Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
"All the winds..." It's the start of "L'Alizé". Time for more penance, Ed!

Hehe! for an "Old Wise One" I thought Edcognito was kidding around.
Yeah it's the start of "L'Alizé" and part of in my sig.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 10-30-2007, 05:36 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Would you translate the above for me Ogre?

Ed
Quote:
Ed, Ed, Ed....if it were not for your ceaseless participation in this forum and your daily support for our Corsican angel, I might have my doubts about your dedication. I understood the confusion when I pulled those phrases from Hey Amigo!, as I don't expect all fans to know the lyrics buried in the songs. But the first three words of L'Alizé? Ahem!

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. After all, you are ex Navy. Spent all your years just looking at the pictures, did you? Never read the articles, right? Old habits die hard. And I guess it isn't all that bad. After all, when it comes to Alizée, looking is heavenly, and listening divine. Understanding what she is actually singing? It's like reading the articles....not for a Navy man.

Last edited by OGRE; 10-30-2007 at 05:40 PM..
Old 10-30-2007, 06:42 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Ed, Ed, Ed....if it were not for your ceaseless participation in this forum and your daily support for our Corsican angel, I might have my doubts about your dedication. I understood the confusion when I pulled those phrases from Hey Amigo!, as I don't expect all fans to know the lyrics buried in the songs. But the first three words of L'Alizé? Ahem!

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. After all, you are ex Navy. Spent all your years just looking at the pictures, did you? Never read the articles, right? Old habits die hard. And I guess it isn't all that bad. After all, when it comes to Alizée, looking is heavenly, and listening divine. Understanding what she is actually singing? It's like reading the articles....not for a Navy man.
Now, now, that's not necessary... Also, French is pretty far from phonetic; if he's just listening to the lyrics, he may literally have no idea what they look like written down.

(Of course, I recall you're ex-military too, OGRE, right; is this perhaps an inter-service jibe of sorts? )
Old 10-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I knew what it was from, and hard as this may be for anyone else to believe, I like her songs without understanding much more than "moi", "oui", "bonjour", and "merci" - so when you guys quote them, or use other French language comments, i need to have them translated.... I have (i have to admit) begun considering taking lessons again, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back to school!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 10-30-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post

OH DUDE! IT IS SO ON! :P

I literally am laughing till tears are coming from my eyes... My wife is looking over her shoulder at me (Her guild is raiding Black Temple tonight) and if she didn't know me so well, she would be calling the mental health professionals....

Literally, i know very, very little french - and having just been a "listener" and not really an "understander".... well, I plead (benevolent) ignorance! As for not understanding what she's singing in any particular song? Why do you think i LOVE the video's we have here? They have the French/English translations right there.... and if there isn't a video, i know even LESS! (ZOMG, is that even POSSIBLE???? YES!)....

As far as "not being for a NAVY man".... Hmmmph! I was the rare exception when i was in the Service, in that I didn't spend the majority of my time "reading" Hustler, et.al. Rather, during my time in the service, I read the bible cover to cover (twice - once after Beruit in '83, and the other after PG War #1)... Thoreau, Jefferson, Adams, Chomski and Goldwater were some of the "light" reading I used to do....

What was my nickname? Well, 1/2 the time it was "Guns" (I was a Gunnersmate Guns - working with the small arms and Cannons on the various ships I was on).... The other 1/2 was either "Teach" or "Prof" (partly because of the glasses the navy gave us - we called them "Birth Control Glasses" - wearing them prevented you from getting sex for either love OR money! - and wearing them, I looked like a teacher!).....

Now let me ask you this, since I admit I don't understand the songs at all, how much of a fan do I have to be to still be here 1+ years later?

Because of my advanced age, I don't remember what branch of the service you were in, but your (somewhat) accurate comments about sailors leads me to believe you were in one of the "ground" forces? :P Some degree of jealousy is understandable, but really, your displaying such a large degree of jealousy just belies your continuing dismay at your not being accepted by the Navy. Really Ogre, its ok, not everyone can be a sailor.......

Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Hehe! for an "Old Wise One" I thought Edcognito was kidding around.
Yeah it's the start of "L'Alizé" and part of in my sig.
I just call myself that to put on airs! I'm not any wiser than anyone else, however, having survived to this age, I've found it pretty easy to fake!

Ed

Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 10-30-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Now, now, that's not necessary... Also, French is pretty far from phonetic; if he's just listening to the lyrics, he may literally have no idea what they look like written down.

(Of course, I recall you're ex-military too, OGRE, right; is this perhaps an inter-service jibe of sorts? )
Of course it was, Jealousy runs deep in those not accepted into the Navy. We're used to it.... Just keep throwing him raw meat, he'll settle down when he's full!

Ed

Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 10-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Hashshashin

jaco is on a distinguished road

I posted this before in this thread, but I'll say it again for newcomers. You can post three times at once if you use Firefox, IE, and Opera. Since they use different cookie systems, you can vote 15 points instead of 5.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:41 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Ed,
OK, that makes sense too. Your original post made it sound like you didn't recognize it at all. Sorry!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:53 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
I posted this before in this thread, but I'll say it again for newcomers. You can post three times at once if you use Firefox, IE, and Opera. Since they use different cookie systems, you can vote 15 points instead of 5.
To add I have found that the Vista on my new Sony Laptop allows me to vote with two additional accounts on the computer. My older Sony with XP will only let me vote once. So with both computers I'm getting our girl between 260 and 280 points a day.