Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-02-2018, 03:40 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Where is Alizee headed from here?

It was an interesting several months. I think earlier this year, most of her fans felt her singing days were at an end then out of the blue, the concert in Warsaw was announced, followed shortly by the proposed appearnces in Mexico that eventually fizzled out but just before that, hopes sprang eternal that Alizee was resuming her singing career.

So the concert in Warsaw went well and we were really getting our hopes up, but then the appearances in Mexico fell through and there was I think a crash in our hopes, feeling that this was just a small spike on the graph and we are back where we were with nothing on the horizon as far as more singing appearances, not even Les Enfoires and even the dance work shops seem to be dying out.

I think with this crash in our expectations, it's going to be a long winter. It would be nice if Alizee would throw us a bone. Is there anything in her future, outside of the dance studio?
Old 12-02-2018, 02:46 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Is there anything in her future, outside of the dance studio?
And what's up with her "Moi, Alizee" youtube channel???

A few months back, she announced that her MFLB stuff was being released on Itunes, spotify, etc. I think that's when the "Moi, Alizee" youtube channel was created.

As of right now, it looks like all of the tracks from Gourmandies and MCE are up on the "Moi, Alizee" channel. Recently, all of En Concert has been posted there in high quality.

Its like she's giving away everything for free on youtube. WTF?!?!?!?

(I don't think that she herself is running the "moi, alizee" channel. Its the record company, or something.)
Old 12-02-2018, 03:18 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
And what's up with her "Moi, Alizee" youtube channel???

A few months back, she announced that her MFLB stuff was being released on Itunes, spotify, etc. I think that's when the "Moi, Alizee" youtube channel was created.

As of right now, it looks like all of the tracks from Gourmandies and MCE are up on the "Moi, Alizee" channel. Recently, all of En Concert has been posted there in high quality.

Its like she's giving away everything for free on youtube. WTF?!?!?!?

(I don't think that she herself is running the "moi, alizee" channel. Its the record company, or something.)
Good question
An alizeeofficiel channel with 108.000 subs also exists. Why not uploading all videos there?
If the channel is moneytized, she and who owns the copyright ( Who is it right now)? makes some money. The channel already has 10.148.055 views

Last edited by kulli; 12-02-2018 at 03:36 PM..
Old 12-02-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
Good question
An alizeeofficiel channel with 108.000 subs also exists. Why not uploading all videos there?
If the channel is moneytized, she and who owns the copyright ( Who is it right now)? makes some money. The channel already has 10.148.055 views
"Moi, Alizee" is her MFLB stuff. "Alizeeofficiel" looks like her solo (i.e. non-MFLB) stuff. Its under different copyright, I suppose.

You mention 'monetized'-- so maybe she/MFLB get ad revenue from the Moi, Alizee channel-- so maybe they make enough money to justify posting all the music and videos. ???
Old 12-02-2018, 04:39 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"Moi, Alizee" is her MFLB stuff. "Alizeeofficiel" looks like her solo (i.e. non-MFLB) stuff. Its under different copyright, I suppose.

You mention 'monetized'-- so maybe she/MFLB get ad revenue from the Moi, Alizee channel-- so maybe they make enough money to justify posting all the music and videos. ???
Yes, I suppose so, but like you said
uploading all the music videos for free, like you said and offer them at the same time on I-tunes does not make really sense. Maybe the sales on itunes were to low or have dropped and now they are trying to make money from youtube.

Last edited by kulli; 12-02-2018 at 04:44 PM..
Old 12-03-2018, 07:38 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Alizee needs an agent to find her gigs to sing. If she has one, he/she is not doing a good job. If she doesn't have one, then creating an email address for bookings and expecting people to beat on her door wanting her to sing won't do it. As far as the Warsaw concert, stephan said it wasn't well advertised.

First things first, Alizee needs to keep her word and play Mexico, since it fell through and told her Mexican fans she will do so in the future. If she doesn't do that, her reputation points will take a severe beating.

It's unfortunate Alizee won't be doing LE 2019. Her bread and butter should be her own backyard, France, and she needs to keep visible. I'm glad that she is happy living in Ajaccio, but as the saying goes, "out of sight, out of mind". Mylene can afford to not appear in Les Enfoires and live a reclusive, private life, but Alizee cannot.

Lorie has remained relevant by making regular public appearances. She also is a frequent poster on FaceBook, often promoting some non-political causes. Alizee saying something to the public besides posting selfies with hashtags would go a long way.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-03-2018 at 09:20 AM..
Old 12-05-2018, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Alizee needs an agent to find her gigs to sing. If she has one, he/she is not doing a good job. If she doesn't have one, then creating an email address for bookings and expecting people to beat on her door wanting her to sing won't do it.
I almost get the impression that Alizee doesn't want to be a pop star anymore.

