Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-26-2010, 11:54 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I hope nobody has forgotten about this, it's a cool idea. Anybody have any other suggestions?
My suggestion is put it up as a calendar item, edit the first post with dates, times, instructions. Make it easy for people to know when something is going to happen. It would be nice if a mailing list could be created. I would love to get email event reminders from this site (Ben?).

So, we know that the "release date" was July 4th, but Ruroshen threw out some May dates. He's Canadian and I assume isn't especially encumbered on Sunday July 4 like us Americans, but whatever. May 23 or 30 would be good for a Ventrilo party or whatever. But yeah, in order to have stuff to talk about people should probably make a list of things they want to talk about. There have been enough interviews recently to have some stuff to bring up I guess.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-27-2010, 02:49 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Question Celebrate with The Alizée Jacotey Fund at Ecole de Danse de Monique Mufraggi

The thread here was partial inspiration for a new suggestion I make in another thread some of you may have seen, which began life as <i>POLL - Artistic Grant to Alizée</i>.

After much discussion, my current inclination is to encourage us to thank Alizée for her private session with AAm in Paris last month by creating and funding a modest scholarship named after her at her old performing arts school in Ajaccio, as I explain in the post <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=162870&postcount=60"><i>The Alizée Jacotey Fund at Ecole de Danse de Monique Mufraggi</i></a>.

The tenth anniversary of <i>Moi... Lolita</i>, <i>i.e.</i> Alizée's tenth anniversary as a showbiz pro, would be a timely opportunity for her old school to to announce the creation of this Fund.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:04 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
So, we know that the "release date" was July 4th, but Ruroshen threw out some May dates. He's Canadian and I assume isn't especially encumbered on Sunday July 4 like us Americans, but whatever. May 23 or 30 would be good for a Ventrilo party or whatever.
Heh. Not that I'd expect most of you to know this, but our big national holiday is Canada Day on July 1, actually...

The reason for the May suggestion came about because Moi...Lolita was first played on the radio on May 21, which falls on a Friday this year. So we could either do a late-night thing on the actual day of (which, unfortunately, would probably exclude our European friends) or hold off until Sunday the 23rd, and do it at a more reasonable hour for everybody.

Quote:
But yeah, in order to have stuff to talk about people should probably make a list of things they want to talk about. There have been enough interviews recently to have some stuff to bring up I guess.
Well, we can dissect the song itself...and the music video...and the En Concert performance...and the Psych-era reorchestration...and just the whole Lolita phenomenon which launched her career in general...and then we can transition into Alizée ten years later, and UEdS, and how far she's come since.

That's just a rough, off-the-top-of-my-head outline, though. Anyone who wants to beef that up a bit, be my guest.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:27 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I started this thread, so I would like to be a part. But that sadly can't happen. So, I would like this thread locked, and the discussion of a ventrilo chat carried out in it's own thread. I feel so usesless already, but seeing this thread continue makes it worse. I wanted to celebrate ml's tenth, but I can't, so I will just have to get over it. Thanks for having interest, people.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

we could play a game...
Old 04-27-2010, 07:38 PM

We could play a game... But I doubt said game is ready... Also, how? We can't exactly get a meeting together.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
I started this thread, so I would like to be a part. But that sadly can't happen. So, I would like this thread locked, and the discussion of a ventrilo chat carried out in it's own thread. I feel so usesless already, but seeing this thread continue makes it worse. I wanted to celebrate ml's tenth, but I can't, so I will just have to get over it. Thanks for having interest, people.
wait... why lock this thread??
Old 04-28-2010, 02:36 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I think we need to combine ML's anniversary and the talked-about AAm party in New York.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
wait... why lock this thread??
Because everytime I see this thread is updated I get a little excited, hoping someone haß an idea I can be a part of, since. Came up with the idea. But everytime I click view unread post, it turns out to be someone saying the like the chat party idea. Or debating the date. It seems nobody has any more ideas, so contnueing this thread is pointless. Ok, how about this: we create another thread for the chat party (I won't do it, I have nothing to do with it), and I will change the rules here: I request that people only post here if they have a genuine idea for a way to celebrate ML's tenth anniversary. Like jalen said, a get-together (maybe a bit more central than New York), or something maybe a bit cheaper.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

OK, this is an attitude I'm seeing a lot of lately, and to be honest, it's starting to become a pet peeve of mine...so, not to pick on VVV, but I need to put this out there somewhere:

Just because you start a thread, that doesn't mean it "belongs" to you. You don't get to control or determine its fate. Once you hit "post", you're submitting it to the community at large for discussion. If that discussion happens to take a turn you're not happy with, you have three options: try to steer it back to where you wanted it to go by participating in the discussion, PM a mod and ask them to split a divergent conversation into its own thread (at the mod's discretion), or simply leave the discussion, and thus the thread.

You don't get to take your ball and go home, though, or order people out of "your" thread, because it's not yours anymore. You gave up control the second you hit "post" on the original thread. That's how grown-up conversations work. Sometimes they head off in unintended directions...and that's just life, y'know? This is especially true of threads in which the original poster sets out asking for ideas, opinions or feedback. Eventually, somebody is bound to post something you don't agree with, and you just have to roll with the punches. It is what it is.

It's a two way street, of course--absolutely, people should show respect for the original poster's intent, and not be obnoxious in trying to deliberately derail the conversation. Trolling is still trolling. But if you want the discussion to conform to a rigid set of criteria, or exclude certain ideas or even individuals, then maybe posting it on an open forum isn't the best plan in the first place.

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. We now return you to the your regularly scheduled programming, already in progress.

Last edited by Ruroshen; 04-28-2010 at 08:24 AM..