Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Dreamer, you're a nosy fellow. Alizée sometimes browses this forum, and it would be crass and tacky to say mean things about her. Although if she reads what Lefty wrote, you can be sure her own curiosity will be aroused.

I'm pretty much with Lefty here in that Her Grace is a human being, not an ideal creature. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say she has qualities I dislike. Perhaps it would depend on the context. Thinking of her as a potential friend, I don't see anything to make me turn away. In fact, I would very much like to be her friend. She seems like a sweet person, if busy and hard to reach. Thinking of her as a potential wife, the standards are a lot tighter. But you know, we live on different continents, she's young enough to be my daughter, we have maybe a quarter of a language in common on a good day, and she's married to someone else, so I don't really think that's a burning urgent question at this moment. If it ever comes up, you can be sure I'll consider it very carefully.

The way that celebrities are treated in this culture, it's easy for a lot of people to fall into the trap of projecting onto them a glamour consisting of one's own desires and dreams. That's especially true if one is young, and sexual attraction mixes in with the rest. It's not true, as some have suggested, that we don't know anything about Alizée, or that the person depicted in her interviews is a construct or a put-on. But it is true that there are many gaps in the picture, and that people tend to fill in those gaps with their own values and desires.

In any case, Alizée is not the Goddess (or no more so than any other woman), and although she is as I said someone I would very much like to have as a friend -- and hope to -- she is not without flaws. Who is? Nor do my feelings for or opinion of her really have much to do with the way I relate to and think of other women, or Woman in general. Although my dealings with her have helped me out of a bad depression and made me better able to relate to other people, both male and female, I don't hold anyone except Alizée herself up to a standard based on Alizée. And I strongly suspect I'm not nearly as hard on her as she is on herself.
I glad to see everyone speaking so freely here.
Althou I do support the 'speaking with grace' thing. This is a forum dedicated to Alizée, to talk about her bad sides just damage the picture I was talking about. We are here because we have an idol, someone we look up to in many diffrent ways. There is no need to dwell in small human flaws that she might possess, everyone have these.

Being a friend of Alizée?
Ofcourse I wouldn't say no to that, but the idea is kind of distant to me. First of all the national and language barrier, we are from diffrent worlds, for frendiship that shouldn't be a problem ofcourse.
But then for the reason.

I am a fan of Alizée. I adore her in so many ways. I think this could be a problem for a working friendship, I think this would make the relationship somewhat awkward. It's almost like being in love with a freind of the opposite sex when your friend doesn't feel the same. It makes the friendship complicated.

If I were to become a friend of Alizée, I would had wanted it to happen naturally. For me to travel to france, move somewhere close to Alizée, get her to be my friend. That idea is very alien to me.

And if I can't be her friend, I rather see her as this perfect goddess instead, even if she's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
This has to be among the slowest moving threads in a while. At least it's five pages and we're still on the same subject.
Well I don't mind since this is a very poweful subject. Especially when we have reached this deep into the human mind, I find this very intersting. It was this kind of question that made me come here in the first place, "How could this girl from france move me in this way?".

I will never find the true answer because the human mind is too complex for me to understand, but that won't stop my curiousity.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 09-27-2008, 02:06 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
I glad to see everyone speaking so freely here.
Althou I do support the 'speaking with grace' thing. This is a forum dedicated to Alizée, to talk about her bad sides just damage the picture I was talking about. We are here because we have an idol, someone we look up to in many diffrent ways. There is no need to dwell in small human flaws that she might possess, everyone have these.

Being a friend of Alizée?
Ofcourse I wouldn't say no to that, but the idea is kind of distant to me. First of all the national and language barrier, we are from diffrent worlds, for frendiship that shouldn't be a problem ofcourse.
But then for the reason.

I am a fan of Alizée. I adore her in so many ways. I think this could be a problem for a working friendship, I think this would make the relationship somewhat awkward. It's almost like being in love with a freind of the opposite sex when your friend doesn't feel the same. It makes the friendship complicated.

