Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for posting that interview Brian. It really clears just about everything up. She never did contemplate retiring from singing because she said although she wasn't sure what she wanted to do with the future, she at the same time mentioned a third album, so another album was never a question mark. As far as the baby, they weren't trying to have a baby and they weren't trying not to have a baby. They just let nature take it's course and it did.

It is kind of confusing in that she said that a lot of her early performances involved dressing up into something she wasn't, but now that she's 20, she'd be able to do things that are more like herself, but then a little later on while starting to work on the new album she said we can re-become what we were before. Maybe what she meant by what we were before is being a hit and not necessarily referring to the style of music she'd be singing.

The only question remaining was when did she decide to split with Mylene? If she said that at 20 she wanted to do things that are more like herself, then it seems like it had to be 2004 that she decided to make the split. It could even have been late 2003. She may have decided that after all the concerts were done and it was time to start thinking about her next album, that she would do it without the benefit of working with MF and LB.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-21-2011 at 05:49 AM..
Old 04-21-2011, 04:30 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

There's a lot of speculation that she got married to get away from MF/LB. I can understand wanting to get away from a "bubblegum" image, but I never thought thats what her music was. The themes on Mes Courant Electriques were pretty adult but I guess the sound of some of the songs was still a bit too poppy for her taste.

I also understand wanting to take a break, but 4 years is just too long. MCE didn't do nearly as well as Gourmandises and leaving the music scene for so long when she was on the downswing isn't a great idea. Can't change the past though. I really don't see the point in these threads. She has stated in multiple interviews exactly why she took such a long break, what's the point in speculating even more?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I think she was just very ready to take a break after an exhausting career. It's stressful traveling, recording, performing, interviewing, etc. as a singer and on the other hand you have the responsibility of raising a family, which we all know is equally exhausting. She just needed time to have a normal life for a while and enjoy her new child and husband.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 04-22-2011, 02:58 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
There's a lot of speculation that she got married to get away from MF/LB.

Now that's funny.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:31 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

well she clearly wanted to still make music. thats all that matters i think. but thats me, and i think wierd.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:41 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well after much digging, I found this part of an interview where Alizee discusses the break up.

I was first very proud of having being able to close my tour through the Zénith, but I knew it was time to take a break after four years of madness. During my period of rest, I started to reflect on what I wanted to do musically. The three of us ( with Mylène and Laurent) talked about it and decided to separate. (note: it wasn't until over a year after the end of those concerts that it was sort of officially announced that they had separated and of course being 2005 everyone knew Alizée was pregnant by then. Seems like it was not an easy or quick decision to make.) I wanted to reach out to new music and take my flight!

http://tapetor.thewayiam.com/Instant-Mag18-19_e.html
Old 04-23-2011, 03:50 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

Her thoughts were that she realized that her promoter was jealous of her fame and she no longer wished to work for such a person. Anyone with a brain in show biz knows you dont dog the other performers or you end up like Suzanne Summers over too soon.

It’s not even a game
Get over your fame
I’m not twenty
Not even ashamed
Could we celebrate
Cause’ I’m not twenty
And life goes on and on
I go as I come
Mélodie de vie
I fly all alone
A light little stone
You get old at twenty

THIS is a huge slap in the face. What 18 year old is proud they arent twenty?

"Its not even a game get over your fame"
"your old at twenty"

That is one hundred percent an older womans opinion forced upon a beautiful 18 year old to sing. She became far more popular than her singer/promoter and she was jealous.

Shortly after this song she stopped. Why because it was contractual. I guarantee if you find the terms of her contract it coincides with the term of her break.

Also why she changes her old songs when she sings them in concert. copyright and the owners are scum.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well after much digging, I found this part of an interview where Alizee discusses the break up.

I started to reflect on what I wanted to do musically. The three of us ( with Mylène and Laurent) talked about it and decided to separate.

http://tapetor.thewayiam.com/Instant-Mag18-19_e.html

Translation:

I started to reflect on what I wanted to do musically. =

I realized what they had me doing and I didnt like it.

The three of us ( with Mylène and Laurent) talked about it and decided to separate. =

We fought about it and they would not agree to allow me to not do what they had me doing so I quit.

Last edited by mal; 04-23-2011 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-23-2011, 06:01 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
Her thoughts were that she realized that her promoter was jealous of her fame and she no longer wished to work for such a person.
Interesting theory.

Quote:
"Its not even a game get over your fame"
"your old at twenty"

That is one hundred percent an older womans opinion forced upon a beautiful 18 year old to sing.
Possibly.... However, this does not mean that:

Quote:
She became far more popular than her singer/promoter and she was jealous.
Mylene was VERY popular then.

Quote:
Shortly after this song she stopped. Why because it was contractual. I guarantee if you find the terms of her contract it coincides with the term of her break.
Perhaps.

On a related note, I do believe that there was some legacy contract involved (possibly with the record company) that needed to expire, that might explain her final timing for the release of P.

Quote:
Also why she changes her old songs when she sings them in concert. copyright and the owners are scum.
Not true, on either count. She had different reasons for changing them.

Last edited by Rev; 04-23-2011 at 06:05 PM..
Old 04-23-2011, 11:03 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I think the split was mutual between the three of them. Alizee was unwilling to go the way that Mylene wanted her career to go because she wasn't confortable with the direction. She wanted to do things differently musically. There was no reason to continue their colaboration. I don't think Mylene was jealous, just probably frustrated that she had lost control of Alizee.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:17 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

After all this time, it's perfectly clear that there were no bad feelings between Alizée and Mylène, that the decision to separate was mutual, that Mylène was certainly not jealous of Alizée (why should she be, when Mylène is by far the more famous and successful?), and in general it was just something whose time had come. Alizée could easily have continued performing, married or single -- at that time, Jérémy was a performer himself, so any deliberate-obscurity issues that might be present now would not have been then. She could not have done it so easily with a baby, but all the indications are that the decision to take a break came first, Annily afterward with serendipitous timing.

Honestly, I don't know why people insist on making this more complicated than it really was. Artists move past partnerships all the time. You might as well ask why the Beatles broke up, or Simon and Garfunkel, or the Eurythmics. People change, especially creative people. When Alizée says she wanted to move on to different kinds of music than she was singing, I understand that perfectly. There's no reason to look for any other explanation, because that one is surely the truth.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716