Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-23-2008, 02:28 PM

Alizee=Czech-Princess! is on a distinguished road

Regardless of the way they played, they must have been strong to pull out such a fantastic UEFA Cup run, it was a tough competition this year. Although I must say St Petersburg fully deserve their crown =) either way, the way in which Zarate makes a Premiership defence look as good as that of Derby County is a clear sign of the talents the boy has. I'm just gutted he wont be back at Birmingham next year =(
xx
Old 05-23-2008, 03:33 PM

mibir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
Back when I had Fox Sports World I watched alot of the Argentine league, and I just gotta say that it is has the most exciting games I've ever seen. The field is always covered with streamers, the crowd goes absolutely insane on goals, confetti flies everywhere, flares and smoke bombs go off all over the stadium, and the announcers are just awesome. The way the sport is supposed to be.
I completely agree with you. FSC doesn't show too many Argentine games but if I see one is on I ALWAYS sit down to watch it. They are incredibly exciting and have yet to disappoint me.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:34 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

The Argentines don't so much show up to watch a game, they show up to party and a game happens.

I'm really interested to see how we perform against their national team in a few weeks.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:26 AM
euuuhhhhh

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a7k2L6c7XXk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a7k2L6c7XXk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 05-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Alizée pour la vie

forgot_86 is on a distinguished road

I have my favorite in every league

EPL: Man U and Liverpool (because of Ronaldo & Torres particularly)
Bundesliga: Bayern Munich
Serie A: AC Milan
La Liga: Barcelona

As for this coming Euro, I used to support Spain. But now I'm all for France! (Alizée has something to do with it)

The most least that I watch is Bundesliga, don't have time to watch all four leagues together, unfortunately
Old 05-25-2008, 08:47 PM
euuuhhhhh

I'm all about some Torres, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgot_86 View Post
I have my favorite in every league

EPL: Man U and Liverpool (because of Ronaldo & Torres particularly)
Is that legal?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Perfecting tmesis

Par mon paupieres is on a distinguished road

As I make my living as a football writer I've really been enjoying this thread.

It's always good to hear from fans from different parts of the world and how they've chosen which teams to support.I see that the English Premier League still seems to be the most popular outside of Europe and with the quality of players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Torres I'm not surprised.

As for my own team , sadly they went out of business in 2002.They were called Clydebank and while they have reformed at amateur level I still miss having a pro team to support.

I still like and admire any teams who try to play football the right way such as Man Utd , Barca etc. but most of the time I have to try and remain impartial.

As for the Euro's , pretty close to call but probably Germany given their decent group draw.France , Italy and Portugal should do well too.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Perfecting tmesis

Par mon paupieres is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee=Czech-Princess! View Post
SK Slavia Prague & Birmingham City do it for me!
Slavia have just lifted the Czech Title, and Birmingham were relegated!

Euro 2008 - Czech Republic or Spain FTW!
Yes.Congrats to Slavia , about time someone put Sparta in their place ! Tell me something , did Smicer play much or is he still suffering with injuries ?

Bad luck for Birmingham though.For all they did for Scotland I was really disappointed for McLeish and Faddy !
Old 05-27-2008, 03:56 PM
euuuhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par mon paupieres View Post
As I make my living as a football writer I've really been enjoying this thread.

It's always good to hear from fans from different parts of the world and how they've chosen which teams to support.I see that the English Premier League still seems to be the most popular outside of Europe and with the quality of players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Torres I'm not surprised.
MLS and EPL are the most accessible to me, which is why I follow them the most. I watch whatever I can whenever I can, though- I've become addicted to the beautiful game.

MLS may not be le sexy football, but its our trashy league and I'll support it, dammit!
Old 05-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
MLS may not be le sexy football, but its our trashy league and I'll support it, dammit!
Yeah, MLS is quite trashy compared to the other leagues. And it's about as opposite as you can get from the smooth free flowing style in South America.

It is similar to the NFL in alot of ways...more physical with alot of stop and go action, which leads to less variety and more loose 50/50 ball conflicts.

You can really tell the difference for instance when Beckham is on the field. As soon as he touches the ball the flow of the game changes and for a few seconds it doesn't look like typical MLS. He is a pure genius with the ball.