Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-11-2012, 01:59 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road
Default Sony FRANCE Is Really Bungling The Release of A Cause de L'Automne in the U.S.

I just can't believe how badly they are failing Alizee's international fans and more importantly, Alizee. I'm no expert on the music industry, but the French music executives in general don't seem to be either; well, considering their lack of success with their artists outside of France.

Sony France had the momentum with the release of Alizee's single on their website. Music and entertainment sales is all about momentum and impulse buying. Anyone who is a real Alizee fan has been forced to resort to other means to secure the song already instead of waiting for the bumbling team at Sony France to release it for the U.S. Now Sony has to count on their willingness to buy something that is a week late and a doller more.

Were they not aware of Alizee's international market in the U.S.? I know, it's more about how Sony has divided the music division geographically. I did not know that; otherwise, I would have said weeks ago that Alizee would fail having to solely rely on her French fans. I should have known since they still refuse to put an English or Spanish option to view Alizee's official website in a user-friendly language for her international fans. Oh well. I'm just ranting.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:46 AM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

I'd hazard a guess that they most likely won't release it in the States. The market simply isn't big enough here (and if it is, they sure are good at hiding it).

The fact that they still haven't released her last two albums on iTunes is sort of indicitive. But that's just my guess.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:49 AM

I'm sure the U.S. will see it eventually. A Cause de L'Automne mp3 download will be released July 20th in Germany...on Amazon. Why another 2 weeks for Europe? It costs them nothing to distribute it digitally, so what's the hold-up? Screw Sony.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:51 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

like I wrote in Single thread

the problem... in Europe is SonyMusic in each country (maybe not in all), so its easy to publish it, cause they have their branch everywhere here... dont know how is it in US... if no, they must have (or not) some company which cares about these things...

but how some of you told, her last albums werent released...

Last edited by Karin; 07-11-2012 at 08:55 AM..
Old 07-11-2012, 09:06 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

We may be big, big, fans but you have to realize in the world of Alizée's music and Sony we are a very minor market. With 110 million vs 310 million in the U.S., Mexico will probably buy more CD's.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Its a low budget "small" project that probably isnt worth the money for Sony to market.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-11-2012, 09:23 AM

No one is expecting Sony to release an English version of her song(s). They already committed to making a music video which is $200K at a minimum. It costs them nothing to release the single in the U.S. without any promotion. It'll be a good test of the waters too.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:29 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
It costs them nothing to release the single in the U.S. without any promotion. It'll be a good test of the waters too.
You're right and they will release her new CD here in the U.S. all you have to do is log into Amazon.com and buy it. They could release it here but there isn't one radio station that is going to play it. Kind of a waste of time for Sony to even put any time or money into the project. She has so few fans over here I would be surprised if she put on a small concert if she could pull 1,000 people. I'd bet 500 of that 1,000 would be Mexican fans flying in to see her.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:27 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

What you have to remember is that Sony (France) and Sony (USA) or wherever else in the world are the same organisations in name only.
There are widely different rules, regulations and probably about another 100 things that differ between each territory.

Digital distribution is not free..it's costs the company money to enable Apple, Amazon etc to host the download. They don't just do it for free.
Has Alizee even got a publishing deal in the US?
We don't know and it would appear unlikely.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
What you have to remember is that Sony (France) and Sony (USA) or wherever else in the world are the same organisations in name only.
There are widely different rules, regulations and probably about another 100 things that differ between each territory.

Digital distribution is not free..it's costs the company money to enable Apple, Amazon etc to host the download. They don't just do it for free.
Has Alizee even got a publishing deal in the US?
We don't know and it would appear unlikely.
As far as I remember, all or most of the songs Alizée did with MF/LB are registered with a performing rights society in the USA, and are also assigned to a US publisher. The same is true for Mademoiselle Juliette, Decollage and Par Les Paupières. I haven't seen anything else show up, but the performing rights societies don't update their public catalogs in a timely fashion, so other songs could show up eventually.