Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
You'd be surprised how much artists can tweet while being in a studio. Take Tiësto (world's biggest DJ), he tweets his fingers off while recording 2-hour podcasts and stuff for his new albums. I bet Alizée has tweeted from the studio quite a bit

But hey, what do you guys think about Alizée saying that she wanted to work with Myléne again?
I think Alizée is trying to keep all options open. She has tried in the past, at least publically, to not burn her bridges. Personally, I am not convinced that going back to Mylene exclusively is in her best interests, but a collaboration on a few songs may be a good thing. Since Alizée has gotten really good at the aesthetic side of things, she might find LB more useful than Mylene. And I'm not convinced Mylene's lyrics would make a huge difference in improving Alizée's career at this stage of the game.

I could be wrong, but it seems like everyone Alizée has worked with since Mylene have been people she has met through Jérémy. If he is no longer providing that service, she may be trying to network with people who can.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Very good points. Then again, I think Psych was for the majority Jeremy's friends and people he knows. But since, I think she has just met people at different labels and so on, such as chateau marmont, etc.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:12 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

And I'm sure that Matt knows some people, If he is the new guy. But I don't think going back to MF is a good idea. I think the media will rip into her for it. "tried on her own but couldn't make the cut" kinda stuff.

Last edited by BrianO1; 02-26-2012 at 02:14 PM..
Old 02-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Very good points. Then again, I think Psych was for the majority Jeremy's friends and people he knows. But since, I think she has just met people at different labels and so on, such as chateau marmont, etc.
I think Jérémy also knew some of the people who later became involved with UEDS and assisted Alizée in making some of those connections, but I don't know that for a fact.

I think it's wise for Alizée to keep all options open and network as much as she can, but I personally would prefer to see her move forwards, not backwards. If this new album is more successful, it will make it easier for her to find good people to work with.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:52 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-78362.html

Old 02-26-2012, 03:19 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Someone said autograph session? Hey if that day does come, please message me. As this new release comes closer I'd like to get an autograph for a friend and I. I can discuss payments as the day gets closer.

(Off topic, I know...sorry bout it.)
Old 02-26-2012, 03:46 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But hey, what do you guys think about Alizée saying that she wanted to work with Myléne again?

Working with Mylene again... i don't think Alizée really needs to do it.
But if "working with Mylene again" implies working with LB as well, my opinion is very different then.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:35 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Working with Mylene again... i don't think Alizée really needs to do it.
But if "working with Mylene again" implies working with LB as well, my opinion is very different then.
I'm pretty sure that Alizee won't have much of an opportunity to make choices as to whom she works with, the songs that are chosen, the wardrobe, or the image projected. She will be made in the image of Sony if they are fitting the bill. I believe she provided personal resources to produce her last two albums insuring the luxury of content, image and stylistic integrity. Those days are long gone. I just pray that Sony has the good sense to realize what a gem Alizee is, and they allow her to keep her integrity lyrically, image wise and her dignity firmlly in tact. I believe that these meetings she is having with Sony are decisions whether she is willing to play ball or not. I have zero faith in the music industry, but sometimes they get it right. On the subject of Mylene and Laurent being involved- Laurent yes, Mylene not so much.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I'm pretty sure that Alizee won't have much of an opportunity to make choices as to whom she works with, the songs that are chosen, the wardrobe, or the image projected. She will be made in the image of Sony if they are fitting the bill. I believe she provided personal resources to produce her last two albums insuring the luxury of content, image and stylistic integrity. Those days are long gone. I just pray that Sony has the good sense to realize what a gem Alizee is, and they allow her to keep her integrity lyrically, image wise and her dignity firmlly in tact. I believe that these meetings she is having with Sony are decisions whether she is willing to play ball or not. I have zero faith in the music industry, but sometimes they get it right. On the subject of Mylene and Laurent being involved- Laurent yes, Mylene not so much.
Well, hopefully they have the good sense to look at past releases with the MF-LB team and take a page out of their book. Alizee's image was very meticulously crafted in those days.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 02-26-2012, 05:05 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Well, hopefully they have the good sense to look at past releases with the MF-LB team and take a page out of their book. Alizee's image was very meticulously crafted in those days.
That is exactly what I meant Azhiri. Sony has the professional resources and they are capable. Alizee will have indirect leverage in that a happy artist is much easier to sell than an unhappy one with dead eyes, a phony smile and the constitution of a stepford wife. Just like Forest Gump said and I'm paraphrasing " the music industry is like a box of chocolates, you don't know which flavor your going to get".

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...