Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-04-2024, 08:23 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default Le Movies !

Being more like movies you should see and movies you should avoid !

SEE ( I apologize in advance as my tastes are sometimes violent ! )
Western- "Once Upon A Time in The West" by Sergio Leoni !
African - ( so to speak ) "The Wind and the Lion" with Sean Connery
Environmental - "Medicine Man" with Sean Connery

AVOID ( in my estimate )
An "intellectual" style movie - "Boom ! " [ should probably be called Bomb ! ]
originally a play by tennesee williams but failed after about 10 performances on broadway; then somebody thought it would make a good movie with Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor but it failed as a movie also; then they sent it to Vietnam to torment the troops which is where I saw it !
Old 07-05-2024, 03:44 AM

okaberintarou is on a distinguished road

Being on a forum dedicated to Alizée, I would recommend watching The Big Blue (Le grand bleu) from Luc Besson since Alizée said it was her favorite movie in this interview from January 2002

http://moi.lolita.alizee.free.fr/interview.htm

More recently, she mentioned Avatar from James Cameron instead.

I would also recommend One Wild Moment (Un moment d'égarement) from 2015, it's a lolita-esque story that takes place in Corsica, so it totally fits in Alizée's universe
Old 07-05-2024, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaberintarou View Post
Being on a forum dedicated to Alizée, I would recommend watching The Big Blue (Le grand bleu) from Luc Besson since Alizée said it was her favorite movie in this interview from January 2002

http://moi.lolita.alizee.free.fr/interview.htm

More recently, she mentioned Avatar from James Cameron instead.

I would also recommend One Wild Moment (Un moment d'égarement) from 2015, it's a lolita-esque story that takes place in Corsica, so it totally fits in Alizée's universe
Ah ! Thank You ! I will have to Check them out as I have not seen them ! Unfortunately my take on foreign movies may be lacking;as I have seen mostly ones released in the US !

See
(Bronze Age) Conan the Barbarian ( the original ) [ I told you my tastes were violent ! ]
(Western) The Wild Bunch - Sam Peckinpaw
(Spy) Point of No Return

Avoid
(supposed to be comedic) Drop Dead Fred (the only reason to see the movie is Phoebe Cates ! )
Double Avoid
(space) Alien From L.A. - Kathy Ireland ( one of the worst movies ever made ! )

Strange fact: In my life and at different times I have proposed to both Kathy Ireland and Phoebe Cates; but both turned me down !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 07-05-2024 at 02:36 PM..
Old 07-05-2024, 02:38 PM

okaberintarou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
Ah ! Thank You ! I will have to Check them out as I have not seen them ! Unfortunately my take on foreign movies may be lacking;as I have seen mostly ones released in the US !

See
(Bronze Age) Conan the Barbarian ( the original ) [ I told you my tastes were violent ! ]
(Western) The Wild Bunch - Sam Peckinpaw

Avoid
(supposed to be comedic) Drop Dead Fred (the only reason to see the movie is Phoebe Cates ! )
Double Avoid
(space) Alien in LA - Kathy Ireland ( one of the worst movies ever made ! )

Strange fact: In my life and at different times I have proposed to both Kathy Ireland and Phoebe Cates; but both turned me down !

I recommend checking The Big Blue first as it is in english and its direction is similar to american movies (directed by the guy who made Léon: The Professional and The Fifth Element), it won't feel too much like a foreign movie to you.

How did you come to know Kathy Ireland and Phoebe Cates ?
Old 07-05-2024, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaberintarou View Post
I recommend checking The Big Blue first as it is in english and its direction is similar to american movies (directed by the guy who made Léon: The Professional and The Fifth Element), it won't feel too much like a foreign movie to you.

How did you come to know Kathy Ireland and Phoebe Cates ?
I came to know them accidentally; as I had been sent to both Los Angeles and New York for Symposiums by my Corporation. Kathy was having an arguement with her boyfriend in a restaurant who stormed out and she cried; so I introduced myself and bought us drinks so then we got drunk. I invited her up to my hotel room to sign her Calendars I just happened to have with me; then I proposed to her and we passed out on the bed fully clothed. Next morning she said No and left !
Phoebe Cates was signing autographs in New York for the movie Gremlyns I think and I proposed to her on the spur of the moment; but she thought I was crazy, so she turned me down ! She was really young then !

