Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-25-2018, 02:50 PM

stephan is on a distinguished road

@Mr Coucou

It's not about finding a 100% perfect visual match, but about the spirit. Learn more about Violetta, you will see. Although she is also very close to her visually as well.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:03 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
@Mr Coucou

It's not about finding a 100% perfect visual match, but about the spirit. Learn more about Violetta, you will see. Although she is also very close to her visually as well.
Violetta doesn't look much like Alizee to me. A vague resemblance at best.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:14 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Violetta doesn't look much like Alizee to me. A vague resemblance at best.
Did not know of her, but when I saw the thumbnail of one of her youtube videos she immediately reminded me of Alizee. Dont know but I think there is a certain similarity between Alizee and Violetta?
Old 11-25-2018, 03:22 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
Don't know if you guys already know of this, but there's a Russian tribute channel to Alizee. The girl (Violetta) looks very much like her and does covers of Lili songs.
I can see where this young lady might have a lot of appeal in Russia. If she could add a little dancing, it would be of a tremendous benefit to her.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777
I can see where this young lady might have a lot of appeal in Russia. If she could add a little dancing, it would be of a tremendous benefit to her.
She would, except she doesn't have any support at the moment, she is an independent artist. She would really appreciate any help in connecting her with the right people in the music industry.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:13 PM

Thanks for your input stephan. It will be interesting to follow her career.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-26-2018 at 12:13 AM..
Old 11-25-2018, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

I agree that she has a strong resemblance to Alizée.
I think she has talent snd I agree with Scruffy that adding dancing to her repertoire would be a great benefit. In the meantime, I have a Russian friend, and I plan to show her some of Violetta’s Video and ask her opinion. Her perspective might be very interesting.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
Don't know if you guys already know of this, but there's a Russian tribute channel to Alizee. The girl (Violetta) looks very much like her and does covers of Lili songs.
French is a beautiful language; the Russian language not so. A direct interpretation of some of Alizee's songs I'll bet would not have sounded good, yet she did a decent job of coming up with a story in Russian that sounded good.

I see some simple improvements she could make. In this video, the lighting is harsh, producing glare in the background and it's too bright on her face.

The settings them selves need improvement. She did a cover for 'A Cause De L'automne'. It should have been done outside and much preferably at that time of year.

Another things is the looks on her face when the song is at a point where there's only music with out words (What's the technical term for that part of a song). It changes a few times in one section and Violetta looks unsure of herself.

I think one of the keys to Alizee's early success was the supreme confidence she showed on stage. Look at the beginning of this performance. The very cute look, the 'soft' lighting. It mesmerizes you and she hasn't even started singing or dancing yet! So those parts of the video where Violetta is not singing, should not be taken lightly. Learn how to use those moments to your advantage. She's a good looking girl....show it off.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:15 AM

I would like to notice Alizée had a professional support team while Violetta is doing everything on her own.

> In this video, the lighting is harsh, producing glare in the background and it's too bright on her face.

She was doing it at home. This background is probably the best she could come up with.

> The settings them selves need improvement. She did a cover for 'A Cause De L'automne'. It should have been done outside and much preferably at that time of year.

I was recommending the same, but generally. She told me she doesn't have anyone who could assist her with the camera.

> A direct interpretation of some of Alizee's songs I'll bet would not have sounded good, yet she did a decent job of coming up with a story in Russian that sounded good.

Yes, she is a great poet and she managed to create an awesome interpretation. The latest version of "Moi... Lolita" she did is in Spanish. I see more potential of using Spanish and English, and I can se she understands this as well.

> I see some simple improvements she could make.

Feel free to get in touch with her. She would appreciate any encouragement, recommendations and feedback. Or leave a comment on her video. Not just Scruffydog, everyone.

> It changes a few times in one section and Violetta looks unsure of herself. I think one of the keys to Alizee's early success was the supreme confidence she showed on stage.

I'm not sure Alizée is showing supreme confidence in that video. She is cute, beautiful, romantic, tender, sensual, but she is far from being confident. I would actually call her shy. Cher could be an example of a star that is showing supreme confidence on stage, but this is not a feature of Alizée and this is not exactly why we love her.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post

..............> It changes a few times in one section and Violetta looks unsure of herself. I think one of the keys to Alizee's early success was the supreme confidence she showed on stage.

I'm not sure Alizée is showing supreme confidence in that video. She is cute, beautiful, romantic, tender, sensual, but she is far from being confident. I would actually call her shy. Cher could be an example of a star that is showing supreme confidence on stage, but this is not a feature of Alizée and this is not exactly why we love her.
Well we could debate that last point about Alizee, but it doesn't really matter in what we're trying to do here and that is give her suggestions. Again at the part where she's not singing, at points she is saying something, but there are no words in that part of the song. It looks awkward and would be a relatively easy fix to come up with something different.