If I were to become a friend of Alizée, I would had wanted it to happen naturally. For me to travel to france, move somewhere close to Alizée, get her to be my friend. That idea is very alien to me.

And if I can't be her friend, I rather see her as this perfect goddess instead, even if she's not.

Well I don't mind since this is a very poweful subject. Especially when we have reached this deep into the human mind, I find this very intersting. It was this kind of question that made me come here in the first place, "How could this girl from france move me in this way?".

I will never find the true answer because the human mind is too complex for me to understand, but that won't stop my curiousity.
Gah! you broke our off topic conversation

oh and very nicely said my Swedish friend

Old 09-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think this could be a problem for a working friendship, I think this would make the relationship somewhat awkward. It's almost like being in love with a freind of the opposite sex when your friend doesn't feel the same. It makes the friendship complicated.
I can understand that, but I don't think I am in love with her. I guess I could be, if I were to let it happen, but that strikes me as one of the stupider things I could do at this stage of the game. As for the similar but not identical fan-heroine-worship, I just plain don't do that. My feelings for/relationship with Alizée fall into two compartments. As a fan, I just like her music. I have her albums, I listen to them often -- well, I listen to Psychédélices pretty often; it's been a while since I last put the old ones on. But that's no different from the way I relate to any other artist I admire. I'd also like to see her in concert, because I hear her performance in person is a must-see. But I have no interest in having anything more intimate to do with her, as a fan. I don't want her autograph, I don't really want to meet her backstage, etc.

The other compartment comes from my perception of who she is as a person. This is completely separate from Alizée the performer. I just like her. I think she's a nice person, and a smart person, which for me is just as important. I like to tell her so, and I do, because I know it will make her feel good.

But at the same time, I also can't resist teasing her a bit, precisely because I know that a lot of other people are gushing, "Oh, you're so beautiful, you're so perfect, can I kiss the ground you walk on? If I touch you I'll never wash my hands again. Merely lower yourself to smile at me and my heart will stop, but I'll die happy."

I actually feel like I am her friend. Whether she's my friend is another question. But that's for her to figure out. I just do what my heart says.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 09-28-2008, 02:57 AM
Lili Addict

Idéaliser is on a distinguished road

Eh, not really. Though it has opened my eyes to some of the goals one can set and achieve. I guess that's where she's upped the bar for me

(Of course it does help she's extremely beautiful )
Old 09-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I can understand that, but I don't think I am in love with her. I guess I could be, if I were to let it happen, but that strikes me as one of the stupider things I could do at this stage of the game. As for the similar but not identical fan-heroine-worship, I just plain don't do that. My feelings for/relationship with Alizée fall into two compartments. As a fan, I just like her music. I have her albums, I listen to them often -- well, I listen to Psychédélices pretty often; it's been a while since I last put the old ones on. But that's no different from the way I relate to any other artist I admire. I'd also like to see her in concert, because I hear her performance in person is a must-see. But I have no interest in having anything more intimate to do with her, as a fan. I don't want her autograph, I don't really want to meet her backstage, etc.

The other compartment comes from my perception of who she is as a person. This is completely separate from Alizée the performer. I just like her. I think she's a nice person, and a smart person, which for me is just as important. I like to tell her so, and I do, because I know it will make her feel good.

But at the same time, I also can't resist teasing her a bit, precisely because I know that a lot of other people are gushing, "Oh, you're so beautiful, you're so perfect, can I kiss the ground you walk on? If I touch you I'll never wash my hands again. Merely lower yourself to smile at me and my heart will stop, but I'll die happy."

I actually feel like I am her friend. Whether she's my friend is another question. But that's for her to figure out. I just do what my heart says.
You hit the nail on the head, Deepwaters. I don't think there is one sentence in your post that I don't agree with. You really have described how I feel too.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:53 AM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
You hit the nail on the head, Deepwaters. I don't think there is one sentence in your post that I don't agree with. You really have described how I feel too.
Agreed, me too
Old 09-29-2008, 02:19 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
Agreed, me too
Ditto for me also.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Logical Progression

Please correct me if im wrong.
You just see her as a normal good person that you could consider being a friend with, nothing more. And the music is good but you don't listen to it too often.

