Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-16-2009, 12:29 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

my guess is it is closer to being done than most people would be willing to believe

Alizee tends to have odd ways when it comes to actual dates

Old 08-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
It takes a while to make an album, it took her 2 years to make Psychedelices. To be honest August/July was too early. Maybe september is good, who knows
Not really, it just takes effort to put them out in a certain speed.
SNSD did two in 6 months.

Oh, and we can't forget Buckethead, who in his 10+ years career has put out over 30+ albums, that's literally 3 a year.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:01 AM
Traceur

Fyrel is on a distinguished road

Albums really take no longer than a couple months to make; it's the record labels that tend to slow down the release date as to make extra sales, not coincide with another album, get promotional materials together, schedule tours and interviews, that sort of thing. The actual music gets done pretty quickly (relatively).

EDIT: Btw, the mixing stage would be after recording vocals and individual instruments and putting it all together, tuning the voice, adding extra sounds, etc.

Être et durer.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrel View Post

EDIT: Btw, the mixing stage would be after recording vocals and individual instruments and putting it all together, tuning the voice, adding extra sounds, etc.
thank you! someone finally answered mah question.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrel View Post
Albums really take no longer than a couple months to make; it's the record labels that tend to slow down the release date as to make extra sales, not coincide with another album, get promotional materials together, schedule tours and interviews, that sort of thing. The actual music gets done pretty quickly (relatively).

This is true, but it's the writing stage that always takes the longest. Unless you're Brian Wilson, the recording process usually takes a couple months followed my mixing then mastering, which comes last.

I'd like to take this oppourtunity to point out, since i mentioned mastering, that Alizee has made out well in this regard thus far. Mastering engineers tend to make everything very loud, resulting in distirtion and overall harsh sound. You can pump up Alizee's 3 albums loudly without getting a headache. Fine mastering.

Last edited by puffyrock2; 08-16-2009 at 07:21 PM..
Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Not really, it just takes effort to put them out in a certain speed.
SNSD did two in 6 months.
Oh, and we can't forget Buckethead, who in his 10+ years career has put out over 30+ albums, that's literally 3 a year.
But Alizée is not like SNSD or Buckethead ¬¬...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
what is the mixing stage anywys? i just thought it ment that they were almost done?
that's the stage when you want to make sure that Fifty Sixty doesn't get leaked
Old 08-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Are you sure? I mean, have you ever seen Buckethead and Alizée together? In the same place at the same time? Secret identities can be tricky things...could be the bucket works just like Clark Kent's glasses, y'know?

Quote:
that's the stage when you want to make sure that Fifty Sixty doesn't get leaked
Hahahaha!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There's no reason she CAN'T be like them.
I guess it's all about the level of music love of each individual.
If I had the equipment, i'd be writing songs every day, recording them any chance I get, and putting out as many albums as my heart's content say, in as many styles I want!

I don't think she's treating her career as anything too serious now, which in turn benefits her more than you all.
Of course there can be many excuses to make for this such as.
1.) She's probably perfecting her music
2.) She needs a rest
3.) She has a daughter

Etcetera, Etcetera.
I guess she's not too worried about the career I guess, or is worried about it turning into a job. If there is any worry that a career in music will turn into a job, I guess I only have to say the appreciation there isn't as high. Of course all artists are subjective, Tool releases one album after about 4 to 5 years in between, but the songs in each album are of nice quality and good lengths to keep the audience interested more.

If she wanted to rebound her career back into shape, she'd be busting her chops, i'm sure she probably is (in some way or whatever), but not as much as others, and there is no reason she has to fall behind if she actually wants the new fans and the cashroll that comes with it.
Then I propose several reasons.
1.) She's worried her music career will turn into a burden
2.) She really doesn't want to worry too much about her career as much as her own life.

Etcetera, Etcetera, and it's all subjective to what every individual pertains the truth to be, yet the truth is never found.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Personally, I just don't think Alizée is that industrious compared to many other artists. I'm not saying that to criticize her. I realize that pace of life is a relative thing. I don't think it's because of her being a mother or wanting to spend time with her family, although I'm sure both are true. I think she is maintaining a pace of life that she feels comfortable and happy with. And if that puts her career at some risk, I think she's willing to live with that. It's her right and her choice. If one is going to follow Alizée, one must accept this about her and be patient.

I wouldn't doubt she got tired of the pace she had to maintain during the Mylene years, and decided with her new found freedom, that that was going to change. While I do accept Alizée's choice in all of this, I don't think it excuses her from being properly prepared and rehearsed as a professional should be.

So I'm just hoping that she has struck a happy balance between work and play, and is coming out fully prepared with a great new album. I am truly looking forward to it, as I'm sure everyone else is...
Old 08-18-2009, 07:07 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

You know what just occurred to me? That she is most likely taking off the whole week, if not two, because of her BIRTHDAY!

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont