselves to sleep at night because they are not to the standards of somebody that society determined to be the ideal woman. That statement is quite sexist because you are making a generalization that women are oh-so emotionally weak and constantly seeking for the approval of society while men are just comfortable with who they are & don't need to really impress people.

So basically, I find your comments to be highly offensive towards myself and my female friends who are a wonderful group of people that I dearly love & care about. Oh yeah, and it's very offensive towards my mother (and my best friend's mother, who I consider my second mom), who I love dearly. More than any other woman on this planet.

Yours truly,

DJ Wise

Last edited by djwise; 04-18-2010 at 01:06 AM..
Old 04-18-2010, 01:33 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwise View Post
*ahem* If you can't express your celebrity crush to your partner without fear of him/her being offended, then please leave that relationship. All my female friends know my celeb crushes and are fine with it because they know it's just that. A crush. Just as they have celeb crushes....
Depends on the woman on how they are apt to react. Although H. may have embellished the reaction (a little) women do tend to compete. If she thinks you are measuring her against another woman than her reaction will depend in part on how important you are to her and in part on her own self image.

Basically, in a nutshell, HelixSix makes a good point. Go easy on introducing a new girlfriend to your interest in Alizée. Again, all in due time.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Depends on the woman on how they are apt to react. Although H. may have embellished the reaction (a little) women do tend to compete. If she thinks you are measuring her against another woman than her reaction will depend in part on how important you are to her and in part on her own self image.

Basically, in a nutshell, HelixSix makes a good point. Go easy on introducing a new girlfriend to your interest in Alizée. Again, all in due time.
Males compete as well. Males' reactions depend on how important someone is to them and their own self-image. This is not limited to just females. None of it is. Biological makeup does not equal how you react socially or mentally. Just because of what you have hanging down below (or lack thereof)

And HelixSix never made that point. He said don't show any Alizée-related material at any time because it's relationship suicide.

You are right, however, in saying that one should go easy in introducing Alizée, or any newly-found fandom, to a female friend. Let me expand it though. One should go easy in introducing a newly-found fandom to any friend. Though I do prefer ambushing my friends with new-found music all the time. But they expect that from me anyways cuz I'm a music-head.

But my point is that any statement made here applies to men as well. It applies to anybody. Not only women react in this fashion. Men do as well. The only thing that men and women do deals with bodily functions & even that is now debatable due to advancements in the medical field.

That is all I have on this matter.

Regards,

~Grand Master Wise
Old 04-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
*ahem* If you can't express your celebrity crush to your partner without fear of him/her being offended, then please leave that relationship. All my female friends know my celeb crushes and are fine with it because they know it's just that. A crush. Just as they have celeb crushes.
I never mentioned anything about a celebrity crush, you did. I never mentioned he or her being offended, you did. Not at any point did I refer to female friends, you did.

Quote:
Also, I do not know what females you are hanging around, but I do not know any who stop eating, go get plastic surgery, & cry themselves to sleep at night because they are not to the standards of somebody that society determined to be the ideal woman.
I never said anything about society's standards of what an ideal woman is. I was talking about when a girlfriend thinks you are comparing her to a very beautiful girl.

Quote:
That statement is quite sexist because you are making a generalization that women are oh-so emotionally weak and constantly seeking for the approval of society while men are just comfortable with who they are & don't need to really impress people.
I never said women are emotionally weak, you made that up. I made the point that they are more prone to go further to lessen the gap between them and a woman like Alizée, and that the approval is in the context of a relationship, not in society. And once again I did not even imply that men are comfortable with who they are, or that they don't need to impress people. You are the one libeling what I say.

Quote:
So basically, I find your comments to be highly offensive towards myself and my female friends who are a wonderful group of people that I dearly love & care about. Oh yeah, and it's very offensive towards my mother (and my best friend's mother, who I consider my second mom), who I love dearly. More than any other woman on this planet.
I made my post and you decided to change almost everything I said then took those straight up lies and turned them on your friends and family. You say I'm making generalizations about society when I'm talking specifically about girls in relationships and how they can compare themselves to a beautiful woman (especially if their guy introduces the beautiful woman to her) whether the guy is making the comparison or not.. But you try to translate that into an insult towards your friends and family...that's you talking and creating your own problem, not me.

You mention "female friends" quite often while I never mentioned them once. I was talking about girlfriends, you chose to twist what I said. You also chose to come at me and take things personally that I never said. I want you to go look up libel, slander and defame.

By the way, biological make up does contribute to how men and women react mentally and emotionally. We are different, far more than just the structure of our bodies. And that's proven. So go ahead and twist more things I said, but if you are actually going against proven scientific data I'll drop the book on you.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:09 AM
Wanderer

I'm not even going to reply to the majority of your post because I said what I had to say, but I do wish to bring to attention one thing. You accuse me of defamation, libel & slander? And then tell me to look those up?

Well, being as I already know those terms, let me tell you what they mean.

1) Libel & slander are types of defamation. You can either make slanderous comments or libel comments. Oh, and they have to be malicious, in intent.

2) Libel comments are comments that are written (published) words. Slander, on the other hand, are comments that have been spoken. So it's one or the other. Not both.

3) Defamation can only occur if the claim being made has the potential to seriously (read: seriously) harm one's reputation AND has to be communicated to a person who is not the person stating that they are being defamed.

Seeing as I made no claim that brought serious harm to you, with malicious intent (correct me if I'm mistaken & I did actually do some harm & was malicious in any shape or form) and that I replied directly back to you, there is no solid ground to call any form of defamation.

But then again, what do I know? Nothing, apparently. S'all to the good though. I am done here. I would address more of your statements, but quite honestly, this is the internet and I doubt I'll ever meet you in my life, so I'll save myself the trouble & keep to my Off Topic threads because, quite honestly, I'm disgusted.

Thank you

~Wyse

P.S. Please, nobody, don't reply to this, because you won't get a reply back.

P.P.S. Sowwy for ruining your thread Rictor. Seriously. I apologize. *Bows* Hope you enjoy your stay here, kay?!

Last edited by djwise; 04-18-2010 at 06:13 AM..
Old 04-18-2010, 06:48 AM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Wow, you're quite easy offended...

And welcome Rictor. It was like reading my own thoughts.

<3
Old 04-18-2010, 07:02 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I really relate to you Rictor. I never thought of Alizee having a particularly large head. Maybe a long forehead that is adorable. As far as I can see her features are perfectly symetrical in all ways.

Tags
alizee, beautiful, interview, tinkerbell