Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road
Default Interview - La Voix du Nord (2007-11-29)

http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/journal/V...RT871382.phtml

Quote:
MUSIQUES
Alizée : « Je suis une jeune fille de 23 ans qui a beaucoup de chance »

Elle a 23 ans, un bébé, et elle revient avec un album qui fait déjà beaucoup de bruit. Alizée : une fille bien dans sa tête, les pieds sur terre.

PAR VIRGINIE CARTON
vcarton@lavoixdunord.fr

Vous aviez commencé votre carrière avec un tube : Moi Lolita. Vous êtes-vous sentie un jour Lolita ?
« A l’époque où j’ai chanté cette chanson, j’avais 15 ans, je ne me posais pas trop de questions. Je me suis un peu laissée porter par ce qui se passait. Quand j’ai eu 20 ans, je me suis aperçue que les choses avaient évolué. J’avais grandi et je ne pouvais plus chanter la même chose que quand j’avais 15 ans ».

Que représentait le thème pour vous ? La Lolita de Nabokov ou simplement une toute jeune fille ?« Un petit peu de deux je dirais. La chanson a été beaucoup inspirée du roman et en même temps ça pouvait être moi comme une autre jeune fille.
Après c’est même devenu un phénomène et n’importe quelle jeune fille entre 15 et 18 ans sortait un album, on l’appelait Lolita. »

Vous êtes passée à autre chose ou vous avez gardé quelque chose de la Lolita que vous étiez ?« Je pense que j’ai juste grandi et que j’ai juste sept ans de plus. Après forcément je suis la même. C’est juste que je chante autre chose. Une musique un petit peu différente ».

Votre nouvel album est plutôt pop electro. C’était le mot d’ordre ?
« Oui. Je voulais un album un peu hip hop, pop acidulé et en même temps j’écoute plein de choses très différentes, je suis très ouverte musicalement et j’ai essayé d’avoir des sons un petit peu rock, electro, il y a un peu de tout mais ça reste un album pop ».

Vous travaillez avec Daniel Darc, Jean Fauque et Jérémy Chatelain, votre amoureux.
« Pour moi c’était pareil de travailler avec Jérémy que de travailler avec Oxmo. C’était des personnes qui étaient là pour porter cet album et apporter chacun leur touche. Il n’y a pas eu vraiment de différences entre Jérémy et les autres ».

Avez-vous des regrets par rapport à vos débuts ?
« Non. J’ai su profiter de ce qui m’arrivait et j’essaie de m’en servir au jour d’aujourd’hui, de me servir de tout ce qu’on m’a appris, des expériences que j’ai pu vivre. J’espère continuer à apprendre beaucoup de choses et à faire beaucoup de rencontres ».

Des rumeurs disaient que vos relations avec Mylène Farmer s’étaient un petit peu compliquées sur la fin.
« Non, pas du tout. Ce sont des rumeurs non fondées ».

Vos années de silence étaient une simple parenthèse pour vivre votre vie personnelle ?« Non, c’était plus vraiment pour prendre le temps de faire un album. On peut faire un album en trois ou six mois, mais je pense que si on est un peu perfectionniste, il faut prendre son temps. J’ai pris deux ans de travail ».

Vous n’aviez plus du tout envie de travailler avec Mylène Farmer ?
« Ce n’est pas que je n’en avais plus envie. J’avais juste envie de faire des rencontres et m’émanciper. C’était surtout ça ».

Aujourd’hui comment vous décririez-vous ?
« Je pense que je suis une jeune fille de 23 ans qui a beaucoup de chance d’avoir une famille et de vivre de sa passion ».
Translation finished:

Quote:
Alizée: “I am a young 23 year old woman who is very lucky.”

She is 23 years old, has a baby, and she is returning with an album which is already getting a lot of attention. Alizée: an intelligent, down-to-earth girl.

By Virginie Carton

You started your career with the hit “Moi Lolita.” Did you once feel like a lolita?“At the time when I sang this song, I was 15 years old, and I didn’t ask myself too many questions. I kind of didn’t pay attention to everything that was happening. When I was 20 years old, I felt that things had changed. I had grown and I could no longer sing about the same things as when I was 15.”

What did the theme represent for you? The lolita of Nabokov or simply a very young girl?“A little bit of both I would say. The song was greatly inspired by the novel and on the same hand it could have been me as another young girl. Afterwards, it even became a phenomenon and any girl between 15 and 18 who released an album was called a ‘lolita.’”

Have you moved on to new things or have you kept something from the lolita which you were?
“I think that I have just grown up and that I only am seven years older. Since then I am inevitably the same. It’s just that I am singing about other things. Music which is a little bit different.”

Your new album is rather pop-electro. Is that the catchphrase?
“Yes. I wanted to make an album that is partly hip hop, tangy pop, and at the same time I listen to a bunch of very different styles. I am very musically open and I tried to have some sounds of both rock and electro. There’s a little bit of everything, but it remains a pop album.”

You worked with Daniel Darc, Jean Fauque, and Jérémy Chatelain, your lover.“For me, it was the same working with Jérémy as it was working with Oxmo. These were people that were there to carry this album through and to bring their own special touches to the album. There wasn’t really a difference between Jérémy and anyone else.”

Do you have any regrets about your debut?“No. I knew how to take advantage of what happened to me and I try to use that to aid me even today, to benefit from everything that I’ve learned and the experiences that I’ve lived through. I hope to continue to learn many things and to meet many new people.”

The rumors are saying that your relation with Mylène Farmer was a little complicated at its end.
“No, not at all. These rumors are unfounded.”

Were the years during your break just a simple intermission during which you could live out your personal life?“No, it was really more to take the time to produce an album. One can make an album in three or six months, but I think that if one is partly a perfectionist, it is necessary to take one’s time. I took two years off to work.”

You don’t feel like working with Mylène Farmer anymore?“It’s not that I don’t feel like that anymore. I just needed to meet new people and to free myself. More than anything, it was that.”

How would you describe yourself today?
“I think that I am a young 23-year-old woman who is very lucky to have a family and who can live out her passion.”

Last edited by Toc De Mac; 11-30-2007 at 06:13 PM..
Old 11-30-2007, 05:36 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

thanks TDM.

interesting stuff there. like her saying the break was more for the time needed for her album, meaning she's been working on the album for a longer time than we think?
Old 11-30-2007, 06:21 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Well, she's been talking about working on the album since at least early 2006. How long were you thinking that she's been working?

Last edited by fsquared; 11-30-2007 at 06:59 PM..
Old 11-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Thxs there TDM! Well again it had to be hard for her to find new songs..so it does take time!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Well, she's been talking about working on the album since at least early 2006. How long were you thinking that's she's been working?
well the beginning of her "break" was before 2006, so couldn't it mean she was working on it anytime after the break started?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the translation! Here's a scan of the print article:

Old 11-30-2007, 10:28 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

thanks toc de mac!

that was a great article
Old 11-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Thanks Toc.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:13 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
Thanks Toc De Mac!

Upon listening to the entire album, I was thinking, wow this thing (the music) was so diverse from song to song. It wasn't reminescent of the others, but in a good way. It simply shows her independence and doing what makes her happy. As that is what we all should be striving towards... those things that make us happy!

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...