Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-09-2010, 02:44 AM

MarkL is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee is Amazing

Well, about two weeks ago, I rediscovered Alizee, I had remembered her from the WoW fance and the Coldplay issue but never really listened to her, but then I decided to revisit it and listen to it again. I was completely taken aback, her voice is amazing, her dances are attractive yet innocent, and she is probably one of the most amazing looking women out there.

Well, I started out returning to the classic J'en ai marre, and then discovered moi lollita and a few others. I love those few songs, so my first question to you people since you know her music better than me...what other songs would I really enjoy by her.

Next, I'm not sure if you guys have this but I'm actually obsessed with Alizee. I show her music to all my friends and they just stare at me because I am a hard rock metal music fan but her songs are just... I have listened to her songs at least for 2-3 hours a day every day, and I get the same smile and feeling inside every time I listen to her. As I post this I'm listening to her music.

Alizee has made me want to learn French, I live in Canada so I have basic French, I now really want to go to France and see her in concert and meet her, she seems like the nicest person every from interviews and clips of her that I have seen.

Now the fun stuff begins, I guess I'll share some of my major obsession actions with her because maybe some of you can agree with me. Whenever my phone rings long distance, I rush to get it because a part of me thinks its Alizee calling to give me tickets to a concert because of how much I have listened to her music. Although I am disapointed by telemarketers every time. When I showed my friend a video of her, he called her a slut and I threw him to the ground and starting punching him yelling at him never to say stuff like that again. Along with that, I need to have my Ipod on me at all times full of Alizee music because without it, I go crazy, frustrated quick to anger all the stuff like that. Alizee has completely changed my life for the better to! So I just thought I'd post this as well as introduce myself as I am new to the forums.

I hope to share in many more great memories of Alizee with you guys, I missed too much from looking at this forum. And any help on an Alizee addiction?

I've got a fever...and the only prescription is more Alizee.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:17 AM

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the club LOL there is no cure for the Alizée addiction I know how ya feel when it comes to telling friends about Alizée although with me its a lil different because my friends happen to be metal heads when I bring up Alizee its like I'm talking to a bunch brick walls LOL. I myself was and still is into old school thrash Metal. I use To be a lil somewhat narrow minded when it came to other kinds of music but I think Alizée has changed that about me. How it all started for me was in the summer of 2007 when I stumbled across Alizée on youtube and since then I have been a big fan . well from what I have read you have listened to "Moi Lolita" and "J'en ai marre" I recommend if you haven't already to check out her new album!! "Une Enfant du Siècle" my top 3 faves I would recommend for you to listen to on that album would be "Limelight" "Les Collines" and "Factory Girl" very mesmerizing songs. Welcome to AAM MarkL!!!

Last edited by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES; 08-09-2010 at 04:46 AM..
Old 08-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, MarkL.

The first thing I have to say in regards to song reccommendations is, if you haven't listened to every album all the way through, you have to! Rarely is there a track that isn't great.

Now, are you aware of her newest album that was released earlier this year? The album is called Une Enfant du Siècle. It's a different style of music than her previous albums. Some people love it, other people not so much. Either way, listen to it. I can say personally, it was a liiittle bit dissapointing at first, but the songs have grown on me. I'm listenening to the the album right now. You should buy it, if you can. Alizée isn't selling as many records as she used to. Don't read too much about that if you don't feel like getting really bummed out.

In short, listen to all her songs! But for right now, this:

Oh, and good job beating up your friend.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:29 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forums Mark! New Alizée fans are always welcomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
Well, I started out returning to the classic J'en ai marre, and then discovered moi lollita and a few others. I love those few songs, so my first question to you people since you know her music better than me...what other songs would I really enjoy by her.
I'll get you started with my three favorite songs from her first three albums: L'Alize from Gourmandises, J'ai Pas Vingt Ans from Mes Courants Electriques, and Fifty-Sixty from Psychédélices.

L'Alize
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rrVrSCxpQBs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rrVrSCxpQBs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

J'ai Pas Vingt Ans
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v1mbeynfR5A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v1mbeynfR5A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Fifty-Sixty
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/29l7UeClwSY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/29l7UeClwSY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

And also, the performance that completely made me fall in love with her.
Note: This is a cover of France Gall's "Ella, elle l'a."
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ik5Nh94v7EQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ik5Nh94v7EQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Practically everyone in this forum has experienced what you are going through, and as you already mentioned the only cure is more Alizée!
Enjoy your stay, once again, welcome.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

First of all... Welcome aboard!

