Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-29-2007, 05:22 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Does this mean that we assume all pictures are copyrighted unless somewhere someone states that it is not or is available as public domain. What I mean is, how can you tell something is freely available as pubic domain unless you are the person who took the picture?
It absolutely does. By US law in addition to law of just about every country, anything you create, including a photograph, is automatically copyright by you. The law does make sense, as it ensures that anybody's intellectual property will be properly protected. So unless you took the picture, you have to assume that the picture is not licensed freely or in the public domain.

Quote:
Has anyone on this forum ever posted a picture they knew to be "free" that you did not take yourself?
Just about every picture posted on this forum is copyright violation, including every single picture of Alizée. If Universal Music really wanted to, they could have them all taken down, or even this entire website because of it. However, they're never going to do something like that, as it does no good but has devastating negative effects. Pictures of Alizée, just like her videos (also copyright violation), are all free advertisement for her, which means that Universal sells more music because of it.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:03 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
It absolutely does.
Thanks espire, I meant post on Wikipedia, but I get your point.

Merci Fanny
Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 AM

aidiv20x is on a distinguished road

im waiting for the disc
Old 11-06-2007, 05:40 PM
un jour une fois

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidiv20x View Post
im waiting for the disc
Erm... Off-topic much?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Hashshashin

jaco is on a distinguished road

I've updated the Wikipedia article for Psychédélices with the latest information. Because there will probably be a lot of information coming out in the near future, please help out with updating the article. Anyone can edit Wikipedia, so feel free to add information. I'll be watching the article, so if your changes are not exactly according to Wikipedia policy, don't worry, I can fix it up.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:08 AM

MicheleThatsFr4Michael is on a distinguished road
Default Question on the Psychédélices Album Cover

I didn't see any forum for "analysis" yet, so I posting this here.
Maybe I'm asking the obvious, but isn't the new album title "Psychédélices" a play on the first album "Gourmandises"? The image on the right hand side - of her eating a huge chunk of cake- seems to be a clear reference and comment on the "snacking" in first video she released, Gourmandises. Isn't the blue plaid dress she is wearing an exact color inverse of the red plaid dress she wore in the Gourmandises video? This dress doesn't look like any of her new dresses we seen in the latests photos. The left hand image of her on the new album cover seems more congruent with her "new image". She is looking directly at her "old" (possibly inversed somehow?) image, instead of us.

Idea: Is she saying that we (and her/through her) are trying to look at her inversed - or backwards in time? Is she saying something about how she as an artist must deal with us filtering her through our perceptions of her old self, rather than just seeing her as she is now? She might want us to look at her only as she is now, but knows we wouldn't even have heard of her except via her earlier work. I imagine her most difficult challange as an artist is getting a clear picture of her work to us as we look at her through the disorted lens of her previous image.

Last edited by MicheleThatsFr4Michael; 11-22-2007 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: added thought:
Old 12-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

With all of these new pictures of Alizée taken by fans, could we perhaps ask permission for use of their image?

Also, is it permissible to put a screen capture of the Mademoiselle Juliette video on the page for the single? It seems kind of lacking in information...

Perhaps one of our Wikipedia gurus could help us out.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:28 PM
un jour une fois

It would be a great idea to ask some of the people who went. While it will be a little more difficult to inquire about the far more numerous pictures on AFC, I'll give a template for anybody here to use who went.

I, (full name), hereby license the following images, photographed and owned by me, under the GNU Free Documentation License.

(image here)
Old 12-04-2007, 06:03 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleThatsFr4Michael View Post
I didn't see any forum for "analysis" yet, so I posting this here.
Maybe I'm asking the obvious, but isn't the new album title "Psychédélices" a play on the first album "Gourmandises"? The image on the right hand side - of her eating a huge chunk of cake- seems to be a clear reference and comment on the "snacking" in first video she released, Gourmandises. Isn't the blue plaid dress she is wearing an exact color inverse of the red plaid dress she wore in the Gourmandises video? This dress doesn't look like any of her new dresses we seen in the latests photos. The left hand image of her on the new album cover seems more congruent with her "new image". She is looking directly at her "old" (possibly inversed somehow?) image, instead of us.
Very interesting interpretation Michele/Michael. I do think that the cake might be a reference to the gourmandises album, especially the gourmandises single and video. That might represent her 'old' self. Also, remember that in beginning of the MJ video, the pink Alizée (whom could be the old Alizée, with only the black Alizée at the end of the video) reached for a lick of the icing off of a cake. I guess this could represent her old 'self' or just in general, her naivitée (sp?) back then. I hadn't thought of the blue plaid dress the color inverse of the gourmandises dress, that's something interesting to think about, but I can't figure out if it was intentional, or was a coincidence.
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

It seems like we finally have a picture!

And what a picture...