Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-24-2011, 03:47 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road
Default Zaz concert in New York

Wow! More and more French artists come here to do concerts. I know we have a lot of Alizee fans there in NY. I remember there was a call here to support other French artists like Yelle, to show them, especially Alizee, that US is a viable place for them to do concerts. Enjoy!

If it were in L.A., I definitely would go. I watched her performance in this year's Les Enfoires concert on DVD and I think she's also very talented.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=214313881948491
Old 07-24-2011, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

I have said this before, but a lot of Alizee fans just like Alizee, only.

For example, I said stuff about going to see Yelle and people just say, she no Alizee...

Also just to let you know Yelle is coming back to the US in December to do more concerts, because of all of her shows sell out.

I donno...its just not every day you see a French artist who sings in French perform in the US and sell out shows.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:00 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

NY is too far from me. If it were Alizee, then of course, that's another story. However, like I said, if she were performing in L.A., then I would have no problem attending her concert.
May be if her concert here is successful, others like Jenifer, Nolwenn, Amel and hopefully, just hopefully Alizee might be tempted to follow.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I think Zaz is really good.

I would think with all her internet exposure, Alizée may have been the more well known French artist in the U.S. of the ones mentioned, at least a few years ago. And yet she is the one who seems determined to not take advantage of that fact and come here to do a performance or make an appearance. The only risk is when you try to fund a nationwide promotion. That would be very expensive, but it wouldn't be necessary just to do a few shows or appearances.

The way I see it, Alizée avoids the U.S. for one of two reasons; either she is afraid of failure or she is afraid of success. Maybe both. Avoiding failure is an obvious one. No one wants to fail, but if Alizée were to succeed here, there would be demands on her which would likely increase her workload. I don't think Alizée wants to work any harder than she currently does.

I guess we're getting off topic discussing Alizée, but I always thought it would be interesting if, let's say, some combination of artists such as Amel, Nolwenn, Lorie, Melissa, Yelle, Alizée, Zaz and Jenifer (or whoever else you can think of) put together a concert tour together and came to the U.S.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I always thought it would be interesting if, let's say, some combination of artists such as Amel, Nolwenn, Lorie, Melissa, Yelle, Alizée, Zaz and Jenifer (or whoever else you can think of) put together a concert tour together and came to the U.S.
Again not to get off topic...

I know a lot of you are not tied in to the music industry and would never known this, but there was a concert planned in New York last year that fell through...it was going to have Soko, Emilie Simon, Melissa Mars and Phoenix.
It was to be run by: http://www.francerocks.net

Due to scheduling conflicts, it never happened. If Alizee wanted to, she could be a part of this soooooo easy, but she does not. 8(
Old 07-25-2011, 03:26 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I guess we're getting off topic discussing Alizée, but I always thought it would be interesting if, let's say, some combination of artists such as Amel, Nolwenn, Lorie, Melissa, Yelle, Alizée, Zaz and Jenifer (or whoever else you can think of) put together a concert tour together and came to the U.S.
That will be a dream come true for a lot of us.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:50 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday afternoon when I noticed that they sell international artists CDs. So, I immediately searched for Alizee but didn't find any. However, I found out that they do sell Zaz's album:

So, even though I was disappointed they didn't carry Alizee, it kind of gave me hope that at least they sell "French music." Also, when I used their little search machine and searched for Alizee... En Concert came up! May be you can order it through special order or online I should have asked them about Alizee's albums though. May be if there is enough demand, they would carry it as well.