Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 11-28-2013, 11:51 PM

george007 is on a distinguished road

Oh, not again!
First the 60s and now the 80s? I'm really fed up with these spin-off albums like UEDS and 5. I mean, they weren't bad music at all, but why can't she make a mainstream pop album like the first two? And she already knows that such albums aren't much appreciated by the public, but keeps doing the same thing over and over again.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:35 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
till now, this has nothing to do with Sony... soo...
Well I liked the fact though things weren't looking promising at all after the album came out, they stuck with her and kept promoting her. I think they made mistakes, but they seemed very loyal to her.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:06 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by george007 View Post
Oh, not again!
First the 60s and now the 80s? I'm really fed up with these spin-off albums like UEDS and 5. I mean, they weren't bad music at all, but why can't she make a mainstream pop album like the first two? And she already knows that such albums aren't much appreciated by the public, but keeps doing the same thing over and over again.
Could you expand on this point because I'm not sure I even know what that means any more? When I scan a range of internet radio stations from around europe the majority of them seem to play what they call "top 40". Is that what you would classify as "mainstream pop"?

I would agree that UEDS had a very specific electro 'feel' to it and although it wasn't very popular I actually really liked it and I think it was something that she really wanted to do regardless of any other considerations. You also have to factor in that Alizee really is her own person and she will go her own way rather than suck up to the demands of 'fashion' in the music industry. That is yet another one of her admirable qualities in my opinion.

As for '5' again, I would agree that there were a couple of songs on there that had a 60s feel (which I like) but I wouldn't say that the entire album was 60s.

Whatever happens with this next album, as long as she can get it out quickly enough, it should get quite a bit of exposure on the back of her recent success in DALS and the subsequent media exposure she is currently 'enjoying'. (I put enjoying in inverted commas because I was tempted to say 'enduring')
Old 11-29-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Could you expand on this point because I'm not sure I even know what that means any more? When I scan a range of internet radio stations from around europe the majority of them seem to play what they call "top 40". Is that what you would classify as "mainstream pop"?

I would agree that UEDS had a very specific electro 'feel' to it and although it wasn't very popular I actually really liked it and I think it was something that she really wanted to do regardless of any other considerations. You also have to factor in that Alizee really is her own person and she will go her own way rather than suck up to the demands of 'fashion' in the music industry. That is yet another one of her admirable qualities in my opinion.

As for '5' again, I would agree that there were a couple of songs on there that had a 60s feel (which I like) but I wouldn't say that the entire album was 60s.

Whatever happens with this next album, as long as she can get it out quickly enough, it should get quite a bit of exposure on the back of her recent success in DALS and the subsequent media exposure she is currently 'enjoying'. (I put enjoying in inverted commas because I was tempted to say 'enduring')
Yeah, you were right about what I meant by "mainstream pop". Actually I really liked UEDS and 5 both (more than Psych), but I was hoping that the new album would be somewhat different from previous ones. So I can't tell right away whether I'm going to like the new album or not without listening to it. But I was disappointed to hear that this album also is gonna be a retro one.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:37 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh, not again!
it will be not a 80s album

Old 11-29-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
it will be not a 80s album
It's good to hear that. I was worried there for a moment.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:09 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

I wonder which way (music style-wise) that she will go with the new album, and if this latest boost in her career and personal esteem will affect it. I am sure it will be good whatever it will be.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
First the 60s and now the 80s?
Wasn't it the other way round?

UEDS is 80's, and 5 is 60's

Album 6 - Pop variety
Old 12-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Wasn't it the other way round?

UEDS is 80's, and 5 is 60's

Album 6 - Pop variety

60's , then 80's ... then she'll hopefully come back to the 2000s Gourmandises !

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 02-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
60's , then 80's ... then she'll hopefully come back to the 2000s Gourmandises !
Amen.. she's filled with secrets.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur