Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

I cant believe how fast you people respond, its so cool. thanks for the warm welcomes.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaceman View Post
I cant believe how fast you people respond, its so cool. thanks for the warm welcomes.
Some of us are fast sometimes! Welcome!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustasian View Post
welcome, im sure most of us went through exactly the same process.

im sorry if i seem nitpicky, but i just have to say; shakespeare is english and the UK gets along very well with the french, being so close and all. but other than that u were rite about everything, how people like to stereotype others they don't even know.
Well that would REALLY explain why Shakespeare is all over our schools, and Movies... Because hes NOT French! now it fits haha.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:03 PM
star traveller

-MihaiL- is on a distinguished road

Hi Yaceman, welcome and I hope your stay proves to be worthwhile. France is a great country, whole western europe is a beautiful, clean place. Also epic and very quiet, like living history today. No onder Japan is so crazy about Europe, cause it's different. Europe is not built entirely by the modern industrial and business human so that everything looks blocky and monotone like big buildings you have there in big cities and simple houses like in LA that resemble a dog's kennel, nothing romantic there, if you ask me.
Ah.. there are some really amazing places in Austria, France, Switzerland and so on. The mountains(Alps) and nature you'll never forget once you see, and that clean air is heavenly and the silence is deadly. If you ever plan to visit this museum piece called Europe, I hope you get the most of it and I hope you don't find it too boring, or too quiet. For me deadly silence is something I respect deeply.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:38 PM
moi coco

cocoroa is on a distinguished road

welcome man

hey i knew about alizee the same way you did

i saw a video on youtube by accident like 4 months ago

man, my life changed after i saw that video, hope that your life changed as well

Lili... with you till the end of the world
don´t forget to watch my alizee video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UskLRxB_XFM

TA4E!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Hooked on Alizée

Addict is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of people here have gone through just the same thing. I know I feel a lot more worldly than I did six months ago, when I first heard Alizee. Now I'm headed to France in April. It's a funny thing.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:57 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaceman View Post

Anyway, one thing that Alizee brought me to see is how similar and at the same time the human spirit is. The seas that separate us from her are physical, but the language barrier is not. It got me thinking about how as Americans, we steriotype the french, and other peoples of the world. Its amazing to talk to some people here, I ask them what they think about France... and they respond that they're a rude country. But the thing is how can u judge like that when you dont know. Dont get me wrong, im sure Paris as huge as it is, does get some angry people, but what big city doesnt? The language barrier keeps America and the UK separte from France. I can say ive never heard a french song... the only French people ive ever known are dead (Nepoleon and Shakespeare). I watched the history channel a few months ago about how the dutch won the country using the new Fransica throwing axe, but thats all i knew about the country.
Noticing how conceeded both countries really are, it makes me sad. I think that France is very similar to our country in the way that we dont really feel we need to go out and experiance anyplace except the small city we all live in and the few people that we know that speak the same language. Everyonce in a few, you'll meet someone whos interesting, whos traveled and learned from something besides a one sided view of their country. In this makes me the most upset, that our country, as supreme as it is, keeps its citizens at bay. Ok, you might ask 'they cant just send people overseas on a field trip'. Its about Educating people, not boxing them in. Language lessons, history, cooking...
Welcome! I'm confident you'll have a fun time here.

BTW, I found a reference to the Francisca axe, used by the Franks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisca

(I'm not quite sure what the Dutch have to do with it though.)

Someone already mentioned Shakespeare being English; I may wish to point out that some members of the forum (I'm not naming any names, *cough* AC *cough* ) will likely also make sure that you know that (like Alizée), Napoleon was from Corsica.

I haven't been to France in a long time but I would be quite surprised if France as a whole had the same amount of insularity that one finds in the US (if only because it's in Europe and so is much closer to so many other countries).

Again, welcome!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post

I may wish to point out that some members of the forum (I'm not naming any names, *cough* AC *cough* ) will likely also make sure that you know that (like Alizée), Napoleon was from Corsica.

I haven't been to France in a long time but I would be quite surprised if France as a whole had the same amount of insularity that one finds in the US (if only because it's in Europe and so is much closer to so many other countries).

Again, welcome!
Yea i knew about that the Island was the same as Bonapart, I also read up about the flag, and how the island has Italian influence. I think its really neet to learn so much about one place, and all the places on this planet that are left.

My parents recently visited Paris and told be about the people. They said that French are very warm and welcoming group, but there are a few (mainly in the big touresty areas) whom cant stand Foreigners. If i got pestered everyday by new and annoying people that wastes my time I would probably be less leniant about how respectful I am.

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 01-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Let's go to France :-)

alswamprat is on a distinguished road
Talking Yes Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Man! - you have NO idea how true a nerve you have touched here! We all have similar experiences/feelings that we have gone/are going through! There are other threads where many of us write the same expressions you have here!

You are welcome here! You will find, very quickly just how much this woman/artist/"entertainer" can change people!

WELCOME!

I'll post you a linky (when i wake in the morning) to a very similar thread I did. A few of the others should do the same - you will laugh when you see us saying the same things you've said!

Again,

WELCOME!

Ed
It is so true!
Old 01-24-2008, 11:58 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Welcome Yaceman. You gave a well spoken explanation of how you found Alizée. As several have already stated above, this type of "discovery" is very familiar to many.