Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-20-2008, 11:47 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

i think this is the second time she mentions the fifty sixty leak (the other time being le grand journal), and she keeps saying that people hated the leak version which was unmastered and unmixed. do you guys remember when it was leaked? i tend to believe that the reaction was mostly positive in the alizee community. i remember at AFC there was first a poll that asked if the members liked fifty sixty and the votes showed most people liked it. then when MJ was leaked they had another vote comparing it vs fifty sixty and most people preferred fifty sixty. anyways, why does she keep claiming there was a bad public reaction to the fifty sixty leak? i for one think MJ received worse reception than fifty sixty around the community when leaked, is she just trying to justify MJ's choice as the first single?
Old 01-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Heyamigo, I've wondered the same thing. I really don't think there is that much difference between the leaked and final version anyway. When I look on Youtube, many of the "Fifty-Sixty" clips were added 4 to 5 months ago.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:37 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

yeah the leak we got isn't too different from the album release, i don't know why she keeps putting it down saying it wasn't mastered and mixed. someone ought to tell her they're practically the same thing.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:40 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Good thing I'm not married to her? Yes, that's absolutely right. This revelation just put Alizée firmly into the category of "Love you dearly, but it would never work out. I hope we can still be friends."
Oh man, I see Alizee as sooooo far away from me, she has millions of fans adoring her, what is my chance?!
But you say it so sanely and easely and sooo prone to reality of it.. are we talking about Alizee here? Just to check.
Alizee is an amazing person, totally! If she is the one that sang in the first albums and danced so amazingly soft and fluent I would cross oceans for her. Her moves and coquetry and charm show what a feminine person she is, then still many times demonstrating she has a strong manly character, ohhh, she is sooo different! Even if I don't meet her in real life ever, I am happy I knew she existed.
Alizee has a european provincial character and you, americans, probably don't understand it very well. She is not jealous to the extend she would harm anyone, not revengeful here, but being a sensitive girl she will likely suffer alot. It's not coincidental she can smell falsity in people, she knows how desperately painful and shameful it is when discovering it in others, that's why she's not like them and never was, more so never will be. And knowing this falsity is a great part of most people's life, she is concerned about it alot, she's just aware. But as a provincial girl she is very warm and kind person, yet strong. I know it well cause I'm provincial as well. These girls are most adorable because they are closer to nature. I don't like pale girls from big cities and many affairs with women, sex alone is not very important for me, true love is.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 01-20-2008 at 12:48 PM..
Old 01-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MihaiL- View Post
But you say it so sanely and easely and sooo prone to reality of it.. are we talking about Alizee here? Just to check.
Yeah, we are, I'm just naturally incapable of seeing anyone as out of reach.

As I recall, there was a good bit of negative reaction to 50/60 on the French fan sites when it was first leaked. That's surely what she's talking about. But she's also said that it was never intended to be the first single, so again, there's no cause-effect relation there. If I had to guess, I'd say that 60s nostalgia and the particular sound of that song was thought to give it a more narrow appeal, hence the decision.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

merci beaucoup

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 01-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Oldest Fan

johnnywash is on a distinguished road
Default What a Doll

Thanks a million for the translation Cooney...She is so beautiful
I'm not crazy about the new album but watching her on French TV is a joy.
Thanks again Cooney
Old 01-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

That was a funny show even though I can't speak French I got the idea of what was going on.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:05 PM
High on Alizée

The Swede is on a distinguished road

Yeah, pretty much the same way for me, but who needs to speak french when you got a whole show to just look at Alizée
Old 01-21-2008, 02:57 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Yeah, great fun! show. The only part I am confused about is a moment when Cecile replies to Alizee that she hasn't grown much, was she making fun of Alizee's height? I thought the deal was about her looks, I was wrong, it seems.
Gotta learn french, as I remember from school the grammar part was kind of complicated. Although french is probably not as complicated as romanian and russian, but those are my original languages, it's not like I learned them at school from blank, far from that. English is very simple as I found out while diving into it, so I have no dificulties learning more rapidly. On the other hand lack of grammatical richness may create some misunderstanding in places, in the end is just OK, I mean definitely not a poet's cosmos we have here.
Besides, french is much more beautiful.

Last edited by -MihaiL-; 01-21-2008 at 02:59 PM..