Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-19-2011, 10:27 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintÀlizee View Post
Maybe this was mentioned on this thread already, or more likely on this forum, but I remember an interview of Alizee's where she said Julia Roberts was her favorite actress. Julia Roberts plays Tinker Bell in Hook. Just throwing that out there, if some of you didn't put the two together.
The fact that Alizée is (was) a fan of Julia Roberts is also well documented in many of her “unofficial” biographies, but thanks for pointing out the tie-in with the movie Hook!

Although the present thread was mainly created so we could discuss the very strong “hidden in plain sight” Alizée/Tinker Bell/Peter Pan connections in JPVA, as I wrote in the OP, there would be plenty more to say about connections between Alizée and Tinker Bell.

And BTW, I wouldn’t mind knowing your personal opinion about what I claim to have exposed in this thread.

Last edited by Corsaire; 05-19-2011 at 10:33 AM..
Old 02-09-2013, 04:27 PM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

This is an interesting topic.
I can't decide... it is true or not.
The Tinkerbell stuff...
Actually it's interesting, that's sure.
LOL I have a drawing... made it some days ago
Alizée with wings in her JPVA dress like Tinker Bell on her back.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:51 AM

I still can’t comprehend that most people do not agree with the fact that it has clearly been demonstrated here that the whole JPVA concept is about Tinker Bell/Peter Pan. In a way, it does show that, in general, people do need an official figure to tell them what to accept as truth.

If one day LB was to come out and state “JPVA, ohh, yeah, that was all about Peter Pan and Tinker Bell. All we did is write the lyrics about the central theme of Peter Pan, copy some Tinker Bell moves in the choreography, and we even added the bell sounds and the fairy dust when Alizée hits the drums with the wands. It was a lot of fun”, then most people would agree that it was obvious. If instead, LB would state that it is not about Peter Pan nor Tinker Bell, than most people would say that this thread is rubbish.

(BTW, this is a general comment and it is in no way specifically directed to you, Melle Katherine)
Old 02-10-2013, 04:43 PM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
I still can’t comprehend that most people do not agree with the fact that it has clearly been demonstrated here that the whole JPVA concept is about Tinker Bell/Peter Pan. In a way, it does show that, in general, people do need an official figure to tell them what to accept as truth.

If one day LB was to come out and state “JPVA, ohh, yeah, that was all about Peter Pan and Tinker Bell. All we did is write the lyrics about the central theme of Peter Pan, copy some Tinker Bell moves in the choreography, and we even added the bell sounds and the fairy dust when Alizée hits the drums with the wands. It was a lot of fun”, then most people would agree that it was obvious. If instead, LB would state that it is not about Peter Pan nor Tinker Bell, than most people would say that this thread is rubbish.

(BTW, this is a general comment and it is in no way specifically directed to you, Melle Katherine)
Thank you. Anyway, I completely agree with you.
But I think this all Tinker Bell stuff with JPVA can be true, at least I can imagine. But people believe what they want to, and they see into the clip what they want to. If I want to see the Tinker Bell effect into the clip, then I'll believe this all. Actually I have watched the Tinker Bell movies, then I was thinking about the connection between Alizée and Tinker Bell. Look at the Pscychédélices album, for example "Décollage" or "L'effet" songs, she mentioned "La Fée Clochette"... (Tinker Bell) She made a tattoo too. Why didn't she use Tinker Bell in her videos too or anything else... So I can imagine that it is true. Now I can believe in it better than when I wrote my previous comment.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:13 PM

Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

is

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 PM

Not being one to put an unhealthy obsession to rest, I decided to research the original Peter Pan work to see if it did not contain, by any chance, some references to being 20 years old. Well, it does indeed. In the last chapter or J.W. Barrie’s Peter and Wendy, there is the following dialogue between Peter Pan and Wendy Darling:

"What is it?" he cried again.
She had to tell him.
"I am old, Peter. I am ever so much more than twenty. I grew up long ago."
"You promised not to!"
"I couldn't help it. I am a married woman, Peter."
"No, you're not."
"Yes, and the little girl in the bed is my baby."
"No, she's not."

In the French translation:

— Qu’y a-t-il ? demanda-t-il encore.
Cette fois, elle ne pouvait plus se dérober.
— Je suis vieille, Peter. J’ai déjà plus de vingt ans. Il y a longtemps que j’ai grandi.
— Tu avais promis de ne pas grandir.
— Je n’ai pas pu faire autrement. Je suis mariée, Peter.
— Non ! Ce n’est pas vrai.
— Si, et la petite fille dans le lit est mon enfant.
— Non ! Ce n’est pas vrai !

In the French version of the book, the one that would have been known to French people, the reference to the age would translate to: “I am already older than twenty” and this is associated with characteristics of a more mature adult life. So, logically, if one doesn’t have a care for long term relationships, getting married, having babies or any other adult concerns, well, one could say, “let’s still have fun, I’m not twenty”. This is exactly what the lyrics of the French version of JPVA are about, and so, I would say that this is more evidence supporting the theory that the whole concept was indeed based on the Peter Pan story. The lyrics even say “On est vieux à vingt ans” (You get old at twenty)!

I am amazed by the fact that even with all the links to Tinker Bell and the Peter Pan story the connection never surfaced anywhere on the Internet before this thread was created. Considering how many people are familiar with the Peter Pan story, this is astonishing, indeed.