Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-12-2010, 11:35 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Huh. Well, right now all that is on her YouTube channel is a video (new cut I think) of her in studio video. http://www.youtube.com/user/alizeeofficiel
(actually two of the same thing)
I still find it odd that Alizée has removed everything she ever did before, even on her own i.e. Psychédélices. I wonder if she'll ever add it back or just figures that "the net" does all her regular advertising automatically. I guess it sort of does, but not quite.

Merci Fanny
Old 02-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this had been posted yet or not, but I just saw this on twitter, thanks to @AlizeeNation, originally from @psychalizee.

Quote:
psychalizee 1. Eden, Eden 2. Grand Central 3. Limelight 4. La Candida 5. Les Collines (Never Leave You) 6. 14 Décembre7. A Cœur... http://bit.ly/9Ajsl3
This is apparently the track-listing for the album. What y'all think??
Old 02-12-2010, 12:03 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

^^ Hmm, thought there would be 12 tracks. Things are certainly on the move!

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 02-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

saweeet. Yah Limelight sounds really good! can't wait for the single Les Collines coming out on Feb. 17th.....going to be awesome!!!
Old 02-13-2010, 01:44 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Wow. I'm seeing many English songs here.. though, in Limelight, her adorable French accent, unfortunately, wasn't too prevalent.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:56 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I'm not one to over analyze crap...

but if I was,

I'd say this is a sign she's dipping her feet back into the English speaking market.

And to over-over analyze that, don't most Europeans use English as kinda the "universal" language? instead of Alizée singing in German or Italian or Polish or Czech....
Old 02-13-2010, 06:08 AM
Alizéeist Fanatic

Pjoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
And to over-over analyze that, don't most Europeans use English as kinda the "universal" language? instead of Alizée singing in German or Italian or Polish or Czech....
Well, english happens to be the lingua franca :P

But yeah, in EU, ammount of english speakers is twice the ammount of french speakers, and the difference only goes up if you consider whole Europe.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:03 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Yup, As for Poles, English is a quite familiar language, but French is still a bit exotic for most of the people. English songs are veery popular here, sometimes even more than the Polish. French songs... uhm... Not at all, very rare they are played in radio or TV

And were you analyzing the titles?
14 décembre sounds quite mysterious, date of..?

Montgolfier brothers' first balloon lifts off and many more interesting events, like Nostradamus' date of birth.

What are your suppositions?
Old 02-13-2010, 02:13 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Talking Let's Try This?

Here's something - an online friend told me that a lot of French musicians follow the website ChartsInFrance.net, to get a general idea of the feedback they're getting from the public. And apparently, this includes Alizée. So my ami thought that by signing up there and posting a simple comment or two (or three), in English, we could exert a little influence.

By influence, I mean it would show the French and the music business that américains are listening, are interested, and we're eager for more. That could help her, show support for her, and show that there's a demand for her from a very big music market.

Not only that, but if my friend is right, this could be a very good way to get Alizée to read and notice messages from us! ("Say, Lizzie, j'ever get that letter we sent ya?") (loq)

So I'm going to sign up. And I recommend you all do, too! Especially since English would not only be permitted there, but maybe even a bit advantageous!

Here's a link.
http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-69466.html

I mean, it couldn't hurt, right?
Old 02-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile December 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss_pl View Post
And were you analyzing the titles?
14 décembre sounds quite mysterious, date of..?

Montgolfier brothers' first balloon lifts off and many more interesting events, like Nostradamus' date of birth.

What are your suppositions?
When I examine a long list of December 14 events, my favorite hypothesis is that the song refers to the day in 1812 when the last of the Grande Armée was expelled from Russia. It is a metaphor for the advent of total defeat, and fits in with the demise of Edie Sedgwick, which is supposedly the theme of the new album.

This would also recall the song Tempête.

Finally, note that when people use Google to search for "Alizee", (sic.) in many countries Russian is an important (non-native) language used, and sometimes the most important one. This says to me Alizée has a non-trivial following among expatriate Russians, whose interest was perhaps stroked by her concert in Moscow.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 02-13-2010 at 02:51 PM..

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont