Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2009, 05:31 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Alright, having figured out some logistics here, I'd like to present some options to the group. As I see it, there's four different ways we can structure this...
Well, if you could assume that everyone knows exactly what their rankings are for each song, it logically only requires 9 votes and which two you match up is irrelevant because each person would already know which one he prefers more.

So, for example, if ML beats LOT, then we give LOT a chance against G and LOT wins, then it goes against ML again. Why would anyone change their vote here? ML would win again. So, the problem would be if you would say that G is better than ML even though it's not better than LOT, but ML is better than LOT. That's very indecisive.

I'll just say that when playing football, for example, it does not work the same because each game played is different. The rankings are based on a competition not a predetermined vote. The songs never change. It's not like we have several performances of each song that we are comparing. Now, if she had performed each of her songs several times during concerts and whatnot, then it would be a bit more interesting. We do have performances and remixes, but only of certain songs.

If one compared a whole group of performances with different songs, one might even have a favorite performance and have them all ranked up, but in choosing which song is best one would have to choose performances of that song more often than any other. So, while a particular performance of JEAM might be your all time favorite, there could be more performances of JPVA that are better than some of the performances of JEAM and JPVA could come out as the ultimate winner. Again, I don't know if we really have enough Alizée performances to do a competition of that sort.

But anyway, I'm open to any style that the group decides on.

Merci Fanny

Tags
aam chat party, gourmandises, podcast, thunderdome