Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Congrats PDH!!! I just sort of froze into awesomeness when I saw mine...Everyone probably did....
Old 04-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Congrats PDH!!! I just sort of froze into awesomeness when I saw mine...Everyone probably did....
yeah kinda did.... i almost forgot to breathe for a minute
Old 04-09-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
yeah kinda did.... i almost forgot to breathe for a minute
yeah if you saw my video...I just froze and then started dancing
Old 04-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
yeah if you saw my video...I just froze and then started dancing
yes i did see that! and i felt the same way!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:55 PM

Man even her writing freeze's one up...just imagine what her presence would do to a person
Old 04-10-2010, 12:07 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Here's a list of members who I believe haven't contacted me or Ben as to whether they want their cd's or not.
Fryel
Wildfire
Lowbeam
Youpidou 1
Tchaicovsky
Atra201
Woohoo
Beaner360
Hilda for Juani who I think may not be a member of the forum.
Deepwaters.

I believe I've spoken with deepwaters but I've had so many pm's and e-mails that I cant remember. I think he had to pay in a specific time period. I hope he re-pm's me with the details.

WyomingGrizfan I mistakenly told I didn't have a disk for him because I didn't have a requested name next to his forum name, but then later found out his was one of the discs I couldn't identify, so I have to get back in touch with him.

I know I've talked to Beaner before. If he could just remind me of his status, I'd appreciate it.

Anyone who doesn't contact me, I will contact later next week. I may be out of town for a couple of days.

I shipped out MerciAlizee's disc and gave fsquared his today in person.

One thing I need to get is the name of the gentleman who was at our private signing who was with Instatubes. I have to try and get this man's e-mail address so I can send him a nice thank you note. When we were discussing the open letter to Alizee, he seemed a little offended that we were representing this letter again. He knew of the letter and said it had been presented to her before. I said something to the effect that some of us weren't really sure whether she had seen it or not.

What I'd like to say to him is that there are other forums out there, we wanted her to realize that the forum members who had visited her that day, were from the forum that wrote that letter. I'd also like to point out that a lot of time and careful thought was put into it by fans who are deeply devoted to her and to see her hold that letter in her very hands meant more than words can describe to us.

I'd also like to thank him for this great opportunity not only for me, but for so many of her fans in America and other countries that we represent. I'd like to tell him how hard we've worked in the past to try and promote her music, but the main thing that we've been missing is some type of appearence by her in the states. It doesn't necessarily need to be a singing performance, it could be something like an interview on Leno, where they show snippets of her performances. Just get her recognized here, then we'll do the rest.

I sent a nice letter of thank you to the Virgin megastore manager. I believe he spoke english from the letter that was sent to me, but maybe I was mistaken. I'll have to contact Docdtv and see in his correspondence with him, if he thought he spoke English. If not, I'll have to get someone like Doc or maybe Roman to re-interpret my letter and re-send it.

Once again I'd like to thank Doc and Ben for all they've done. If Ben hadn't kept this forum going when he did, this never would have been possible. And Doc, if he had never contacted Virgin, we never would have been able to see her hold that letter in her hands, never would have seen her say hello to Alizée America, never would had the happiness brought to so many fans here of having something that Alizée held in her own precious hands and autographed.

It was a great moment for this forum. I'm glad for what got accomplished, but wished I could have done so much more. Wished I could have spoken in French to her of so many things, because I think it was kind of obvious, her English conversational skills are somewhat lacking.

So I want to make sure the two gentlemen in France, know how much this meant to us, know how thankful we are, so if this opportunity comes again, they will welcome back her fans from America.
If you're talking about the black guy with the big hair, yeah, that was the principal lyricist and co-founder of Institubes, Jean-René Étienne.

Don't forget about the talk that Mark Black had with him already and again I'd warn against over-promising things to Alizée or her team. I know it's easy to get carried away, but if you say to Etienne or Alizée "Just get her recognized here, then we'll do the rest," that's a rather bold statement. You better be sure of who "we" are before saying stuff like that. You've been around long enough to see what the members of Alizée America are actually willing to do.

I don't think there's any particular reason other than cost and time that she shouldn't come here to somewhere in the US to perform, but just don't lose your head. Signing a bunch of CDs that you bought for her signing event is one thing, getting Alizée to leave country for a performance is another. And lest you should think 50 people on an American web site is a big deal don't forget that there was on the order of 10,000 people in concert in Mexico. I know you have to start somewhere, but have a little perspective before you expect something from her.

Hey, who am I to tell anyone what to do or to expect? No one except someone who has hung around here a lot since the beginning of 2007. And yeah, I do agree that if Alizée had come to America or shown some kind of interest in promoting herself here, she'd have several times as many fans here as she does now, but that's just a guess.

As for Leno, better hurry up while he still has a job.

I'll PM this to Scruffy.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-10-2010, 12:52 AM

Interesting stuff there Roman and Scruff. We definitely shouldn't over-expect from her. She has done more than we thought she would do originally and maybe we should show our gratefulness by laying back for a little bit. We have worked up until that moment Scruff had and we should rest and come back strong to get more from her, like a concert. But hey nothing is changed until the hype of this album is over. So we have time to influence her for a concert here in September. I mean hey the US and Mexico border right?! So hey go for it guys, and I would be glad to help. All I'm saying is let's rest for a bit so we don't seem like pests to her
Old 04-10-2010, 02:17 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default J-R Etienne's Address:

I put this on here hours ago, but now that we've got the guy I.D.'d, here's his address again, to make it easier for Scruff to find. (I mean, this is the address I mailed the earlier copy of the letter to, and he was saying they'd definitely gotten that...)

M. Jean-René Étienne
INSTITUBES
52 Rue de Clignancourt
75018 Paris
France

Oh yeah, Scruffy, as I said before, if you want to thank him in French, just post your note here, and we'll all dive on it.

Last edited by Chuck; 04-10-2010 at 02:20 AM..
Old 04-10-2010, 02:19 AM

Yay more letters of thankfulness!!! I can't wait until letters get wiped off the face of the earth...I know they are formal and proper, but the world needs to move on to accepting e-mails as proper and formal That would make it so much easier. Hey Docdtv wanna hit me with some stats?haha
Old 04-10-2010, 02:34 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

CD arrived today. Thanks Scruffy and Ben and Doc for all you did to make this happen.

... and, thank you Alizée. I look forward to more signatures on future albums.

Last edited by Rev; 04-10-2010 at 02:39 AM..