Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yelle has been doing just fine in the US singing in French. So it is possible. Now her name isn't a household word at this point, and I can't speak for Yelle herself (or the band), but my guess is she is quite happy with the reception she has gotten so far. And maybe she feels it's worthwhile, or why else would she be doing another tour.

There are many degrees of success that are valuable, meaningful and worthwhile that don't necessarily require one to be as well known as Britney or Lady Gaga. Alizée could probably still achieve a limited, but worthwhile degree of success in English speaking countries.

Early on, Alizée may have feared success in the US, but now I think maybe she fears failure. If she can't get things going in France, venturing out into a large, English speaking country may seem like madness. But at least one French fan pointed out that if Alizée at least earned some credibility in the US, it may help her back at home. I'm not sure if this would be the case, but I take his word for it.

I know, it's a lot of "maybes" and "what ifs"...
Old 02-26-2011, 06:01 PM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I know, it's a lot of "maybes" and "what ifs"...
But theres gotta be times when you take risks
Old 02-26-2011, 06:59 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
I strongly believe that Alizee has the talent to 'make it' in any part of the world she wants to.
Unfortunately being a success means hard work and an enormous amount of effort.
I see no signs of that happening, but always hope and wish that things will change.
We see from her early career that she is capable of very hard work. She kept up a very busy schedule of performances, traveling and interviews, not to mention all the practicing it must have taken to dance as well as she did,but two things have changed since then. Appearing on stage was the main love of her life and she had someone driving her, who I assume was Mylene Farmer.

Now she needs someone else to drive her. As far as the love of her life, that has been replaced by her new family but now that her career is in trouble, can that fact maybe raise the importance of her second love to the point where she will give it the attention it needs to have meaningful success?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-26-2011 at 07:04 PM..
Old 02-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I can't speak for Yelle herself (or the band), but my guess is she is quite happy with the reception she has gotten so far. And maybe she feels it's worthwhile, or why else would she be doing another tour.
I don't know if you guys know this or not, but since Yelle toured over in the US, she caught the eye of Katy Perry and Yelle is opening for Katy Perry for her UK Shows.

Same could of happened to Alizee, you need to get your feet...
Old 02-27-2011, 12:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
I don't know if you guys know this or not, but since Yelle toured over in the US, she caught the eye of Katy Perry and Yelle is opening for Katy Perry for her UK Shows.

Same could of happened to Alizee, you need to get your feet...
Actually I did know that, and I don't know why I didn't think of mentioning it in my post, because it's more proof that taking a chance by playing in the US can reap worthwhile rewards.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:04 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Okay, I'm quoting myself again, but it pertains. As I said in that other thread a few days ago, in moderate agreement with Scruffy, MonMaquis, and others demanding more Alizée output...

"To reboot this career, she'll need an expert manager. Someone who would demand commitment. Someone who would be able to pull her away from her happy, idyllic lifestyle, and make her do more recordings, tv spots, concerts, appearances, traveling, interviews, and work, work, work, work and work!

I suspect she's not in a big hurry to hire this person. "
Old 02-27-2011, 02:46 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Question Alizée sighting in US mass media

I have not consumed a lot of US broadcast media in the last twenty years, but I do indeed recall one occasion when Alizée was mentioned on the air. This was on Attack of the Show!, a program about contemporary young adult mass-media culture. It premiered in early 2005 and I stopped watching it in late 2008, so that brackets the mention of Alizee. I suspect the mention was made in late 2006, by which time the massive expansion of YouTube had made Alizée known to many Internet users here in the States.

The reference made to Alizée was for her physical beauty, not her singing or other strengths.

Have you ever encountered Alizée in the broadcast media of your country in the latter part of the decade just ended?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:38 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

She needs to work on either getting her career back in France or completely forget about it and try for the US.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
Have you ever encountered Alizée in the broadcast media of your country in the latter part of the decade just ended?
I did in the early part of the last decade. I have told this story a few times before in various threads, but I saw a news magazine type show on network TV that was discussing the subject, "Are teens growing up too fast", or something to that effect. They mentioned the issue was also of concern in Europe, and then they showed a segment of Alizée's video, "Parler tout bas", and talked about it for a bit. I was mesmerized by Alizée's voice and the imagery of the video. I was determined to find out more about her the next day, but like an idiot, I forgot her name! I didn't actually find out more about her until 2006 when I found her JEAM video. I didn't recognize her immediately because 5 years had gone by and she had changed a bit. Searching for more, I found PTB, and the rest, as they say, is history. I have yet to hear of any other US fan who saw that same show I did.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:36 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Something I posted in another thread but also relevant here...

Yelle's also supporting Katy Perry on her tour in the UK... I think that if Alizée had someone really established in the music industry promote her then it would do wonders for her international career in English speaking countries. I know a British singer who's relatively well-known in the UK (and USA I think?) called Marina and the Diamonds who has said on several occasions that she's an Alizée fan in interviews and tweeted the Moi... Lolita music video to her 70 000 odd followers.

^^Lili could do with some more of that... it does work... as proven by the case of Yelle