Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-23-2010, 09:51 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
Did it ever occur to anyone that her body just might not replicate JEAM maneuvers like before when she had them teen hips?
Dude, she's only 25. You make it sound like she's 55! LOL
Old 04-23-2010, 10:12 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

She had a child, but she looks in as good shape as the JEAM era. If she had gained weight, we would have seen it in her legs. We haven't seen her stomach lately, so maybe she doesn't have thos amazing abs. But I doubt she has gained enough that she physically can't dance. That implication is utterly ubsurd. If anything, she seemed thinner upon her Psych comeback than the MCÉ. Well, not thinner, more slender. Especially her face, it was very evident in her nose and cheeks that she lost a few pounds in her absence. That wieght loss (according to Cosmo, which I read one afternoon, bored on the toilet at my mom's, a fairly interesting read) usually occurs when woman get married, and even moreso after a child. Perfectally normal.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Ok guys I think we should stray away from talking about her body....that subject gets threads closed Although her body is the same....But I didn't notice how small and petite she really is until she started wearing jackets with no broad shoulders....its weird but hot

Une Fille Difficile has the greatest electro of the album and reminds me of the songs that go on the end of japanese video games(Star Fox,Super Smash Bros. Melee, etc.)
Old 04-23-2010, 11:32 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
You don't honestly want to reduce her to one song and dance, do you?
It would really be pathetic if all there is about her is the JEAM dance.
If this were the case, i won't be a fan.

And no, you can't copy and repeat things endlessly and expect them to be successful.
It's true, she is a small artist now and on the verge of being underground, but this is obviously the way she wants to go.
It's not all about fame and being a mega star.
She knows that other things in life are more important, and i respect her for it.
As for the album, she deliberately did things different here despite the risks involved. It might not have the big mass appeal (at least not in france it seems), but she has proven that she is a real artist and not just a pretty girl who knows how to shake her hips.

I get the sense that she is looking to be a performer even more than a singer. Also, she is vary carefully (and successfully) building her credentials to this end.

She loves being in front of an audience, and so I think we will see her in more roles and in more places over time. Some will be just her on stage while others will be part of group productions.

The important thing is that she seems to have "found her feet" and is getting traction in her chosen path. Whether or not this (very good) album is a true hit in France, I think her momentum is clearly upward.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:19 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Yes. "Une enfant du siècle" is a masterpiece. Alizée at her best!
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 04-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Corsican beauty

Ange is on a distinguished road

what did the cosmo article say?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:21 AM

Aron14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
Yes. "Une enfant du siècle" is a masterpiece. Alizée at her best!
I'll have to go with Jalen and say that I disagree. I have been asking myself more and more whether I would have become an Alizée fan if the only album I heard was UEdS. I have concluded that I might have liked a few songs and put them on my MP3, but nothing more. Another interesting question would be to consider how different Alizée America would be if there was no "oldschool" Alizée. Would we still have threads such as "Her abs", and would we still have so many young members? It might be that I am simply not mature enough to appreciate her new image; perhaps her old image is simply bound to appeal more to people my age.
Most people I show Alizée's former music to say they love it, but lose most of their enthusiasm after seeing Les Collines and hearing other UEdS songs. I was surprised that our community, which had immersed itself so much in all aspects of her previous work, was not surprised or disappointed after such a dramatic turn. I wasn't around when Psychédélices was discussed, what was the general reaction to that?
I honestly feel bad when writing posts like this. I wish I liked the new Alizée as much as the old one. But I guess "de gustibus non est disputandum", not even with yourself. I still enjoy the new album, I just don't think it's a masterpiece, or that it is Alizée at her best.
The most intriguing question of all is what the future will hold. After Psychédélices, I (and I suppose many others) thought that the real Alizée finally surfaced, and could thus predict her style in the future. I couldn't have been more wrong. Perhaps the most realistic adjective to describe our beloved Alizée is no longer "cute", "hot", "mesmerizing" or any other of the myriads I have encountered, but something much more secretive and exciting: "unpredictable". Standing beside an artist like that truly makes a strong statement about the dedication, willpower and strength of Alizée America.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

When I listen to all 4 albums, I think Alizée has done her part consistently well. The first 2 albums were much about a character she played that was created by Mylene and seemed to have universal appeal. And that was a good thing. It got Alizée on the map. The character she put forth in the Psych era kind of missed the mark, I think, but the music was still good in my opinion. Now with the new album, I think she is back on track with the character she has put forth. It is one of an artist who has matured beyond image and is dedicated to the proposition of producing art for art's sake. I think she is now a true artist in her own right. Of course the problem is that this process of evolution can cause her to lose fans, maybe more than she will gain in new fans. Much of it now hinges on people's taste in music rather than a character or image she portrays. Yes, I think Alizée is cute, sexy and all those other adjectives that are usually used to describe her physical appearance. But I have always been focused first on the music, maybe because I am a musician myself.

For me, I have found each one of these iterations compelling and I have enjoyed all the music. I realize this will not be true for everyone, and that's OK. People know what they like and don't like, and it doesn't necessarily have to do with good art versus bad art. Fortunately for me, I continue to enjoy her music and I really do like UEdS.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:13 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Well I'm not going to try to change anyone's view on this. I can only speak for myself and my own taste. But it's quite possible the reason for some reactions is influenced by the fact that we're still comparing her to the old image and music. Which is in the past, she's not catering for the same fans she had then. She's in a different gender of music now, I can definitely see a relation of this album and her previous and it has nothing to do with her first two.

Yes I too loved her MCE era, but I also like her new album for it's own merit and not because I compare them. I mean I listen to a lot of other artist that are not in the happy bubbly gender, like Emilie Simon, Coralie Clement, Sam Neves, Mylene Farmer, Nolwenn Leroy, Jenifer Bartoli, Najoua Belyzel, Lola Dutronic which is also a mix of electronica. The list goes on, and I like them all for their own taste and feel.

It's ok if you don't like the new album, and it's quite ok if you do. It's also ok if you only like some of it, and everyone should be ok with that. But to expect her to cater to your own taste is a little selfish and ridiculous. If I have learned anything from all these comments it's that people like different things, who should she cater to then ?? She's doing what she wants to do, and how she wants to do it.

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 04-24-2010 at 03:50 PM..
Old 04-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I think that all 4 albums have been very consistent also...I mean the first 2 were awesome because there was about 15-20 solid songs and about 5 "OH MY GOODNESS SHE IS AMAZING!!!" songs....And there were also what...30 songs combined on here first 2 albums including the MCE International songs? It just made her so easy to like back then with her good looks and vast amount of amazing and "easy to get hooked on for any age" songs.

With Psych and UEDS I'd have to say they hit the spot on the style of music today. Psych is the sort of mainstream pop and UEDS is the funky, trippy, mesmerizingly secretive electro. I really think none of the albums can be compared to others since they were made for different people. So we all like and dislike some. But it just so happens that I love all 4 alot