Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-30-2008, 05:35 PM

NoHandleBars is on a distinguished road

Im waiting for it on the tV5 . Not going to watch it on a tiny Box on a monitor.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:39 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHandleBars View Post
Im waiting for it on the tV5 . Not going to watch it on a tiny Box on a monitor.
you don't have to watch it. just play it and minimize the window. just enjoy the audio.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:42 PM

NoHandleBars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
you don't have to watch it. just play it and minimize the window. just enjoy the audio.
Lol That would still spoil it no?!
Old 05-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yes, she sang live on all of them. As Euphoria pointed out, they used playback of her vocals in the background on a few songs. In some places, it served to provide the backing and harmony vocals. In PLP, it sounds like they played back the lead vocal too, and she sang along with it. On Psychédélices, they put some chorus on her voice, but it was live.

The interesting thing is that this performance is pretty close to what it's like doing it in a studio, which is where she really shines. Things are not too loud and she can hear herself. She did a great job. In a concert setting, everything is much louder and it's harder to hear yourself. That's when she has more trouble.

I think these are the best performances she has done since her return. The new songs were great, but I'm still not real excited with the new arrangements of old songs. JEAM is OK, but I miss the musical hook of the 5 violin notes. Oh well, can't have everything. All in all, a really good performance by Alizée.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:34 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

i guess i'm getting over the shock of the newly orchestrated oldies, because the new JEAM doesn't sound that bad. or it could be that my expectations aren't very high at this point after the moscow concert.

one main ingredient still missing is confidence or the show of. she doesn't exude confidence like she used to, but i think that was more mylene telling her to stand tall, smile, and act confident. i don't think she has anyone telling her that stuff at the same level anymore and it shows.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Weird Member

Nikita is on a distinguished road

I liked this alot.
Maybe because I have a fondness for small acoustic performances.
But I think her voice sounded good, as it's been said, I don't think she's got the muscle memory in her throat to hit the right notes sometimes, but then it helps to have the volume around a little lower, and a little playback here and there.

But yeah, you can really see that she's concentrated, and trying very hard. The looking back over her shoulder and all, is to me a sign of not being that confident on stage, as heyamigo said.

I hope that after more shows she'll feel more confident performing.

I do like her hair here though.
Not supersprayed curly, and not ironed flat.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:35 PM

Max is on a distinguished road

Direct links (download and watch fullscreen):

alizee_psychedelices.wmv
alizee_jenaimarre.wmv
alizee_fiftysixty.wmv
alizee_parlespaupieres.wmv
alizee_mademoisellejuliette.wmv
Old 05-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hey thanks, that looks already a bit better.

I will capture the show tomorrow HQ (PAL) and post them here.
Probably others will be quicker than me...
Old 05-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

I thought she did a very good job like everyone else said. She sounded really great doing them live and left me with a smile on my face. The new JEAM arrangement sounded kind of Hawaiian or like a island retreat song, but it wasn't to bad. I like how it goes into the chorus and out of it, but I think I still miss the old song. I know I can't ask for that but maybe something a little more closer to the original, if not I will live it still sounded good. Overall a really stellar performance. At the beginning of Psychédélices she looks so sad, Alizée can brighten my day with a simple smile, but if I had to see her down and out with her face like that all day, I would die. I walked away from that song feeling down, its so melancholic, I need to go watch something else now as a pick me up or maybe just some lilly town will do the trick.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Yes, she sang live on all of them. As Euphoria pointed out, they used playback of her vocals in the background on a few songs. In some places, it served to provide the backing and harmony vocals. In PLP, it sounds like they played back the lead vocal too, and she sang along with it. On Psychédélices, they put some chorus on her voice, but it was live.

The interesting thing is that this performance is pretty close to what it's like doing it in a studio, which is where she really shines. Things are not too loud and she can hear herself. She did a great job. In a concert setting, everything is much louder and it's harder to hear yourself. That's when she has more trouble.

I think these are the best performances she has done since her return. The new songs were great, but I'm still not real excited with the new arrangements of old songs. JEAM is OK, but I miss the musical hook of the 5 violin notes. Oh well, can't have everything. All in all, a really good performance by Alizée.

I wonder, is the actual musical notes that the violins play trademarked, or is it just playing the notes with a violin trademarked.

If it's the latter, I don't see a problem if she did a hook or the sort on a different instrument, maybe a synth or an echoed-slight distortion guitar.