Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

That wasn't even a Brit :-P That was somebody from a non-English speaking country who learned English (fluently, but with an accent) from somebody who spoke British English themselves. To be honest, she sounded like a Frenchwoman herself (French who speak fluent English tend to have British accents, as that's where their teachers mostly learned or came from).

If there's a French transcription of this, I'll be happy to translate it ASAP. It was a very fun and relaxed interview, and she was clearly having fun, but because it was so casual it was also harder to understand! I understood most of the ideas behind the questions and answers, but couldn't tell you the exact words used to transmit them. I'm still trying to figure out what it was she said he favorite insult was... "[something] de la lune" - moon-something. It wasn't "con comme la lune," which is a phrase, but something else starting with a hard C sound.

Alizée was so natural and cute throughout the whole thing :-P They certainly did a good job making her blush, but she gave nearly as good as she got - especially when the Jérémy and Mylène impersonation was presented, and she started telling them they had to dance and move their arms. :-P It struck me as an adult version of the old FunTV interviews, where she was so at ease.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:41 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

One question concerning Jeremy? Could they have used a better picture of the guy where he doesn't look like something the cat dragged in out of the rain.

Other than that, Alizée looked great and relaxed. At the end she looked like she was having a blast. I thought when the guy dressed like Mylene started singing she was going to have tears running down her face she was laughing so hard. You can see at one point where her her eyes look like they are starting to well up.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
One question concerning Jeremy? Could they have used a better picture of the guy where he doesn't look like something the cat dragged in out of the rain.
Well, that's the blokes image, isn't it?
And it's the character of the program to make everything a bit silly anyways.
But she made up by saying that he shaves these days.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

That was bloody brilliant, I loved it! She was so cute and it's great to see her having a great time and cutting up. Thanks for the video.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:34 AM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

I don't see how that Jeremy-photo is any better than his almost falling-out like pants everytime you see him. I'm sure Alizee didn't choose him for fancy style.
Fun TV was more domestic, but for me Alizee seems new with every interview, like I never know her well enough. I am sure everyone loves her, she's well educated, modest, warm and enchanting throughout.
I bow to her originality and simplicity of the heart.
Jeremy must be cool too, he just can't be a lout to meet such a girl like Alizee on his fate road.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road
Default La Méthode Cauet

Part 1
<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G4WWV30v0S4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Part 2

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdqdotTgl3g&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Part 3

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yo3vDi6STyM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>
Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
If there's a French transcription of this, I'll be happy to translate it ASAP. It was a very fun and relaxed interview, and she was clearly having fun, but because it was so casual it was also harder to understand! I understood most of the ideas behind the questions and answers, but couldn't tell you the exact words used to transmit them. I'm still trying to figure out what it was she said he favorite insult was... "[something] de la lune" - moon-something. It wasn't "con comme la lune," which is a phrase, but something else starting with a hard C sound.
It sounds like she is saying "couillant de la lune," but that doesn't make any sense. "Couiller" apparently means "faire une erreur." (http://www.dico-des-mots.com/definitions/couiller.html)

Quote:
Alizée was so natural and cute throughout the whole thing :-P They certainly did a good job making her blush, but she gave nearly as good as she got - especially when the Jérémy and Mylène impersonation was presented, and she started telling them they had to dance and move their arms. :-P It struck me as an adult version of the old FunTV interviews, where she was so at ease.
Avec les bras et tout!

Last edited by Toc De Mac; 01-13-2008 at 12:37 PM..
Old 01-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
If there's a French transcription of this, I'll be happy to translate it ASAP.
Funny image by JuanARG on AFC:

Old 01-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Lol, that's great!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:06 PM

Jean is on a distinguished road

I believe the phrase was "couillon de la lune." Although the word "couillon" has a vulgar original meaning, it apparently is now used widely to mean "imbecile" or "airhead." According to Word Reference:

"It originates in the South of France. Now it's spread all over the country and beyond. Mind you, it's hardly ever vulgar or insulting. Personally, I'd rather be called a 'couillon' ('daft one') than a 'con' ('moron')."

Can't give you the URL as this is my first post.