Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 03-10-2007, 06:43 PM

MiamMiam is on a distinguished road

I agree she sings the first part really well, but she sounds kind of off during the chorus, but it also sounds like the background track was weird at that part as well. But I actually like her version better lol.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamMiam View Post
I agree she sings the first part really well, but she sounds kind of off during the chorus, but it also sounds like the background track was weird at that part as well. But I actually like her version better lol.
Who Jennifer Lopez?

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 03-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
:-D

Indeed, Alizée does make the "to" in "tonight" too high for the original, which is what you're hearing there. Making the word "tonight" a triplet with a sharp on the first syllable (I think that's what it's supposed to be) does no favors for non-anglophones trying to sing it, and indeed many Americans would goof that one the first couple times until they get it locked in.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
:-D

Indeed, Alizée does make the "to" in "tonight" too high for the original, which is what you're hearing there. Making the word "tonight" a triplet with a sharp on the first syllable (I think that's what it's supposed to be) does no favors for non-anglophones trying to sing it, and indeed many Americans would goof that one the first couple times until they get it locked in.
Eh despite the fact that she messed that note up, she did very well..you can tell that she had talent at that point anyway, and I'm sure it was also nerves that got to her as well
Old 03-10-2007, 10:09 PM

CK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If it has, I don't know where, so here's a rough cut of it. I'm sure aFrenchie or gç will let me know if I goofed something :-)

The song portion of this is an awesome early English-language Alizée recording, and reveals the massive improvement in her English pronunciation between ages 15 and 18. Dang though, I love her accent on the word "perfect" :-D

-----------------------

Voice: Hello

Alizée: Hello

V: What's your name?

A: Alizée

V: How old are you, Alizée?

A: 15 years old.

V: And where are you from?

A: From Ajaccio, in Corsica.

V: Ok. How long have you been singing?

A: Uhh, for nearly 12 years.

V: Ok, have you performed in front of an audience before?

A: Yes

V: In what way, like at a piano-bar?

A: No, I go to an arts school, doing dance and theatre.

V: Ok, and what song are you performing? Quickly.

A: "Waiting for Tonight" by Jennifer Lopez

Narrator: Selected to participate in Graines de Stars, Alizée came with us to Paris to give it a go, as you see here.

A: (singing)
Like a movie scene
In the sweetest dreams
Have pictured us together

N: That session allowed her to work her voice (Now to feel your lips), and most importantly (On my fingertips), to pick the song she would sing on the day of the broadcast. (I have to say is even better)

A: (singing)
Then I ever thought it could possibly be
It's perfect, it's passion, it's setting me free
From all of my sadness
The tears that I've cried
I have spent all of my life

Waiting for tonight, oh
Thanks alot m8
Old 03-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

What I'd like to know is why her audition was an english song. How do these things work? From what I gathered, she chose to sing this song herself. Oh, the courage and confidence!

Merci Cooney.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Eh despite the fact that she messed that note up, she did very well..you can tell that she had talent at that point anyway, and I'm sure it was also nerves that got to her as well
Oh absolutely! I didn't mean that as an aspersion on her performance, which was excellent. It's merely a common mistake even among native language singers, that I imagine is amplified with the language barrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Thanks alot m8
You bet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKrupa View Post
What I'd like to know is why her audition was an english song. How do these things work? From what I gathered, she chose to sing this song herself. Oh, the courage and confidence!

Merci Cooney.
Any time :-) The song would simply be a song she liked. It seems that American songs and artists are all over in France. There's one interview I remember where she names off artists she likes, and nearly all are Americans. Also, with her father and herself being big Madonna fans, she's no doubt used to it. I recall as well, on the first Stars à Domicile, the song all the kids were singing and dancing too right before Moi... Lolita came on was an English language song as well. I agree though, that takes courage for her to decide to use an English song as her audition!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:44 PM

Cooney I know you didn't mean anything negative by the comment, I was just merely saying what I observed
Old 03-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It can be difficult singing on pitch if you are not used to monitoring your voice and the music through headphones. Singing in the studio environment is different than singing live and I would think Alizée wasn't used to that yet, and probably a bit nervous. Regardless, you can tell she has a great voice.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh absolutely! I didn't mean that as an aspersion on her performance, which was excellent. It's merely a common mistake even among native language singers, that I imagine is amplified with the language barrier.

You bet!

Any time :-) The song would simply be a song she liked. It seems that American songs and artists are all over in France. There's one interview I remember where she names off artists she likes, and nearly all are Americans. Also, with her father and herself being big Madonna fans, she's no doubt used to it. I recall as well, on the first Stars à Domicile, the song all the kids were singing and dancing too right before Moi... Lolita came on was an English language song as well. I agree though, that takes courage for her to decide to use an English song as her audition!

Not at all, it wasnt an english song. As a matter of fact is from Basshunter.......he just took Warcraft sounds.