Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-07-2010, 11:08 PM

Brent is on a distinguished road

nah, the point is i don't have to. because i'm not in front of the woman. and if i were talking about a woman i really knew she wouldnt even know of this conversation.

obviously men have mental and physical attractions. but we dont know her so why talk about the mental part.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
nah, the point is i don't have to. because i'm not in front of the woman. and if i were talking about a woman i really knew she wouldnt even know of this conversation.

obviously men have mental and physical attractions. but we dont know her so why talk about the mental part.
In that case.
Brent, you have luscious boobs. Touch mine and judge mine!
Old 04-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
In that case.
Brent, you have luscious boobs. Touch mine and judge mine!
Can I touch yours too? I've been told that I'm quite good at judging!

Old 04-07-2010, 11:40 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Red face R.e.s.p.e.c.t.!

Deep, I hear you, but maybe Aretha can explain it better. What this forum needs is more RESPECT.
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrV0c9ETnWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&co lor2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrV0c9ETnWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&co lor2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Seriously, everybody, if you want to talk with more women on this forum, you have to act more like the decent people I know you all are, ALL THE TIME.

As it is, the question isn't "how to bring in more women", it's "How can we stop losing the female members we used to have?" For example, Rachelizée and Cinnamon Pixie! They were great, but I don't think either of them are ever coming back here again. Why don't you all wonder about that for a while?

If we want more female members here (which I don't really believe), the tone of a couple things would have to change. I don't actually expect these things will change, but (fwiw) here's the input of a guy who's married for 22 years and raising a couple daughters:

My Initial "Suggestions":
a) The "I Love Women" thread has gotten kinda gross. Funny sometimes, yes, but it also smells a lot like a high school locker room. If we really want more women fans to feel more welcome here, you can't have threads that are insulting, degrading, or objectifying women. Sorry!
b) When you meet a girl in person, it's not considered respectful to ask "are those real?" Same applies online.
c) Hate to say this (and sincerely I do), but Plaz's avatar would have to wear a figleaf or something. I think Ruroshen had said it was pushing the limits, but we were letting it go for now. That's all fine with me, but if you're all wondering why women are being scared away, that actually might have something to do with it.

That's all. I don't really expect any of these "suggestions" to be followed. And I'm personally not a prude or a conservative type who thinks these things SHOULD be made part of our policy. I think I'm just answering the question "where have all the ladies gone". As things are, the ladies I know would never want to join this place, and those are the main reasons why.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:55 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Oh. My. I don't even know. Chuck, way to go! You are the freaking man! that is the most epic post since the ueds sign up post. Thank you, from the bottom of my freaking heart! That was spectacular! Everybody needs to read this thread, male, female, robot, whatever! To those who care if the person they are talking to is male or female (I don't), this post says everything that needs to be said! This is great, your suggestions should are great. But Plaz left, so his avatar would need to be changed by a mod. I did always find it a bit questionable. Oh, well.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:47 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Other Notable Non-Visitors...

Thank you, VVV! In the interim hours, I also thought of Ronda, Jenny, and Lady Cameron - three smart ladies that are all still very active Lili fans internationally, and all used to visit here with some regularity. As I said, the question isn't so much "how to bring in more women", it's "How can we stop our trend of always losing all the female members we once had?"

If anyone cares, see above.... If you guys don't, then don't complain about it, either!

-Chuck.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:21 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
But Plaz left, so his avatar would need to be changed by a mod. I did always find it a bit questionable. Oh, well.
For the record, while I can't speak for any of the other mods, I can say that I've never received a single complaint about Plaz's avatar, and saw nothing but praise for it on the forums until tonight. And that's even after I put out a call for anyone uncomfortable with it to PM me.

Remember folks, if you find something objectionable, you can always report a post or PM your friendly neighborhood moderators. I can't promise we'll always agree with your opinion, but keeping it to yourself doesn't help anybody.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:11 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
For the record, while I can't speak for any of the other mods, I can say that I've never received a single complaint about Plaz's avatar, and saw nothing but praise for it on the forums until tonight.
yup ive never got a complaint either... people have written on my profile a few times giving me compliments on it actually

---------------------------------------------------

Old 04-08-2010, 08:47 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

First, no problem, chuck. I was actually good friends with ladycameron, but she has become far less active, if she is still here at all. As for plaz's avatar, I was just saying that if people wanted it removed, they would have to (as ruroshen said) report it to a mod. I find it questionable, not offensive. There is a difference. I think his is the limit of acceptability. Although, if female fans were to find it objectionable, then it should be removed. But if no one has reported it, and ben and other mods do not think it gos beyond the limits, then I have no problem with it. Ps good to see you back, plaz!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

All I wish to say on this thread is on the "issue" of Plaz's avatar. You guys wanted a female's opinion and I have it for you. This is from one of the new members, thekidEm, who is a female:

Quote:
haha.....his avatar is....interesting
And like Ruroshen said, if anybody had, or still has, a problem with it, they should pm a mod. I had no problem, personally, because I knew exactly where the avatar was from. Should be voted best album cover of the year, but Freeway & Jake One's "The Stimulus Package" cover was preeeeetty dope. Actually, that entire package was DOPE. Not to mention the Wu-Massacre album cover, but I digress.

Anyways, that is all. I am not a big poster on forums, in general. When I see fit, I post, hence why my post count is low. I do admit to posting in the "I Love Women" thread, but even that one I have stopped posting in, for the most part, simply because I am finding that most of what goes on in that thread is disrespectful.

However, I think instead of all this bickering (this is not constructive debate that is going on), you should try to just give suggestions, such as Chuck did. Or maybe the mods could organize something a little more constructive than just a thread where everybody goes at it.

Tis my two cents. I'm done. Love y'all. This is a great place with good people and I know we can peacefully work out any kinks that are present.

Peace&Love

~Wise

*Haha, I said more than I meant to.*

Last edited by djwise; 04-08-2010 at 09:55 AM..

Tags
demographics, female, friendly, gap, gender