I still don't understand why she doesn't go into acting--- after all, she was a theater rat in school, wasn't she? Maybe do a French TV series, or something.

A TV series would be a time commitment--- showing up on set 5 day a week, etc. But so would any serious attempt at restarting her musical career.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Alizee needs an agent to find her gigs to sing. If she has one, he/she is not doing a good job
Cowboy, I was thinking the same thing. My knowledge of Alizée's career and business relationships is so limited, I figured I just didn't know enough to comment. But I certainly believe that she needs an agent who will also be a good PR manager. She has so much ability and potential--there are many avenues in the entertainment industry that she could explore. With her background she could be a judge on one of the reality talent shows--singing or dancing. That's just one example that comes to mind. She has great screen presence and is supremely photogenic. In the meantime, as you said, it is so important that she "keep visible." There are many relatively easy ways she could remain in the public eye. I sure hope she will consider these things. At the very least, it gives her options down the road.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
My knowledge of Alizée's career and business relationships is so limited, I figured I just didn't know enough to comment.
I understand how you would feel this way, because I was new here once. I hesitated posting certain comments and questions until a member (can't remember who) told me there are no dumb questions or comments here, then I started firing away! Everybody was generous with answers, so I would predict the same for you (and any other new members reading this feeling the same way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
She has great screen presence and is supremely photogenic.
Very true. There are very few "bad" pictures of her. Half of the pictures of me have my eyes closed, the other half they are halfway closed. Finding a picture where my eyes are open and not blinking is like finding a treasure.

Edit:

Quote:
I almost get the impression that Alizee doesn't want to be a pop star anymore.
I think Alizee has thus far missed out on what I believe was one of her dreams in life, and that is to have a house full of children. Like three or four. There is some reason to believe that after Annily was born, she would have been perfectly content not singing again and pursuing other things, like raising a family.

Quote:
I still don't understand why she doesn't go into acting--- after all, she was a theater rat in school, wasn't she? Maybe do a French TV series, or something.
She has done a few things acting, and I think she is a natural.

She has been on a game show. She was a participant in a French celebrity baking competition, which ran multiple weeks with an elimination every week. Incidentally, she won the competition.

Here is a clip of her playing a baby-sitter on some guest appearance in a French TV show. I loaded it on my Google drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zx...WbbyFaGpcFjs2w

Also, some various clips of her when she was a guest of some show (unknown).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13g...OrZ3XeNV_UNIWT

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-05-2018 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I understand how you would feel this way, because I was new here once. I hesitated posting certain comments and questions until a member (can't remember who) told me there are no dumb questions or comments here, then I started firing away! Everybody was generous with answers, so I would predict the same for you (and any other new members reading this feeling the same way).
Thanks, Cowboy! I appreciate those encouraging words!

This conversation has started me thinking a lot about what it means to be an entertainer/celebrity. I never thought of it this way, but it really is a meandering, unpredictable, unclear and convoluted process! I think I always looked at it like you were either a successful singer/actor/performer or not...or at least that the measurement of your success was based on some kind of understandable scale. But when you think about it with regard to one person, Alizée, it becomes clear that it is not at all that simple. It's not a career that follows a predetermined or predictable path. It is not even a career that remains in one discipline--singing, acting, dancing are all very different, and I think the differences are greater than the differences found within most professions. So what does this mean for Alizée's professional future? I think she has to decide what, specifically, matters most to her—to define what it is that gives her life a sense of purpose and meaning. Is it fame--no matter in what entertainment form that is attained? Is it making a living from dancing? Is it performance for the performance's sake--in other words, is it the live audience experience that stimulates her and gives her a sense of personal and artistic satisfaction? Or, as you mention, is it possible she is going to choose to concentrate on raising a family at this point in her life?
There have been many performers and artists who have taken a break from the spotlight, and then successfully returned to it. Could Alizée be one of those people? I believe she does have that indefinable quality called "star power." Naturally, she needs to make wise business choices, but I can see her being fully capable of taking some time off and then returning to a successful public career.
As someone who enjoys Alizée's work, however, I selfishly would like to see her continue to produce it at least to some extent. I also think it would be helpful to her when she is ready for an eventual "comeback." Perhaps guest appearances on shows, as has been mentioned, and the occasional concert--even in smaller venues. Getting involved in charitable-type performances might be something she could consider too. Or an ongoing online presence, at the very least. And so we are back to what you originally said. She needs a good agent who can help her figure out not only what she wants, but how best to accomplish it.