Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Now the local mass transit will be closed tomorrow, local governments will be closed. Looks like I should expect peak winds of 30-45 mph with gusts to 60 for 36 hours or so. I think the place can handle that as long as the neighbor's tree stays up. Maybe I've got my head in the sand here, and hoping for the best. My power usually doesn't go out because all the utilities are buried in the area. I'll call my boss in the morning and see if I can stay home 'in case something happens' At least I won't have to shovel snow.

My fathers house, though, I'm worried about. It's about 10 miles from the coast, near where the landfall is expected. The wind there is forecast to be 50-60 with gusts to 75 Monday night. There are many trees there, and he's actually in the LA area visiting family. But he called and said he's arranged with neighbors to deal with catastrophe for him. But he's lived in other coastal areas on the east coast and has a great attitude about property loss, as long as no one gets hurt.

I wish the best for anyone affected by the storm.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:12 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Old 10-30-2012, 01:39 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Ray4AJ - hmm, damn you - there are no PRISCILLA songs, LOL - you need to expand your French...
Old 10-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I cant get in touch with my parents and brother on Staten Island; I have been trying all day. I think the phone-lines are down and im pretty sure they are ok since they weren't in the evacuation zone but still ide be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 10-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I cant get in touch with my parents and brother on Staten Island; I have been trying all day. I think the phone-lines are down and im pretty sure they are ok since they weren't in the evacuation zone but still ide be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried!
When there was a widespread power outage in my area a few months ago, the duration of the outages caused the backup power to comm systems to run out, and even text messages wouldn't go through. So it's very likely that the systems aren't fully operational right now if you can't reach them. Give it some time, hopefully everything is okay.

edit - We got very lucky in my area this time. The intensity and duration was lower than forecast. I still slept in the basement though to get away from the mean old oak tree, which remained standing but it's days are now numbered.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
Ray4AJ - hmm, damn you - there are no PRISCILLA songs, LOL - you need to expand your French...

Haha! I've never been a music person. I'd hear things I liked and sometimes I'd buy the CD but not very often. I've never concerned myself with an artist or group before. I wasn't looking for Alizée but am so happy to have found out about her. I'm not allowed to listen to anyone else right now. And I don't want to so it's all good.

please don't automerge....

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 10-30-2012 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-30-2012, 08:58 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

RAJ4AJ - that cool, I came into contact with Alizee in much the same way, and never having had a "personal favorite" - now I seem to judge all singers, mostly females to Alizee. She has the perfect Voice. Because of Allizee I completelyy changed my preference in singers. They all must match up, but all are unique. I am pretty sure everyone here has seen me mention who I like, so wont repeat names, but put it this way; they all have that ALIZEE EFFECT (Voice, Beauty, Language, Talent, and Personality)

But...Alizee's main Rival is none other than Priscilla - same style, same language, and both are Super Sexy.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
When there was a widespread power outage in my area a few months ago, the duration of the outages caused the backup power to comm systems to run out, and even text messages wouldn't go through. So it's very likely that the systems aren't fully operational right now if you can't reach them. Give it some time, hopefully everything is okay.
Its has been all day man since 9am and still no word from them. I have called the house, my mom's cell, my dad's cell, and my brother's and still nothing. I have an exam tomorrow and I cant even study because my mind is running wild with crazy ideas. Mehh I know they're probably ok but this 12 hour window is driving me crazy!

Old 10-30-2012, 10:21 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

FRA if you didn't know cell service is down across NYC. With the mess they have to deal with it's going to be at least seven to ten days before most of the services are back on line.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
FRA if you didn't know cell service is down across NYC. With the mess they have to deal with it's going to be at least seven to ten days before most of the services are back on line.
From what I herd from my friends back home it isnt down ... just bad service and some places never lost power.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Mr. Mike

This is near my home on SI .. I still haven't heard from my parents and only got a brief text from my brother.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...6pLid%3D228273