Also forgot the other woman I love; Alas she is already married;so I can't propose ! Scarlett Johanson
See
(Sci-Fi) The Ghost In The Shell ( If AI was a corporate bodyguard ! ? )
(Sci-Fi) Lucy ( I think this is the one I mean )
(Horses) The Horse Whisperor ( an early Scarlett ! ) with Robert Redford

I actually read the Ghost in the shell in a science fiction magazine years before they made it into movie !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 07-05-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 07-27-2024, 01:52 AM

Default More Movies

A few more movies

See
"Fast Times At Ridgemont High" A kind of Teen movie; but guys will like it as it has Phobe Cates in it [ One of the most beautiful woman in the world ! She cannot take a Bad Picture ! ] And , when I was in New York; she was signing autographs for the movie "Gremlyns"; and so I proposed to her, but she took it as a prank or something and she was awful young here; so she turned me down ! So I struck out again !
"No Country for Old Men" ( A kind of murder mystery. Some money goes missing so they send a hit man after it; who is your worst nightmare ! In our strange world; there are some men like that ! One guy was caught by the police; so they wanted the name of his acquaintance; but he wouldn't give it to them; because the man was a hit man and had killed 50 men ! He told them I don't know his real name and if I talk about him; he'll eventually kill me; so I won't talk !; But this is a different story ! )
"Sin City" ( Film Noir ) It has Jessica Alba in it; who is pure Sex ! Alas for me; she is happily married; or else I would have proposed to her , too ! Ha !
"Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" ( Film Noir ) Jessica Alba again !

"The Moneyball" Brad Pitt and Baseball ! The Oakland Athletic's don't have a big Budget for Player's ( Like say, the New York Yankees, who can buy any player they want { so some call them the 'Bankees' Ha ! } so the Team Personnel Chief has to come up with a novel way of getting player's that will help them win. So he and his new assistant come up with a novel way of evaluating player's ! So the Manager ends up telling him "You're ruining this team by getting over the hill players or players with a bad attitude; and we are never going to win this way ! However they go on a winning streak !

There is one Film to avoid; but I have to look up it's name

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 07-28-2024 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: another movie
Old 08-04-2024, 03:47 PM

Default Coupala More Movies I remember

See

"Always" Firefighting in the american West with Holly Hunter and John Goodman ( we can't seem to put any fires out; now ? ) The Firechief 'another ( blank ) hot shot Pilot ! '

"Goon" A guy is not good at anything; but becomes a Hockey Team 'Enforcer'
'The Bad news , Glatt, you just beat up your whole hockey team ! The Good new , Glatt, you just beat up your whole hockey team !' Ha !

"Jaws" the movie A movie about a gigantic shark ( which could have been a bomb ) but everybody is perfectly cast and acts their roles to perfection !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 08-04-2024 at 03:53 PM..
Old 08-07-2024, 10:35 AM

Default Strange Pairings

They paired "Machete" with Jessica Alba !
Machete is one of those guys so ugly it seems that he goes past it to becoming handsome again ! Ha !
Alba says "You don't write, you don't call, your don't email, you don't Text ! I was worried about you !"
So Machete says "Machete don't Text ! I just Show Up ! " Ha !
The "Machete" movie !

And of course the movie "Lawrence of Arabia". I apologize again; but Hollywood is always mixing up the fictional with the real individuals; so one cannot tell if the story is mostly true or mostly false ? When one is interested in what was 'Awrence really like ? !

Similar to movies about Napoleon ! They always make all the Cliche moments; but they never get close to what Napoleone was really like !
For instance; he said the force with which my army strikes the enemy is equal to it's mass times it's speed which is actually ( E = mc ) ! He only misses the squared from Einstein ! But then I talk too much ! And so I apologize again !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 08-07-2024 at 10:43 AM..
Old 08-08-2024, 05:56 AM

Default The Tango

We would; I think , like to see Gregorie and Alizee doing the Tango !
I think there is a video of that someplace ?

But here is Al Pacino teaching the Tango

Someone you may least expect does the tango is Robert Duvall
so you should see him in the wild west shootout movie "Open Range"

There is one with Alizee

The True alizee Fan knows most of these; 15 facts about alizee !
http://facts.net/celebrity/15-astoni...-about-alizee/

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 08-08-2024 at 06:06 AM.. Reason: more info
Old 08-09-2024, 03:11 PM

Default A pretty good movie

A pretty good movie I just remembered

"The Lone Ranger" with Johnny Deep as Tonto !
The Rangers are ambushed and wiped out; but one survives !
Tonto rescues him. The Ranger represents Truth, Justice, and the "American" way ; However the Indians and the Ranger are betrayed by everyone for tons of Silver ! Tonto tells him, This is why you wear the Mask ! The Crooks steal the Indians Silver and Custer? with the Cavalry joins them. So the Ranger has to set things Right !
Custer is later wiped out at the little Big Horn river in 1876 ; attacked by about 5 to 6 thousand Sioux and Cheyenne Indians ! ( General Reno; why didn't you go to the aid of General Custer ? It might be because I was busy fighting off 2,000 Indians myself; he said ! ) [ I think I know too much history ; I should have learned Guitar and joined a Rock Band ! ]

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 08-09-2024 at 03:14 PM..