Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj View Post
Why u sulking lol, Well not luck, just skill thats what u call tactics and opening up ehhe. Se Ali i told u Germany will win .
It's probably because I played with a guy like that in highschool. He would do nothing but stand in the middle of the box and put in deflected shots and passes. He was tall like Klose but had no speed, acceleration, or balls skills. He only had one good year though before his luck ran out and he ended up having to try out for goalie.

Anyway I hope Spain considers the idea of maybe marking Klose. Yeah I know it's an unheard of idea but hey, anything is possible.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:04 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
Klose is so incredibly lucky. At least half his goals come from standing in the box or making a run into the box while everybody else does the work and places the ball perfectly for him.
It's luck if it only happens once or twice. When it happens on a regular basis, it's skill. It's all about anticipation and reading the play and finding seams in the defense to exploit.

Filippo Inzaghi is the same. Not particularly fast, not the hardest shot, not particularly fancy with the footwork. But their football "awareness" is excellent. Some players just have a knack for being in the right place at the right time.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
It's luck if it only happens once or twice. When it happens on a regular basis, it's skill. It's all about anticipation and reading the play and finding seams in the defense to exploit.

Filippo Inzaghi is the same. Not particularly fast, not the hardest shot, not particularly fancy with the footwork. But their football "awareness" is excellent. Some players just have a knack for being in the right place at the right time.
You can have all the awareness in the world but if you don't have anybody to consistently get you the ball the goals won't be there. Klose has a very good team around him. He is a finisher and not a creator. He is reliant on the skill of his team/coaches before he can be effective.

In every sport there are players who reap benefits from those around them just as there are players who have their careers destroyed by the lack of talent around them. If you are on a horrible team there aren't many right places and rarely a right time.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

I have two words: Heil Germany! This has got to be one of the most embarrassing defeats for Argentina. I agree with Srbski it has nothing to do with luck, it's pure tactics. Mardonna has none, he ran up against a coach (Loew) who is a master tactician, not only that, they ran up against an organized, disciplined defense. Argentina trashing opponents in the earlier stages was just hot air, they were weak opponents to begin with, Nigeria, Greece, South Korea, etc. Just to show how disorganized Argentina was towards the end of the game when Schweinsteiger made the run into the box to set up the third goal it was Hiquain who was in the back trying to stop him. I mean freaking Hiquain, a striker! Where was the defenders that was supposed to be at the back marking Schweinsteiger. Mardonna needs to go, just because you are one of the greatests players doesn't mean you make a great coach. Just like Dunga who used to captain Brazil, quit after they lost to Holland, Maradona needs to also. Lastly this guy has no class, he was starting an altercation with German fans after the game. This guy acts like Mike Tyson (on and off the field), when he loses a hyped up, major fight, just like the Holyfield Vs Tyson fight he creates a scene, just like Maradona, can't beat an opponent on the pitch where it counts so pick a fight where it doesn't.

I guess there are people in the world who doesn't learn from their mistakes four years on. USA lost to Ghana in '06, Mexico lost to Argentina at the same stage 4 years ago, and Argentina lost to Germany in the same stage four years ago. At least USA put up a good fight and took the game to extra time, Argentina mean while got worse. I mean for crying out loud, you guys had 4 freaking years to improve and avenge your loss to the same team, nothing has changed! Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

Anyways, I think Spain is the only team that could beat Germany. I think whoever, wins the Germany vs Spain game is going to win the World Cup. Frankly, even though Spain beat Germany in Euro 08 final I am not sure they could beat them this time. Even though I am not a fan of Germany I actually like watching this team, it plays with flair and speed that I have not seen in previous German sides. Germany typically doesn't have that many fans outside it's country unlike Argentina or Brazil does but a lot of people are starting to like Germany because of the way this team plays. I still hope that a team that hasn't won a World Cup like Spain and Holland win this one. This World Cup blows, all the teams I rooted for are out by the semis, this has never happened to me.

Last edited by Ali; 07-05-2010 at 02:27 AM..
Old 07-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

yeah Ali same here man lol, but the thing I like Germany the most is because the strikers they are almost right next to the goaly but are not shooting, and are passing the ball for others to score. Better have a goal then a miss in my opinion. U can see it in the Argentinian game, same with the English game, and with the Australian game.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Spain Netherlands Final... still dont kno who to root for..
Old 07-07-2010, 05:22 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I have two words: Heil Germany!
I guess that should be a compliment but to say it that way wasn't the best idea...

Germany lost... Spain were just too strong... and we were a bit to shy today.. but I have to admit I was pretty sure that the germans would win, I mean they played such a great worldcup at all...

I hope we'll get 3rd... like 2006... 3rd place isn't the 1st but to finish the worldcup with a win is better than to loose the last game..
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 07-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

I only seen some of the games. The game that was really disapointing was when Mexico went up against France. I couldn't belieave the French lost against a team that wasn't so good in the past but I was glad the mexicans won

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Hehe, told you guys, "Spain is the only country that can beat Germany". I think Spain deserved to win, they controlled the game from the beginning while Germany relied on counter-attacks, while that may be effective but against a good defense with Pique, Puyol, it's hard to score. As an Arsenal fan I always liked teams that attacks something that both Arsenal and Barcelona does instead of teams who just sits back and waits for a counter. If you attack it shows that you are here to win. I happy for Spain, they had long and painful history of underachieving, I never figured out how a country that has won 12 Champions League between Real Madrid and Barcelona has never managed to win a World Cup, especially a country that is fairly big compared to other powerhouses that have won a World Cup like France and Germany. Even though, I am rooting for Holland but I think Spain will win because Holland's defense is not as strong as Germany's, they will definitely get scored on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
I guess that should be a compliment but to say it that way wasn't the best idea...
Relax..You guys had a fantastic tournament. You guys should be proud of yourselves. This is the second youngest team in the World Cup which means that Germany has many years of success ahead of them. It's very very hard to reach the semifinal of a World Cup 3 consecutive times.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
With the tournament being held in South Africa, here are some interesting points to consider:

-There have been 18 World Cups played to date. All champions have come from either Europe or South America (9 wins each).
-The tournament has been held in Europe 10 times. All but one (1958) were won by European teams.
-The tournament has been held in South America 4 times. All 4 were won by South American teams.
-Of the 4 tournaments held in "neutral" continents (i.e. not Europe or SA), All 4 have been won by South American teams, 3 of those by Brazil.
-Put another way, no European team has ever won the World Cup outside of Europe.

These stats won't necessarily have any relevance to this year, but they are interesting nonetheless.
So, it looks like a European team will now win the World Cup for the first time outside of Europe.

Tags
fifa, france, soccer