Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Apprendre le français

Old 04-10-2012, 03:57 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finpecia View Post
how do you do sir?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMistyRain View Post
Shouldn't we all? Lol, well not me, 'cause I'm part French anyway, hahaha Merci, je sais, se sent bien

I make gifs of her, check 'em out
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykreat View Post
how do you do?
Well welcome aboard to what "looks" to be new members.

PurpleMistyRain! Did you mean to post a link to your gifs?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
for me, it is just fun to learn french just to sing to Lilly's songs and her voice. to better understand her songs, the lyrics, and language. I do not speak fluent french, but I have come to know what she is saying during the songs.

I also am trying to learn the lyrics and words to her Rival 'Priscilla Prissou' who is another of my favorite french pop stars.

if it werent for Lilly and Prissie, I would have no use for french. But I think French is a very beautiful language, and wish i took it back in school.
One thing i've found helps me alot if i am having any difficulty pronouncing the word or hearing them is to slow the song down to half speed which you can do with many different players .
Old 06-07-2012, 07:51 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

I'm wondering how many of you had formal education of French language.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:42 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Yes. Third grade through 7th grade. I have long since forgotten it all.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:49 AM

I had 2 years of it way back in juniour high school. Most of it forgotten, but I took the time to learn at least 12 of Alizee's French songs and the schooling I did have was a tremendous help in understanding how a lot of their sentances are structured and a lot of the major verbs and prepositons and articles they use, quickly came back to me.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:25 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

If I could go back in time, I would have taken French instead of Spanish back in Junior High. Back then I always felt that French sounded "snobby" but ever since Lilly, I've found it to be a beautiful language. Sigh...so many things I would have done differently if I could do it over again.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 06-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
If I could go back in time, I would have taken French instead of Spanish back in Junior High. Back then I always felt that French sounded "snobby" but ever since Lilly, I've found it to be a beautiful language. Sigh...so many things I would have done differently if I could do it over again.
I actually think it's more beneficial to have an understanding of Spanish before tackling any other language.

It does a great job at introducing us Walmart-shopping Mare'cans to the concept of language actually having simple, logical rules.

Spanish: Words pronounced exactly how they're spelled, gender, sentence structure (Me llamo vs I am..), and you can get away with a horrible accent.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:31 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Yesterday I went to Alliance Française here in Kolkata. I asked them if I could enroll myself in intermediate course. When I told that whatever I learned till now was through online sources mostly, they suggested me to enroll in beginner course only.

One problem is that they don't allow you to join same course in some other city in case you move to different place. Next batch starts soon and I don't think I'll stay here for long time. What to do?
Old 06-13-2012, 01:08 AM

I took 2 years of French way back in junior high school. I also took a year of Russian. I think the most valuable experience you can get in trying to learn a new language is to try and get into a converation with someone who speaks the language well.

When I was in juniour high, it was required that we take a language course. I thought it was stupid that it was required and I put no effort into it. We had 5 terms in a school year back then. if you flunked 3 terms in any subject you had to repeat the year. I had never been close to flunking out in a course before. That year I flunked the first 2 terms. At the end of the 3rd term, all I needed was a 35% to pass the term on the last test. I didn't study and I got a 30. I was devestated. Afterwards, my French teacher took me aside and told me if I applied myself, he would give me a passing grade. I couldn't believe it. Well in those last 2 terms I busted my behind and did very well. I was even pissed because the last test of the year was cancelled and I lost the chance to bring my grade up to an A. The following year, I did very well.

In my many years on this earth, I had little chance to use it. I probably would have been much better off learnig Spanish because I was much more exposed to people who spoke that language, but then Alizee came along and I wished I had learned the language much better, but still, I tried to learn several of her songs and I found that what I had learned way back then, was of a tremendous help in learning her songs.

Still I find when I listen to an interview of hers, I can hardly understand a word, mainly because she talks so fast compared to when she sings. A song like Moi Lolita is sung at a slow deliberate pace. It's relatively easy to pick out the words. That's no so when she's having a conversation. So like I said, speaking conversational French with someone who speaks it well, is the best way of learning it.

If you've been studying hard at the language so far, I say skip that basic course that they suggest you take. I'm sure it's just will be a rehash of what you already know well. Take the next course and if necessary, if you run into a stumbling block, be prepared to do some research. Come here and I'm sure our Frech speaking members will do their best to help you out.

I've also heard there are some excellent computer programs for learning the language. I will do some more research on that and get back to you.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-13-2012 at 01:40 AM..
Old 06-06-2013, 03:14 PM

cotedazur is on a distinguished road

Have anyone of you any experience of Aix-en-Provence? I am thinking of study french over there this fall. How is the town?

Tags
alizee, french, jeam, jeremy, tour