Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2013, 10:19 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Promoting 5 to French speaking sections of the U.S. and Canada

I was pretty disappointed when it became obvious that there were going to be no English songs on this album. I had hoped there be something good to promote in this country. Because of my busy schedule the first half of this year, it took me a while to realize I could still promote this album to the French speaking communities in this country.

Now one way I thought of doing this has been to send some of her music to a place like the French cultural society here in Boston, but I was a little leary of doing that not knowing how tight a control they kept over their library, but thanks to talking with DannyMac, I found out they keep tight control of their stuff, so I decided to send them a copy of 5, MCE, En Concert and Les Enfoires.

Tomorrow thanks to some contact info supplied to me by Ray, I will send a copy of 5, MCE and En Concert to the Alliance Francais library in Washington D.C..

Now doing something like that at best could only bring in a fan or two at a time, so one other thing I wanted to do was send some of her cds to radio stations that play French music and I think the most obvious place in that regard is New Orleans. That has been a much tougher road to travel than I imagined. I don't want to send it to just any radio station, I want to send it to a station that plays a similar genre of music as Alizee's. I've found stations that play cajun music and creole music, but I've had trouble finding like I said similar music on a regular basis and what I mean is not just for 1 hour a day as I found the case with some stations.

Another thing I found is there a lot of internet stations. I'd prefer sending some of her music to radio stations, but I grew frustrated in my searches that I did send two of her cds to one of these internet station in Louisiana.

I also sent a letter to a Maine radio station to see if they'd be interested in her music.

Back in 2008 I think it was, I e mailed a woman with a radio station in SanFrancisco. Now this woman was interested in setting up an on air interview with Alizee, but at the time, I had no contact info for her, where as now I do. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the station and I looked through San Francisco radio stations and I cant find any that broadcast on a regular basis any more.

So I need some help with with finding some good contacts as far as radio stations and radio stations that play her style of music on a regular basis. I'm going to start looking for some stations in the Montreal and Toronto area. This might be the best direction to go in with a much larger French speaking audiences with the end purpose of all this is maybe one of her songs becomes a hit and get's played by these French stations and that's exactly what we need is her to get her foot in the door here and the best time to do this is now while "5" is still new.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-21-2013 at 10:26 PM..