I can certainly understand the effect she has on people... I do find your pummeling of your "friend" just a *tiny* smidgeon over the top... Maybe a good slap and challenge to duel at dawn would have been more appropriate!

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428 is where I expressed my amazement and confusion over what was happening to me. You might recognize a bit of yourself there...

She has two "recent" albums out, both very different from the Gourmandes & MCE albums.

Just enjoy the ride, it will be fun.

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 08-09-2010, 04:10 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...Next, I'm not sure if you guys have this but I'm actually obsessed with Alizee. I show her music to all my friends and they just stare at me because I am a hard rock metal music fan but her songs are just... I have listened to her songs at least for 2-3 hours a day every day, and I get the same smile and feeling inside every time I listen to her. As I post this I'm listening to her music.

Alizee has made me want to learn French, I live in Canada so I have basic French, I now really want to go to France and see her in concert and meet her, she seems like the nicest person every from interviews and clips of her that I have seen.

... When I showed my friend a video of her, he called her a slut and I threw him to the ground and starting punching him yelling at him never to say stuff like that again. Along with that, I need to have my Ipod on me at all times full of Alizee music because without it, I go crazy, frustrated quick to anger all the stuff like that. Alizee has completely changed my life for the better to! So I just thought I'd post this as well as introduce myself as I am new to the forums.

I hope to share in many more great memories of Alizee with you guys, I missed too much from looking at this forum. And any help on an Alizee addiction?

Welcome to AA MarkL.

Many people here have experienced the same addictive reaction you have. Just don't expect your friends to have the same reaction - it doesn't work that way.

By the way, Alizée tends to ignore stupid comments made by people. I don't think she would like to hear that you ended up in a fight over some stupid comment someone made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Welcome to the forum, MarkL.
...Oh, and good job beating up your friend.

* facepalm *
Old 08-09-2010, 04:21 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Don't take my comment too seriously, Rev. I wouldn't want you to think that I applaud violence.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:14 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the Cult.

It has happened to all of us. And like you the people around me feel the same way as your experienced with your friends. They just don't get why I'm so infatuated with this women. What amazes me is how many guys I've run across on the Internet that are so shy about admitting they are fans of Alizée. They think they are the only guy that has a thing for her.

What really opened my eyes up to her fan base was the number of guys in their 40's, 50's and even 60's that are fans of her.

This was the video that introduced me to Alizée. Made 10 days before Jeremy came into her life.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ivWjW_wgb2g&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ivWjW_wgb2g&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 08-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Welcom to the fourms, we all have been in the same spot as you. Telling how friends about her and they could only careless or they could make fun of you or her. They don't understand though, they are always stuck in one music genre. I use to be the same way about music didn't want to be open minded like some people in the fourms.

Anyways some songs that I would recomend are-

1. All her songs from Psychédélices
2. All her songs from Une enfant de siècle
3. Parler Tout Bas from Gourmandsies
4. Hey Amigo from MEC( Mes courants électriques)
5. Youpidou from MEC
6. J'ai pas vingt ans from MEC
7.Veni Vedi Vici from Gourmandises

Those are some very good songs by her and some of my all time favorites.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 08-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, about two weeks ago, I rediscovered Alizee,

what other songs would I really enjoy by her.

Next, I'm not sure if you guys have this but I'm actually obsessed with Alizee.

When I showed my friend a video of her, he called her a slut and I threw him to the ground and starting punching him yelling at him never to say stuff like that again. Along with that, I need to have my Ipod on me at all times full of Alizee music because without it, I go crazy, frustrated quick to anger all the stuff like that. Alizee has completely changed my life for the better to! So I just thought I'd post this as well as introduce myself as I am new to the forums.

Welcome my yng fellow fan...
First thing is many who were not listeners of her style of music after being experienced like yourself then becoming obsessed.
Second with that in mind perhaps these friends of yours that you introduce to Alizee will eventually be turned onto her music thanks to you.Do not let others influence your choices unless it is for your own good.
Third thing is you say she changed you for the better but as said above quick to anger and violence i am sure lil mis Alizee would not approve or agree . Not to say there having her in your life will not change it for the best.
Recently in a similar topic by Rictor i writ there is no cure for love only help can be unconditional acceptance,also in that topic was a train of thought to think before you do not so nice things perhaps to think to yourself " What would Alizee do " or think about me doing this?

As far as songs go that is really up to each individual,
i can tell you the real answer for me is every song is
great i really do not ever hear her songs i do not like .
She really is that good -
One of my favorites is the JPVA remix by Benny Bennasi -