Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2019, 07:17 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As far as Alizee exceeding MF's expectations, I think that's the incredible truth. I think one thing that probably impressed Mylene was her enormous confidence on stage. We can see in the moments before and after, she looks like she's somewhat nervous, but the stage was her universe. This young lady who was just the right age for what MF had in mind, would need little coaching.

Then you look at her character. At the moment the other young girl won the second competition, Alizee smiled at what must've been a very disappointing moment for her, then she congratulated the winner. It showed a lot of class.
I wonder too if Alizee's shorter hair might have played a role in her being picked by MF? Did it make her look younger, fitting into the Lolita role?
When Alizee started working with Mylene, there was nothing spectacular about her looks. There was nothing spectacular about her singing voice. Alizee was "cute", but she had some characteristics that showed promise. She had a spectacular smile. She was fearless performing. She had a great personality and a sound mind. Being in her mid teens at that point, she wasn't a whiny teenager who cops an attitude - she was probably very teachable.

How did Mylene know Alizee would go from "cute" to gorgeous in just a few years? There is no way she knew. Alizee would have been a hard sell if she did not blossom into the beauty that she did.

Then the swan begins to take shape.

I think MCE was written with a stage show in mind, knowing at that point Alizee was going to start touring. It was like living a dream for Alizee, but also Mylene. I think it far exceeded Mylene's expectations.