Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 10-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
That's unfair criticism. If you don't like other stuff then don't check those files. Why bother about that?

This hub promotes sharing of music videos especially from female singers.

New address is girlpop.hopto.me

Alizée is still main singer on that hub because that's where all this started. But now it's not limited to Alizée only.
I think this is for the best. The hub is filled with great music and other stuff you otherwise might never even give a chance, just like Zée
Old 10-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road
Smile

A bit of a history lesson: the Alizée Hub has NEVER been an "Alizée only" hub. It is, always has been, and always WILL welcome singers from all over the globe. If all you want is Alizée, then I'm fine with that. Then just download Alizée from me as you are doing right at this moment. It's easy: her name begins with "A" so you can ignore everything else below that name.

The Hub is supported by a bunch of great people who populate the hub day in, day out, for weeks and months and sometimes years. When I broadened the scope in 2006 to include Asian pop singers too, we hit gold: 80% of all j-pop stars are female, so they fit right in.... and what a loyal group of fans they were! They are a major component of the core group of the hub and they are sharing what they got with great generosity: whether it is Alizee, or Girls' Generation, or Ren & Stimpy (I'm puzzled about the last one myself - lol).

Not meaning to hurt anyone's feelings, but Alizée's television appearances have become few and far between in the last several years. If I was to set such restrictive policies as making it an "Alizée only" hub then the next time you need some Alizée media after not visiting the hub for months (as many Alizee fans do), there might not be an Alizée Hub to go back to.

Just giving you something to think about.

P.S. I just asked the guy who was sharing the Ren and Stimpy file to remove it. In the future, it would be best to contact me directly through the hub's messaging system about a file that may not be suitable for the hub. That way I can deal with it right away and not read about it in some random forum post.

Thanks.

Last edited by digimaze; 10-10-2011 at 11:38 PM..
Old 10-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

I like the hub....

Old 10-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
I like the hub....
...and the hub likes you right back!
Old 12-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Default Happy Holidays from the Alizee Hub

Merry Christmas Everyone! To thank you for your support of the hub over the past year, I've uploaded this special holiday performance:

Girls' Generation - All I Want for Christmas Is You (MBC Christmas Fairytale 2011.12.25).ts

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8XAL1HZI

-- a wonderful performance of this Mariah Carey classic by what I think is the best girl group around.

This file is also in my DC++ share. --enjoy and a very Happy Holidays to One and All!

digi
Old 12-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

I did a downthemall on a web site full of alizee animated gifs!!!!

PM me if any of you want me to bean them all to you through the HUB! I think it's like 4 Gigs or so...

Old 12-26-2011, 04:30 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimaze View Post
Merry Christmas Everyone! To thank you for your support of the hub over the past year, I've uploaded this special holiday performance:

Girls' Generation - All I Want for Christmas Is You (MBC Christmas Fairytale 2011.12.25).ts

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8XAL1HZI

-- a wonderful performance of this Mariah Carey classic by what I think is the best girl group around.

This file is also in my DC++ share. --enjoy and a very Happy Holidays to One and All!

digi
Thanks, digimaze. I want to take this opportunity to let you know that I'm going to be in n out of the hub. I've been having problems with my computer (ISP, virus, HDD, etc.) I resolved the virus issue but still having problems with other stuff. But like I said, I plan on being there for a long time, not just the required 30-day re-sharing period. It is a great site and I truly appreciate what you guys have been doing there and I want to be part of that. My Alizee collections have grown more than ten-fold because of the hub. I've got some other stuff from there as well. So, again, I just want to apologize if you don't see me there everyday, or see my connection drop every now and then.

Edit: File temporarily unavailable.

Last edited by Jake04; 12-26-2011 at 04:39 PM..
Old 12-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Thanks, digimaze. I want to take this opportunity to let you know that I'm going to be in n out of the hub. I've been having problems with my computer (ISP, virus, HDD, etc.) I resolved the virus issue but still having problems with other stuff. But like I said, I plan on being there for a long time, not just the required 30-day re-sharing period. It is a great site and I truly appreciate what you guys have been doing there and I want to be part of that. My Alizee collections have grown more than ten-fold because of the hub. I've got some other stuff from there as well. So, again, I just want to apologize if you don't see me there everyday, or see my connection drop every now and then.

Edit: File temporarily unavailable.
The file is available now. I just checked. Or just grab it from me at the hub.

Yes we are all suffering the consequences of internet metering (which limits how much you can download each month) and the spring floods in Thailand (where nearly 90% of all hdd's are manufactured).

Hard drives are sort of the "coin of the realm" in the world of hubs and music clip collecting. Though 1 and 2 TB drives have doubled -- and in some cases tripled -- in price, the BIGGER drives (3TB) haven't if you need one right away. Otherwise, you can expect prices to drop and stablize in Spring.

The best bet, and cheapest way is to install an internal drive rather than opting for an external drive. Internal drives tend to last longer too: any storage medium that is being powered by the same plastic brick you see on a $59 router is gonna be prone to damage every time there is a surge or brownout at your home.

Naturally, we are a "full service hub" so if any of you need advice on increasing your storage capacity of your computer or need some quick tech support, we are a good place to stop by and ask a few questions. The only requirements are that you are a registered member of the hub and a fan of Alizee.

Finally, the only person I expect to be at the hub 24/7 is ME.

Best of luck to all of you struggling through these difficult times and I'll see you all at the hub!

digi
Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 AM

Finnishguy is on a distinguished road

What's the problem?

I started to use DC again, but I don't know what goes wrong. Just, I go to that hub, well, it takes 2-3 min and I gets kick off. And if I try to search something when I'm connected, I find nothing.
Not very nice to install DC only to notice that it doesn't works...

And sharing can't be problem, I think.
I've make some mistake?
Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnishguy View Post
What's the problem?

I started to use DC again, but I don't know what goes wrong. Just, I go to that hub, well, it takes 2-3 min and I gets kick off. And if I try to search something when I'm connected, I find nothing.
Not very nice to install DC only to notice that it doesn't works...

And sharing can't be problem, I think.
I've make some mistake?
Try installing the new update. I know they updated their software a couple pf months ago. See if that helps.

Tags
alizee hub