Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-30-2007, 05:10 AM
On the Probulator

c-dawg777 is on a distinguished road
Default How much would you pay for Alizee?

I wasn't sure which thread to list this, but it is about Lili's cd's so I guess it can go here...

Anywho, I found a few of these original cd's on a website. They are unopened and in mint condition or your money back...so they say. And, I was just wondering what your peoples oppinion on how much they're worth would be to you. How much would you pay? I want to see if you guys and gals would pay what they're asking for them. Remember these are photos of the actuall covers. Here are a few of the more rare cd's they had, and the actual captions with them.

1.) A Contre-Courant (2003 French Polydor label 1-track promotional-only CD housed inside a sexy 8" square pink hardback book-style pack, featuring a superb purple-tinted picture of Alizée on the front and the same picture but with pink tint on the inside!).

2.) Mes Courants Electriques (2003 Japanese Polydor Issue 12-track promotional sample CD album issued to radio stations and reviewers ahead of actual release date to promote the album release, including the bonus recording Mon Bain De Mousse -English Version, with custom stamped inner rim of disc and unique stickered obi-strip, complete with picture sleeve and fold-out lyric sheet).

3.) Mes Courants Electriques Sampler (RARE 2003 Taiwanese official Universal issue promotional only 10-track CD issued to promote the album release, featuring remix versions of 'Moi Lolita', 'J'en Ai Marre' ans 'I'm Fed Up', presented in superb 8"x 5" custom fold out pack with stunning photos and CD housed on die-cut insert! Catalogue number AZ0301).

Alright there they are go ahead and name the price!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:58 AM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

The price I would pay would depend upon if I could trust the source and authenticate the authenticity of the item. I've seen a lot of scammers on eBay, for example, one even selling a special double CD of Alizee's music. One of the CDs, indeed, listed her songs. The other CD listed songs that I've never heard of. I sent the seller question asking him about the 2nd CD and never received a response. Of course, he couldn't respond because it was obviously a fake. So again, it depends upon who the seller is, his reputation, his history of backing up his claims. A guarantee isn't worth the paper it's written on if the seller magically disappears after he gets your money. I've heard of that happening more times than I would care to imagine, it even happened to me... a few times. You live and learn.

Over the last 2 years, directly and indirectly, because of Alizee I've spend approx. $15,000. on her or on French related things. This, of course, includes my very expensive 1st trip to Paris back in 2005. So I wouldn't blink twice at the price of genuine authenticated Alizee memorabilia if it were in my price range. But only if I really wanted it. If you really, really want something then price can only be a deterrent, not a road block. Of course, if you're a high-schooler with no money... then (in a New York accent) Yo! Forget about it!!!!

Last edited by guldebrett; 01-30-2007 at 06:09 AM..
Old 01-30-2007, 06:10 AM
On the Probulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guldebrett View Post
The price I would pay would depend upon if I could trust the source and authenticate the authenticity of the item. I've seen a lot of scammers on eBay, for example, one even selling a special double CD of Alizee's music. One of the CDs, indeed, listed her songs. The other CD listed songs that I've never heard of. I sent the seller question asking him about the 2nd CD and never received a response. Of course, he couldn't respond because it was obviously a fake. So again, it depends upon who the seller is, his reputation, his history of backing up his claims. A guarantee isn't worth the paper it's written on if the seller magically disappears after he gets your money. I've heard of that happening more times than I would care to imagine, it even happened to me... a few times. You live and learn.

Over the last 2 years, directly and indirectly, because of Alizee I've spend approx. $15,000. on her or on French related things. This, of course, includes my very expensive 1st trip to Paris back in 2005. So I wouldn't blink twice at the price of genuine authenticated Alizee memorabilia if it were in my price range. But only if I really wanted it. If you really, really want something then price can only be a deterrent, not a road block. Of course, if you're a high-schooler with no money... then forget about it!!!!
Eh hem...*cough. This source is extremely reliable and it is not ebay. They are a worldwide company that sells only authetic merchandise. I just want to know what you think the real deal is worth. Thats all. And the doubles are not just Alizee however they are authentic... For example there is a best hits of Alizee that comes with a Celine Dion cd as well thus the songs would appear to be made up if you've never heard Celine Dions CRAP.

Last edited by c-dawg777; 01-30-2007 at 06:15 AM..
Old 01-30-2007, 06:13 AM
Gone to Alaska

Sounds like you may want to buy and then resell. If I'm right then Good job! Nothin' wrong with that, it's the American way. You'd make a great eBayer.

To find out what the product is worth, I would have to go to eBay and look for what such items have sold for in the past. That would give me a ballpark figure to start with. I couldn't just throw out a figure blindly, I would have to investigate first. Although some scammers are on eBay, some people are the real deal and are very honest.

edit:

A while back I purchased the domain name "Jenalor" which contains some of the letters in the names of my favorite singers. In this case, Jenifer, Natasha, Alizee, Lorie But not in the order of my preference. You see, Aljelona just didn't sound as cool. I also own Jenizée for obvious reasons, then I found out it was a name used in the 1800's. Maybe one day I'll put these domains to use.

I know.. corney but I like'em!

Last edited by guldebrett; 01-30-2007 at 07:08 AM..
Old 01-30-2007, 06:25 AM
On the Probulator

Dude you're over thinking this one a little too much... think of it as a game... if you know about the rarity of these cd's, I just want to know what they'd be worth to YOU. K? Just a guess at the price! I've bought stuff from these people before, I know how much the cds are really going for, they are true to their word. Basically they're like Amazon.com, but out of the UK.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:36 AM
Gone to Alaska

If they were first printing (French) originals then $50 per CD, maybe more. How's that sound? But you have to remember that I paid almost $100 for her concert program which really sells for about 10 Euros (about $13.) It depends on how badly I want the memorabilia.

Last edited by guldebrett; 01-30-2007 at 06:42 AM..
Old 01-30-2007, 06:39 AM
On the Probulator

ttTTHHAAANNNKKKkkk YYOOUUU!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 06:43 AM
Gone to Alaska

You're Welcoooome.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:47 AM
Gone to Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-dawg777 View Post
...For example there is a best hits of Alizee that comes with a Celine Dion cd as well thus the songs would appear to be made up if you've never heard Celine Dions CRAP.
The one that I was talking about was supposed to be all Alizee songs or at least that's what the posting on eBay said.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:52 AM
On the Probulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guldebrett View Post
The one that I was talking about was supposed to be all Alizee songs or at least that's what the posting on eBay said.
Yeah I know, I've seen that one... the one I'm talking about is the Best of Alizee: La Isla Bonita one. It's actually on an HDCD... really sounds crisp too. However the Celine cd that came with it will never see the light of day.