Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Eh, why would I bother searching for it? I've already pre-ordered it!

On the matter though, I full agree with Deepwaters, if you want to prevent from this from happening, just make it legal and try to regulate a bit.

I can go more into why I think that's the best way, but than it might get too political.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
As far as going strictly e-publishing for music, I still am a holdout. I want both available to me. This article says it much better than I could.
Nothing wrong with having both available, but the point is that they shouldn't be putting roadblocks in the way of downloads in order to try to protect CD sales from the competition.

As for the article you linked, resolution is one thing, medium another (as long as we're talking consistently digital; analog recording is a whole different dimension). Improving resolution of downloads is a good idea.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road
Default On the subject of pirating...

*looks toward his copy of Rosetta Stone and the nine languages he has with it*
*gets sweaty knowing if anybody looks up RS and does the math of nine languages times three levels times the price....*

If those who have obtained the songs early ARE buying the album.... then in my mind, it's excusable.

Unfortunately, I downloaded (though from youtube, so... he did it first) the entire Psych album and used that, though since I've acquired both the original album and the (forgets name, renames it) über-album to apologize in a way.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
*looks toward his copy of Rosetta Stone and the nine languages he has with it*
*gets sweaty knowing if anybody looks up RS and does the math of nine languages times three levels times the price....*

If those who have obtained the songs early ARE buying the album.... then in my mind, it's excusable.

Unfortunately, I downloaded (though from youtube, so... he did it first) the entire Psych album and used that, though since I've acquired both the original album and the (forgets name, renames it) über-album to apologize in a way.
It's okay, I first used youtube to find Alizée as well.

Last edited by wasabi622; 03-17-2010 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: Took some(all) stuff out.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I don't think anybody should have tried to spread the word about it. I think maybe they should have made it a PM thing, if that. They shouldn't have made a big deal about it.

Last edited by Fall; 03-17-2010 at 09:34 PM..
Old 03-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I don't think anybody should have tried to spread the word about it. I think maybe they should have made it a PM thing, if that. They shouldn't have made a big deal about it.
Cat's outta the bag either way, though. That's the double-edged sword of the age we live in: as soon as one person knows about something, a thousand people know about it an instant later, and so on. Can't stop the signal.

And can we take the Rosetta Stone conversation to PMs, please? Let's not be hypocrites out in the open, eh?

Last edited by Ruroshen; 03-17-2010 at 09:14 PM..
Old 03-17-2010, 09:12 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I agree; they should of PM within each other to avoid making a BIG FUZZ about it. However I think the responsibilty here lies to the Moderators, and Presidents or even the memeber themselves of the Forums to delete right off the bat these links and bann these members. It's a shame knowing that members can accept to these things knowing that she has worked and tried so hard to keep it a secret and a surprise to her fans. I can't believe how these members can call themselves "fans or loyal fans" by posting these links.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I can't believe how these members can call themselves "fans or loyal fans" by posting these links.
Yeah, it's been an interesting day watching this unfold online, and seeing the different (and often opposite) reactions of people who all call themselves fans.

I genuinely think a lot of the people who are posting or linking to the songs don't realize they're doing anything wrong. They're just excited fans who got their Christmas present early, and think they're doing their fellow fans a solid by sharing it. It doesn't even occur to them that Alizée might actually be harmed by it, because they assume that--like themselves--all fans are still gonna buy the album, regardless.

That's been my impression, anyway.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I agree; they should of PM within each other to avoid making a BIG FUZZ about it. However I think the responsibilty here lies to the Moderators, and Presidents or even the memeber themselves of the Forums to delete right off the bat these links and bann these members. It's a shame knowing that members can accept to these things knowing that she has worked and tried so hard to keep it a secret and a surprise to her fans. I can't believe how these members can call themselves "fans or loyal fans" by posting these links.
One thing we have to keep in mind is that its not always black and white, some of these guys are "real" fans but aren't able to buy it. You never know with these kinds of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
And can we take the Rosetta Stone conversation to PMs, please? Let's not be hypocrites out in the open, eh?
You're right, my apologies, I'll edit that out.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

sooo its just past 7am i here in my hotel kinda tipsy from last night and i must say i appreciate this new album a whole lot more than the previous... i just listened to the album and mes fantomes is just a big win!

---------------------------------------------------

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont