Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-03-2008, 07:42 PM

NoHandleBars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcrookston View Post
Nobody is as attractive as Alizee...but musically Kate Ryan has replaced her. Her version of libertine, disenchantee and ella ella made me realize how far Alizee has fallen.
God you like Kate Ryan? That Ella Ella vid made me gag, She just must be popular in europe. No way she could make it big here in the states. She reminds of a bag of STDs.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:45 PM

NoHandleBars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibir View Post
No where near the top? I'd be interested in hearing what your "top" is.
The Lilly of Old would be in the top 3% for sure out of all the people in the world, but the lilly of new top 10%, There are tons of babes out there..... now adding personality etc. is a whole different story. I'm really just digging the Music as of now. I really like The new cd alot! Its what keeps me a Fan!

...... The lilly of old makes me think of Tye's signature, Great smile, confident and having fun.
The lilly of new is like OGRE's sig right below Tye. Still attractive but doesn't have that life can't get any better smile to her anymore. I don't know though, cuz then you see things like FUNTV! interview and its so much like the lilly of old, Shes still inside but just doesn't come out all the time now.

Last edited by NoHandleBars; 06-03-2008 at 07:53 PM..
Old 06-03-2008, 08:57 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

this is a great question
i think i had a pretty big crush on the pink Power Ranger way back in the day
then Jennifer Love Hewitt
then Jessica Alba
then Alizee

but only with Alizee have i joined a forum and actually bought music of her's
i don't think there will be another Alizee again
but then again never say never
Old 06-03-2008, 09:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

There has been absolutely no performer who has had the impact on my life the way Alizee has and I'm no spring chicken and I've definitely seen my share of performers. I'm mainly speaking of terms of the Alizee we knew in the years from 1999 to 2004.
First of all theres her beauty. She's just incredibly beautiful. There are a lot of beautiful singers out there. Shania Twain, Stevie Nicks, Jewell, Shakira, Gwen Stefani,Whitney Houston, Faith Hill,so many others but Alizee has a certain uniqueness to her beauty especially in the way she performs. The way she would flip her head when singing Moi Lolita in Amsterdam, the way she would roll her eyes when singing Gourmandises, the way she would wave to the crowd at many performances. I'm going to attach a short film clip I just uploaded to youtube which I think is one of the most beautiful shots of her. A still picture of this moment would have been amazing by itself but when you add in the smile and the little dip of the head it becomes priceless.
Second of all there's her singing. I know there are some songs she does that sound much better in the sound studio so she lip syncs them on stage but I couldn't care less about that. All I care about is the fact that the origonal music coming out of that studio is made by her. Her en concert dvd was done live. No lip syncing. I've never heard a concert that i enjoyed as much as this one. Nothing even comes close.
Then there's her dancing. Just awesome and I think you have to give Mylene Farmer or whoever came up with these routines a lot of credit. Of course Alizee deserves a tremendous amount of credit too. Look how confidently she performed these dances at the age of 16! They were all so wonderfully unique, JAM, ML, JPVA, Youpidoo, Gourmandises and L'Alize
No, I'm sure I'll never see anyone as wonderful as her again, at least not in my life time.
There's one thing I wonder about. A lot of us in America didn't find out about her until the past two years. Now normally when you find a singer you like. You find maybe 1 or 2 songs you like when you discover them, then maybe 6 months later they comes out with another song you like, then maybe a year later they come out with a couple of more songs you like, but with Alizee, I found out about all these great songs at once. What an amazing time that was. I wonder if that had an influence on how strongly I feel about her music. I really don't think so but who knows?
As far as the Alizee that we now see. She is still a very beautiful woman. Still has a beautiful voice but I think her career is going in th wrong direction. It's a crime to re-orchestrate the wonderful music of her early years. The magic is gone.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wnga2fsTvM0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wnga2fsTvM0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-03-2008 at 09:35 PM..
Old 06-03-2008, 10:15 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Simply no way. I've been attracted to other celebrities before Alizée, mostly actrices and I've had bands/singers I've listened to every day for months before Alizée, but I only really learned what it meant to be a fan when I discovered Alizée. Nothing comes close and I don't think anything else ever will.

Merci Fanny
Old 06-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

There will NEVER be a 2nd Alizee....only firsts for everything. This miniute you find a "Second" alizee, you'll constantly compare the 2nd one to the Original Alizee...and the comparison won't even be close.

When you become a fan of another artist/performer, don't compare him/her to Alizee...the only way to enjoy something is to accept them as they are....Unique in there own special way!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:06 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHandleBars View Post
God you like Kate Ryan? That Ella Ella vid made me gag, She just must be popular in europe. No way she could make it big here in the states. She reminds of a bag of STDs.
I like Kate Ryan too. I actually discovered her on Digitally Imported's Vocal Trance channel several years ago. I'm not a huge fan of her latest single, but she's had some fun commercial trance.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Well let's see what Alizée has done for me by just one video (Fun TV interview).

-I changed my metalhead appearance.
-Got a haircut (not that short )
-Made me go out of the safety of my own home to do stuff.
-I started dressing nicely
-I started reading books more daily
-Inspired the musician in me to take hold and bloom again.

Now this was a while ago, after some more videos, and several albums, this is what happened to me.

-I started playing Football again (Soccer as you Americans call it)
-Quit World of Warcraft
-Started learning French
-wrote songs about Alizée
-I slept more soundly

Present day: You could look at my old picture, and a pic of me now, and you'll wonder who's that guy with the unshaved beard and long hair in the Pantera shirt, cause he certainly doesn't look like that sharp-dressed man on the right!

I doubt there is anyone out there like Alizée, nobody has changed me so much considering I don't KNOW her personally or have even TALKED to her. It's a little special something inside her, perhaps her natural take on things, her shyness, maybe that little sparkle in her eyes and the irreplaceable smile. It all comes down how everything has fallen together for her, and it just made a great being, one still with imperfections to keep her human, but all the grace and the immortal aura to keep her shining on above the rest.

There is no second Alizée, God (or whatever you believe in) would never make the same thing twice. Although i've snapped out of my trance recently after her 3rd album (still good, but it didn't hook me like MCE), I am a big fan of her maturing, but I sure hope she keeps that sparkle, the innocence, and perhaps that special thing I have always failed to identify, that special thing that makes anyone who see her say immediately, that she's one shining star!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:19 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

maybe in 20 years alizee's daughter can be it.

not sure if all of us will be around for it though.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:35 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default No time like the present

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
maybe in 20 years alizee's daughter can be it.

not sure if all of us will be around for it though.
That's not going to happen. Remember, only half of her little girl will be Alizee, the other half will be what's his name.
We'd have a lot better chance of Alizee becoming her old self. After all, she's only 24, but something is blocking that, maybe Alizee, or maybe her husband.
We'll probably never know.