Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
Okay..? I don't get if you agree, bash my argument or state your own opinion completely un-biased from mine.

Anyhow, taking the drumsticks and making them into metaphorical "wands" seems a bit far-fetched. I think it's more to show that she's just random and wants to have fun, not to mention she's adorable when she does it.
Sorry Naft, maybe my previous comment was a bit cryptic.

There are two related topics here:

- Was the concept of JPVA based on the Tinker Bell character and the Peter Pan story?
People can judge for themselves based on what has been posted so far.

- Who provided exactly what regarding this concept (original idea, lyrics, choreography...)?
I have reasons to believe that LB is behind this whole concept and that the other people involved (Alizée, MF, choreographer...) just added to the original idea. For now, suffice to say that I believe this because I approach the subject from a different angle that most people here would not understand or even want to know about.

In a nutshell, that is what I meant to say.

As for the drumsticks being an analogy for wands, I am aware of the fact that this is pushing the concept a little too far for most, but again, there is nothing really mind shattering about this if you see the Alizée "concept" the way that I see it.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post

- Was the concept of JPVA based on the Tinker Bell character and the Peter Pan story?

- Who provided exactly what regarding this concept (original idea, lyrics, choreography...)?
I have reasons to believe that LB is behind this whole concept and that the other people involved (Alizée, MF, choreographer...) just added to the original idea. For now, suffice to say that I believe this because I approach the subject from a different angle that most people here would not understand or even want to know about.

In a nutshell, that is what I meant to say.

As for the drumsticks being an analogy for wands, I am aware of the fact that this is pushing the concept a little too far for most, but again, there is nothing really mind shattering about this if you see the Alizée "concept" the way that I see it.

Yes my point exactly!

I might not look at it the same way as you do, but I still think the drum sticks are just that.. drumsticks.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:49 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Very interesting angle here Corsaire. I like the JPVA choreography except for the bend-over. I believe you have come up with a notion that may be quite on track.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It is well known that Alizée has a Tinker Bell tattoo on her back and that she has mentioned that this character is really important in her life...

And does this famous Tinker Bell pose remind you of something else from JPVA?

Most here will have already guessed, but here is the JPVA version:

Yeah this and the bending over scenes of the JPVA dance could well be a Tinker Bell thing or maybe just a coincidence. Well spotted if it's the case but Alizée will probably never say unless she's asked.

You know when she used to stick her tongue out in interviews.. I thought she was just being playful and cute ( well she was ) but I heard that was a Tinker Bell thing too.

Well here's a little thing.. I sent this Tinker Bell figurine as a gift to Alizée years ago. Well it's kinda funny because it reminds me of the part in the JEAM dance where she's dancing on the spot flicking her hands in the air.

Check out from around 1:56 of this vid.. Alizée does it few times throughout the performance but you still might wanna pause it.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k5hXhKIjDOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 02-25-2011, 01:05 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Corsaire I think that your theory is very plausible and that LB may have developed the whole concept with the understanding of Alizee's obcession for tinkerbell. In other words she may have given him the idea so to speak. The drumsticks is a little far fetched, however the symbolism is intreaging. Alizee has said in an interview that she wanted to learn to play the drums and could have been added during a drum lesson or just playing around on them on set as well and it was taped. Kudo's for a very interesting thread. I like the way you think.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

This is really interesting, good eye Corsaire!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 02-25-2011, 01:15 AM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Quote:

in my opinion I wouldnt say based but more inspired by, but this is some very good stuff you got going here!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Giving Docdtv a run for his money, eh?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:20 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Tink and pink

<table><tr><td></td><td>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Giving Docdtv a run for his money, eh?
I think he enjoys when folks try to discover new things about Alizée. A propos of this thread, (cf. Alex busted), one should be reminded that no one has a more erotic heritage than Tinkerbell herself. See:

<big><big>Sex symbolism,
biomimetic and not:</big></big>
The secret "shame" of Tinkerbell

You likely will never again celebrate Saint-Valentine quite the same way! And should you want to read my analysis of JPVA itself, demand the publication of the post too provocative for Alizée America titled But what if I'm late?</td></tr></table>
Old 02-25-2011, 01:44 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the comments. Here are a few further thoughts...

The point of this thread was to show that the concept of JPVA was based on Tinker Bell and the Peter Pan story. When I found the Tinker Bell hidden in plain sight in the JPVA video, I was ecstatic because it was a confirmation of many of my deep convictions and it did fit perfectly with the conclusions that I drew from some previous research I did. This being said, I only decided to share this information because it might be interesting for people to know the concept is there, but I would not want anyone to get the impression that this is all about good innocent fun. I decided to present my findings regarding this specific point, but I realize now that I must also share the fact that there is a dark side and profound implications to all of this. There are recurrent themes in all mass oriented products and the vast majority of people don’t know about it. There are reasons why the Tinker Bell was central to the Alizée “concept”. I will not elaborate on this on AAm forums (at least not for now) because I suppose not many members are knowledgeable enough of these topics and probably too many are too vulnerable, emotionally speaking (too big of a fan), to discuss this in a meaningful manner. This is not to be overcritical of the AAm crowd, it is just a reality that has to be acknowledged.

As for the drumstick/wand analogy, it is expected that it will not be easily accepted here because it does take something away from the image of an Alizée having some good old random fun while shooting a video. But, as I said a few times already, I believe people give way too much credit to Alizée or MF concerning their image and the way they acted during their career. Sometimes, what it looks like is not what it is. Also, what an artist says in interviews is an intrinsic part of the product and one has to analyse all information critically.

The drumstick/wand analogy is what confirms the whole Alizée/Tinker Bell concept. I thought of it only afterwards because it is not obvious in itself, but once one is aware of what is at the foundation of the JPVA concept, there is no questioning that the drumsticks are exactly what I said they were; they are wands. The first time Alizée uses the "wands" it is evident that the “fairy dust” is sprinkled on the whole set and that in itself is symbolic of what this whole concept is about. And BTW, the “bell” sounds are also symbolic as this used to be the sound Tinker Bell would make while she spoke/moved.

In the JPVA video, Alizée/Tinker Bell is basically “taking the audience along”. I hope you guys are enjoying the ride!

Last edited by Corsaire; 04-12-2013 at 01:53 PM..