Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-21-2014, 03:21 PM

george007 is on a distinguished road

Well the song is catchy, but I find a slightly noticeable mismatch of the rhythms in the "Blonde" repetition part and the rest of the song. It sounds like a cut and paste from a totally different song.
BTW does anybody know the lyrics or the meaning of this song?
Old 03-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by george007 View Post
BTW does anybody know the lyrics or the meaning of this song?
Here you go george007.. Jacotey posted a link earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey View Post
RMJ did "Blonde" translation. Here you go, Stephen

http://www.alizeeart.com/lyrics-and-...single-blonde/

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 03-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
You must have missed my earlier post.
Thanks for thinking about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Still can't play it in my country.
This was my way of expressing my frustration without getting into a rant about a few things.

I don't understand once again (like with the early days of ACDLA) why there are no official ways to hear the new single in the US while it seems to be accessible everywhere else in the world.

I don't understand once again why the new single isn't offered for sale in the US while it seems to be offered everywhere else in the world.

I don't understand why fans upload the audio to YouTube on their own channels rather than (as many fans do) just sharing the link to the Vevo video. Is this supposed to be helping Alizée? But since I see this happen so much, it makes me think I'm wrong to think the way I do about it, so I try to move past it and let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
You know, that ACDLA video is STILL not viewable here, but the official clip is, and all the other '5' pseudo clips are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
And of course it's not on Amazon here yet either.

------

I happened to wake up around 3:30 Tuesday morning and I did hear the 'Blonde' debut live via the France Radio app. And I've been able to hear it since then thanks to well-meaning fans in a certain country where details like copyright don't seem to matter. Still, I want to BUY the song and support Alizée and her efforts.

As for the song itself, I'm ok with it. She said at the beginning of DALS that she hoped to find a new audience via the show, and while she did pick up many admirers in France, it remains to be seen if they become fans of her music. She's also mentioned in the past about how popular her music is among illegal downloads and perhaps she hopes the new audience will treat her better than the former audience.

I've read on several forums talk about artistic and commercial and mainstream. I don't know anything about that stuff. I know she's never written or composed a song, but I support all her efforts and wish she has as much success as she hopes for.

It's still early in the promo, I'm just sitting back and hoping for the best.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:01 PM

george007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Here you go george007.. Jacotey posted a link earlier.
Thanks Un-rêve and Jacotey
Old 03-21-2014, 09:23 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Is that Annily saying "Alizee!" in the bridge? It sounds like a young girl.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:53 PM

LXND3R is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I was thinking the same thing! That's be awesome if Lili got her to be in the single
Old 03-21-2014, 10:19 PM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
It's her, Alizee confirmed that in one of the radio interviews
Old 03-21-2014, 10:31 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

That's so cute!
Old 03-22-2014, 01:35 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Translation:

For the new clip of Alizee, we seek several profiles from 17 to 28 years:

- Extras
- Actresses
- Dancers

Filming will take place on April 12 in Paris indoors
Paid between 80 and 100 € per day (Declared)

If you are interested reply by email, attaching two photos (face and body)
UPDATE

Du 20/03/2014 au 10/04/2014
Figurantes, actrices et danseuse de 18 à 28 ans pour clip d'une célèbre chanteuse

Pour le nouveau clip d'une célèbre chanteuse, nous cherchons plusieurs profils :

- Figurantes
- Comédiennes
- Danseuse

Le tournage aura lieu le 12 Avril à Paris.
Payé entre 80 et 100 € la journée ( Déclaré)

Si vous êtes intéressé répondez par mail, en joignant deux photos (corps et visage)

They took Alizée's name off the casting call.
I'm guessing to decrease the number of fans that are apt to show up at the shooting.

Last edited by Rev; 03-22-2014 at 01:39 AM..
Old 03-22-2014, 06:09 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Since getting back from Europe, I've listened to the song numerous times to get a better feel of why I don't like the chorus section. I did have a knee jerk reaction to it when I first heard it and also to her blonde hair.

I think the main reason I don't like it is mainly because of how the word blonde sounds. I think one of MF's best abilities was to choose lyrics that sounded good. Amelie was used numerous times in the chorus of Amelie, but it sounded beautiful when Alizee sang it. This chorus just doesn't sound that good to me and as I said before, she needs a couple of songs wiith this album that can make it into the top ten or pretty close to it.

If you look at her songs that became singles, they all had good choruses. It's so important because a chorus section usually get's used 2 or 3 times in a song. The rest of the song isn't bad, kind of catchy, but I still don't think it has what it takes and one of the reasons for that is that it seems like the French public is not an easy sell and that seems even more so for a French singer.

A good video could help this song out quite a bit, but I don't think it will be enough.

She needss notibly better on the secnod song that will be released for this album. Of course, there could be some sleeper songs on the album the way PLP was for Psych, but by the time they realized it, it was too late, plus this was a song, that should have had a video along with it.

The one thing I really don't know how to gage is the new fans she gained with DALS. How many fans did she gain? Are they fans of just the dancing Alizee or will they be fans of her music too, which I think would be the case. Will they be a tough sell for her, or fans like us who will buy her albums even if they're not top notch? Time will tell I guess. Maybe it will be enough to turn the tide.

As far as her not wanting commercial success. I believe the target number for "5" was 15,000. That certainly doesn't sound like and overly ambitious or greedy number for Sony to ask for especially if you consider the cost of the musicians, song writers and others they provided for producing the album, plus they must have put a lot into promoting her and as I've said before, if she's not interested in commercial success, she shouldn't be working with a company like Sony.