Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-17-2007, 09:55 AM

soik is on a distinguished road
Default Expections of her return

I have just finished watching all the Alizée videos in this site in chronological order--from Moi Lolita to L'important C'est D'aimer with Natasha St. Pier, including the interviews. After watching her in various A Contre-Courant performances and then L'important C'est D'aimer I thought she looked more mature and more subdued. And now that she is a wife and a mother, I find myself asking many questions about many things. How much of her personality has changed? Her voice and beauty would still be the same or better, but is she still that same sensual Alizée that teases with her ambiguous lyrics? Will her new songs still have those techno-like rythym to them? R&B can be soothing, but faster upbeat tempo is invigorating(like Gourmandises,A Contre-Courant).
What's gonna happen?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:22 AM

Kretgar is on a distinguished road
Default Expectations

Look to Jeremy for any influences there may be on her music/performance.

Look to Alizée to make us all love whatever she does...

AH hell, now I'm looking forward to looking...
Old 04-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kretgar View Post
Look to Jeremy for any influences there may be on her music/performance.
I wouldn't assume that. He'll be part of the process, as will others, but the feeling I'm getting is that it is Alizée herself who is calling the shots and giving the whole thing final direction. To a large extent, I think she even did that in the Myléné days, and Myléné seems to me a very strong personality.

This is her show.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-17-2007, 04:01 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kretgar View Post
AH hell, now I'm looking forward to looking...
Ditto........
Old 04-17-2007, 04:05 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
the feeling I'm getting is that it is Alizée herself who is calling the shots and giving the whole thing final direction. To a large extent, I think she even did that in the Myléné days, and Myléné seems to me a very strong personality.

This is her show.
I don't quite agree deepwaters. The feeling I get is that Mylene did a lot for Alizée - probably almost everything for her in the beginning (her 2001 'career'). I think that might be why its taken so long for the new album, Alizée has had to work through making an entirely new album all by herself. I think she's probably been through a lot in making the new album, but she'll be proud that it's her own work, and of course, the music will be phenomenal.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:06 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Alizee should stick with a good thing... Mylene and Laurent... but sigh... c'est la vie!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:43 PM

AlphaDevil2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Alizee should stick with a good thing... Mylene and Laurent... but sigh... c'est la vie!

I disagree with you on that point, an artist naturally develops, and LB and MF might necesarry have allowed her to, or at least give her the freedom to do so. At least now we will see another side of Alizée.

Whether it is as succesful as previous era is questionable, but she will get new fans as well as many of her old fans. Shes a good singer with a wide vocal talent that can work with many genres. A very exciting prospect if u ask me.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:49 PM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDevil2 View Post
I disagree with you on that point, an artist naturally develops, and LB and MF might necesarry have allowed her to, or at least give her the freedom to do so. At least now we will see another side of Alizée. A very exciting prospect if u ask me.
yeah, and the freedom to evolve as an artist is necessary, however i too wish she would have stayed with MF and LB. On the other hand, a new side may or may not be much different from the old, just a couple tweaks and as long as she is happy with her presentation and album, then i'm sure we will be happy with it too

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 04-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think I will miss LB’s music the most. I also got to like the guys in the band from her MCE era and I will miss them too. I think Alizée’s return will be partly influenced by the fact she is a wife and mother now. She was cute and sexy, but she never went over the edge with it. I can’t see her heading more in that direction. I think Alizée will still be beautiful and naturally sexy, but I don’t expect her to flaunt it. She’s not a teenager anymore. I just hope the new music is good and does her justice.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:31 PM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I think I will miss LB’s music the most. I also got to like the guys in the band from her MCE era and I will miss them too. I think Alizée’s return will be partly influenced by the fact she is a wife and mother now. She was cute and sexy, but she never went over the edge with it. I can’t see her heading more in that direction. I think Alizée will still be beautiful and naturally sexy, but I don’t expect her to flaunt it. She’s not a teenager anymore. I just hope the new music is good and does her justice.
I really couldn't of said it better myself

Je t'aime Alizée