Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 11-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Thankfully no-one cares about those laws when having sex. And there's very rarely anyone watching by and asking your age.

I wonder how many percentage of people has actually broken those sex laws. It must be pretty huge number, like 80% or something like that.

Here the child/adult limit is 18 like in most of the world. But people between 16 and 18 can have sex with each other. But it's very typical that ages 14 or 15 has sex with anyone below 18, sometimes even up to 20 or so. And 16 to 18 years old has sex with over 18 years old all the time.

It's like drinking... Basically it's illegal under 18 but still people goes to bar at 16, and some starts drinking as early as 13 (the age when you move to junior high (grades 7 to 9)).

Last edited by RMJ; 11-11-2006 at 07:14 PM..
Old 11-11-2006, 07:10 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Yes, if you are within 36 months of age.
3 year olds gettin it on... Who the hell thought of that one?

Quote:
I wonder how many percentage of people has actually broken those sex laws. It must be pretty huge number, like 80% or something like that.
80%? so you think 80% of people, on their 18th birthday and in the US, have had sex with someone over 18? I doubt even 80% of people turning 18 are non-virgins..

Maybe like 40% of people are breaking that law, at best (or worst, whichever way you want to look at it).

Last edited by HibyPrime; 11-11-2006 at 07:19 PM..
Old 11-11-2006, 07:14 PM
silver bullet

neoteny is on a distinguished road

the age of sexual consent here in florida is actually 16 for adults under 24. i always found that a little disturbing.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:22 PM
You actually read these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoteny View Post
the age of sexual consent here in florida is actually 16 for adults under 24. i always found that a little disturbing.
uhh...

very disturbing.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
Are there any federal guidelines on that? It's also something that seems to vary by state.
It does vary by state. 36 months in just kind of the average, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
3 year olds gettin it on... Who the hell thought of that one?
Err, I think you misunderstood me :-P It isn't talking about 3 year olds, it's talking about people who are no more than 3 years different in age. IE, 15 year old with 18 year old, 14 year old with 17 year old.

Oi, we've really gotten tangeted here! I'm still trying to think what question they would have asked where she would reply no, because here in the US we have a 21 y/o age of majority, whereas France has 18. i'm still only coming up with stuff related to drinking.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:35 PM
You actually read these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Err, I think you misunderstood me :-P It isn't talking about 3 year olds, it's talking about people who are no more than 3 years different in age. IE, 15 year old with 18 year old, 14 year old with 17 year old.

Oi, we've really gotten tangeted here! I'm still trying to think what question they would have asked where she would reply no, because here in the US we have a 21 y/o age of majority, whereas France has 18. i'm still only coming up with stuff related to drinking.
well that makes more sence now.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:42 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
80%? so you think 80% of people, on their 18th birthday and in the US, have had sex with someone over 18?
I can't say about the US but RMJ's 80% estimation wouldn't shock me at all at least in France. I mean people on their 18th birthday having had sex with a 19 or 21 years old friend...
Old 11-11-2006, 07:51 PM
You actually read these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
I can't say about the US but RMJ's 80% estimation wouldn't shock me at all at least in France. I mean people on their 18th birthday having had sex with a 19 or 21 years old friend...
I'm basing my knowledge on most of the US being very similar to Canada (the cities in canada anyway). I don't know if that applies here, but I wouldn't say any more than ~1/2 of the people here have had sex by the time they are 18.

You can look at a highschool when everyone leaves and literally pick out the people who have had sex, it's actually quite easy.

Now once they turn 18 and get into college, thats another story...
Old 11-11-2006, 09:04 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

i would say 80% of US kids have had sex by the time they are 18. Hell, where I am from about 50% of the girls have kids before they graduate. But I grew up in a rural area.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:32 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

If you want disturbing, why the government is planning on changing these laws to protect minors from sexual predators, in Canada you can have sex as young as 12 if you are under the age of 14 (2 years law), after that the age of consent is 14, and there is no age restrictions or statutory rape laws, you just can't be an authority figure (ie coach, teacher, etc). So when the RCMP caught a 40 or so man from Texas trying to lure a 14 year old to go to his hotel room all they could do was make him leave the country, and that would have included had they caught him after the fact. It is also why some American lawyers try and get judges to send convicted sexual predators from the US to Canada instead of jail because what they did isn't currently illegal in Canada, but Canada usually stops the ones sent at the border. I was curious about why the government was so anxious to change the law so I looked it up. Apparently you reach physical adult hood between 12 and 16, so in 1867 when Canada was formed they thought 14 was a good age to set the age of consent at. But times have changed and studies have shown that psychologically people handle becoming sexually active a lot better when they are older. Here is a map and I don't care if they need to be married or not but 9!
Age of Consent
What the hell did this thread start out about...
EDIT: Another article said that the age of consent of 14 was set in 1890 being raised from the original 12, but currently the biggest opposition to the new bill comes from homosexuals because you still need to be 18 to legally have anal sex in the new bill (though lesbians can become sexually active at 14). The new bill will also set age an age limit of 5 years for adults having sex with minors. This is way more than I needed to know.

Last edited by Twitch; 11-11-2006 at 10:05 PM..