Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Articles and Blog

Old 06-09-2018, 11:32 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road
Default My Daily Blog :)

Well... I wanted to start this personal blog cause i feel free to talk whatever i want to.... So lets start! (Sorry for the typos i'm not english native)

Today was a good day actually, i started the second level of my french courses (2 out of 17 lol), i'm used to listen to Toc de Mac before i start with the day officially and it really motivates me. Talking about the french class, during the mean time i talked with my new teacher and she asked me "What do you do to learn french?" and answered "well... I always listen to a French singer called Alizée" and then i showed her one Alizée's song because i wanted to know if she recognize her and my teacher's expression was like "i know who's her and i'm impressed that you listen to her music!" but i don't really know if she knows Alizée or not. The class finished okay but i still prefer my first level teacher haha.

By the way, today i friend asked me how can i always listen to Alizée without getting tired and i didn't know how to answer, the reason is probably Alizée is the kind of singer i always wanted to listen to, her music is my musical taste in a nutshell, Mes Courants Electriques for me is the best album i've ever listened to because it's energizing and combines a lot of instruments at the same time (the case of Toc de Mac), every song is completely different to the other, coeur deja pris is magic and its video clips are awesome (i prefer A contre courant video cause it's like the typical musical video of those times performed in a abandoned building and i love that! <3) so... Maybe the answer is that i ALWAYS listen to Alizée cause her music match with me and she as a person seems kind and sweet! (i write this lines cause i read jessica's letters and i really loved how she described Alizée's personality <3)

finally i want to say that i love this place, it lets me connect with Alizée (the person) even though i don't contribute a lot compared to other members, but i'm okay : D

à bientôt!

(Btw i love this piano cover of Toc de Mac http://soundcloud.com/velectrody/ali...e-megalizeecom) bye bye!

Story 1 (6/9/18)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, i want to tell you guys about a story that have happened to me like 3 month ago:

first of all this is my actual collection of Alizée: http://www.dropbox.com/s/6uj9h9oluxq...24028.jpg?dl=0 (i know is pretty petit compared to other members collections)

I have a petit story with Mes courants electriques. When i bought Gourmandises my parents couldn't understand why a teenager would want a disk in 2018, back then every day before gourmandises arrived at my house my parents asked me the same thing, yeah it was pretty annoying, then they stopped days after the disc arrived but with Mes courants electriques was a bit different because when i bought it on Amazon my father didn't notice that he bought 2 copies instead one and he was suppeeeeer mad hahah, we couldn't return the second copy bought by mistake, the times passed and both arrived, i remember that day cause when i opened the box with the albums one of them was supeeeeeeeeeeeeer broken:

1.-http://www.dropbox.com/s/8r53erqzsdv...24145.jpg?dl=0

2.-http://www.dropbox.com/s/6o95x6apzql...24153.jpg?dl=0

But the other one was in pretty good conditions (the one you can see in the first link) this would sound rude but i'm happy that we bought a second copy by mistake because if the broken one arrives i would cry a lot, haha my father wants to return the broken MCE but maybe he will never do it.

this is my petit story (if my father doesn't return it by the time i'm gonna move to USA i'll grab the disk as mine haha, that's the only thing valuable there)

Last edited by Edsel Di Meo; 06-09-2018 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-10-2018, 06:43 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Your story of your dad and MCE reminded me of a story years ago concerning Aaronius (at the time who now goes by the nick name user followed by some number) who was in high school at the time. He was a young man with very good values. He would later become a mod and helped shape this forum.

At the time, I had made one of my trips to Paris. I brought home some Alizee stuff. I believe I got him an autographed album, but there was some other stuff I got that I sent him. It was either an Alizee poster or one of the ActuAlizee magazines or maybe both. Well he had very strict parents. He was hoping to be there to receive the package before his parents saw it, but unfortunately one of his parents beat him to it and they wanted to know what was in the package and who was this guy from Boston sending him a package.

Well he explained all about Alizee and me and much to his surprise his father was okay with it and he no longer had to hide his love for this beautiful Corsican woman's music.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-10-2018 at 06:46 AM..
Old 06-10-2018, 11:07 PM

Default Story 2

Well.... today was a pretty good day actually, this day was like a mountain of feelings...

It started okay, i woke up at 7 and a half and then i started to study at 9 am maybe, so everything went nice and then past midday i decided to change my android version from 8.1.1 to 7.1.1 because of yes, so i did it and then my phone wasn't getting signal (like mobile signal). I was completely disconnected from world! and i was supposed to be waiting my study group at 4pm(i have a study group for math, statistics and programming #collegelife), so i felt super stressed trying to fix my mistake and i couldn't, hopefully one of my friends has car and he picked up the other 2 people and when he arrived at my house he just beeped and i heard it. We studied until 7:30pm after that i was trying to fix but everything got worse, i almost cried because i really need my phone..... AND I FOUND THE FIX! at 9:20 pm or so, and when my phone got signal i said "i have to listen to my amorcito ) so i played gourmandises live performance and i was victorydancing like this:

http://a.fod4.com/images/GifGuide/da...kKU1qbnthu.gif

hahahaha Alizée really helped the moment! and now i believe even more i hope also today's lesson is that if you feel happy make you a favor and play Alizée!! hahah (also don't be like me and make a backup of everything before something you don't want happens)

I have my phoneeee yayyy with android 7.1.1!! (stock rom of Motorola g5s plus )

Last edited by Edsel Di Meo; 06-10-2018 at 11:13 PM..
Old 06-11-2018, 09:58 PM

Default My boring day

Hello, ca va? ca va bien aussi...

well today i have nothing interesting to tell here, today was a studying hard day cause on Monday my college schedule is pretty fucked up so i'm there the whole day, also tomorrow i have a test of a lazy ass class and i'm tired :c

My math teacher gave to the class some tests (test he did in past semesters) to study and i did one against the clock and this is my time of a 2 hours test: http://www.dropbox.com/s/09iz64xpr9c...85441.png?dl=0

also this is my actual streak of duolingo studying french, i started it the same day of my french classes:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/2km60ktkpsk...15200.png?dl=0

well... this is it i have to sleep.. bye!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:08 PM

Edsel's story of the broken cd reminded me of the autograph session for her album '5' in 2013. I was there along with Ray and I had bought roughly 80 cds for her to autograph for our members. She didn't have the time to sign them then, so I left them with Sony in Paris, while I returned to the States. So about a week later, she signed them and somebody at Sony packed them in a pretty flimsy box. Though many of the cases were cracked, the cds were unscathed.

Sony's flimsy box.jpg

As far as your phone going down, that reminded me of one of my vacations to France where I rented a car. I forgot to pack a cd of Alizee's music to listen to and was super disappointed and constantly reminded of it every time another song came on. There's something extra special about listening to her in France.

Here's a video I took on a trip. I'm a WW2 buff and I was looking for a small town called Oradour sur Glane. My gps led me astray, but at least it was a very scenic ride. Once I turned around, I stopped and talked to the woman I had passed earlier. She spoke English well and I told her the story of being led down the wrong road and I told her the story of the town I was trying to visit. I did make it there later on that afternoon.

I spent the evening in Lyon. That night was the final show of DALS when Alizee won it all and I was trying to vote on my phone. I must've voted about 200 times. It seemed to be going through but I never received a big phone bill which I was expecting because each vote I believe cost 2 or 3 euros. I think you had to have an account established already in order for your vote to count.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-12-2018 at 08:32 PM..
Old 06-12-2018, 09:13 PM

Default story 3

Bonsoir!! Je m'appelle edsel et je vais parler sur mon jour

Okay today was a good day, as always it started with Toc de mac and i can't stop thinking how a song can turn around my whole day, she makes me happy tho that's why i'm always happy and willing to listen to her music because my emotions is more than just enjoy a song is like when you for some reason feel happy and don't know why, you love that feel, well.. that's my feeling for Alizée's songs, also i love to post pictures about her on my instagram fan page because that way i can help her to promote who's her and what she did, i even made a post about this place haha.

P.S: A friend of mine has the haircut of alizée in 2004, she seems super beautiful! maybe the alizee's charm is complemented by her haircuts

P.S2: My insta page http://www.instagram.com/acausedelalizee/

Last edited by Edsel Di Meo; 06-12-2018 at 09:47 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 09:52 PM

Default My day c:

Bonsoir!

hello guys, for today i have an interesting thing to tell you guys:

First i have to say that i usually use an app to learn french is called Discord and i use this server https://discordapp.com/invite/KQwhVTk you can find me on the "beginner-french" chat so today i was there talking and someone asked me about alizée because of my profile photo, then they asked me "do you really have been listening to Alizée during 5 days?" and i was like "wat?" and then i realized that on Discord you can show the app you are using at the moment and you even can change its name, so i changed google chrome to "listening to Alizée" so this happened:

http://gyazo.com/d8ba8dcac306ae7363667a064c3484ce

hahahahaha i love it, a bunch of people have asked me if i've been listening to Alizée during 5 days

(also i've been advertising a bit this place on my instagram page cause i want this to become more active )
Old 06-14-2018, 10:47 AM

That's pretty cool Edsel!
Old 06-14-2018, 10:29 PM

Default An interesting poll

hello, bonsoir!, hola!

for today i don't have anything special, but i saw a poll by "alizee updates" instagram and these are the results:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/rrp2pyvapvf...22518.png?dl=0

my election would be:

1. Mes courants electriques
2. Gourmandises
3. Psychedelices (my favorite song is idealiser not toc de mac, even though i love toc de mac and i listen to it more than i do to idealiser)
4.- UEDS (because of soyyyyyy la candidaaaaaa)
5.- Blonde (songs like mon planeur and alcaline are good imo)
6.- 5 (well... i dont like this album haha is not my genre of music so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
Old 06-15-2018, 11:33 PM

Default Yaaaaaay

bonsoir!

well... today was a good day, i had a test and i did very well, i admit that Alizée helped cause while i was on my way to college i listened to toc de mac and it really really made my morning better....

also my insta page is growing: http://www.dropbox.com/s/rp9kg7lawc7...32800.png?dl=0

i have to say that this place helps me to learn english, i love it! Hopefully some day alizée comes around to see what's happening on here.

i'm interested everyday even more about alizée and i want to be part of this place cause i'm pretty sure is the last good forum alive so this became personal.

P.D: Jessica liked my comment on her photo about a gourmandise: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5c6f3bhbrd...33304.png?dl=0