Why are you active on a fansite about her then?
Do you join all pretty female artists fansites whom you like the music of?

I think theres more than that, I think she is more than that.

I wouldn't say im in love with her, it's not that I can't stand a day without seeing her or that I constantly think of her.

Yes I feel happy when I watch a video of her, or when I see a cute picture of her. But I wouldn't consider that love, not the severe kind of love anyway. Right now I feel a great urge of supporting her since I think she is a great rolemodel and for the happiness she have given me.

I had a feeling that my love vs friend example would get misunderstood. I was trying to explain the awkwardness of the reasons for me wanting to be her friend with that example. The whole "Hi, I have seen every video and read everything about you and think you'r a great person, do you want to be my friend?" thing.

If you are to become someones friend, it should happen naturally.
That's all im saying.

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:29 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road
Default If you don't like it, nuke it

Quote:
Please correct me if im wrong.
You just see her as a normal good person that you could consider being a friend with, nothing more. And the music is good but you don't listen to it too often.

Why are you active on a fansite about her then?
Do you join all pretty female artists fansites whom you like the music of?

I think theres more than that, I think she is more than that.

Yes I feel happy when I watch a video of her, or when I see a cute picture of her. But I wouldn't consider that love, not the severe kind of love anyway. Right now I feel a great urge of supporting her since I think she is a great rolemodel and for the happiness she have given me.

If you are to become someones friend, it should happen naturally.
That's all im saying.
Here is another thought:Why correct an opinion? And if it is possibly true, why even think of correcting it until theres further proof? The thing your talking about is attraction. People on this site mix music and attraction too easily. Thats also the case with other singers and movie stars, and maybe even models, but with models, its actually about the looks. I am a fan of Il Divo, Johnny Cash, Alizée, tennis, fencing, and poking hospital patients with sticks. While I'm not as devoted to the other forums as I am to this one, I visit once in a while. Why? Because I like the people and I want to know whats going on currently. Not because im attracted to Johnny Cash....well, at least not that you know of People join forums because they can find conversation on the sites. People chat online because others cant judge them by looks, only words. While this has a downside with unwise and possibly dumb people spamming insults, it cant hurt because they cant do it personally. (unless your a person with very weak characteristics and gets angry anyway) But back to what I'm saying. You don't have to like too much about a certain thing to actually join the fansite. Just enough that you care. And yes, for all you other goofballs, this means you can join the fansite of every single thing you like. Even if you have a thousand of them.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Logical Progression

Quote:
Here is another thought:Why correct an opinion? And if it is possibly true, why even think of correcting it until theres further proof?
I was only reserving myself from errors within my derivation of his thoughts

Quote:
The thing your talking about is attraction. People on this site mix music and attraction too easily. Thats also the case with other singers and movie stars, and maybe even models, but with models, its actually about the looks.
Attraction?
I think that it plays a very big role in your music taste in general, along with many other factors about how you experience to artist. The music can be superb but the fact that it's, for example, britney spears performing the music can drastically change your feelings towards it (in a negative way in this case).

Before, I was always rejecting 'mainstream' music, and it really worked. The music became bad in my ears even thou I might had liked it if I'd given it a chance. As of lately I have done my very best to put these factors aside, and listen to the music itself instead.

I don't like every Alizée song. I do like many of LB's composites for other artists such as Mylène, but not everything. But im sure my 'love' for Alizée have helped enhancing my feelings for many of her songs.

Attraction is not the word I would use to describe my feelings for Alizée. Ofcourse im attracted to her, im not trying to deny that. But there is something above the ordinary, something that I have tried to describe for about a gogoplexian times by now. I have this great respect for what she are and what she does, althou I hate to use the word respect as it's too harsh and cold for this context.

If it's between love and attraction, I'll go with love.

Quote:
People join forums because they can find conversation on the sites. People chat online because others cant judge them by looks, only words. While this has a downside with unwise and possibly dumb people spamming insults, it cant hurt because they cant do it personally.
Another great thing about forums is that you can speak your mind freely instead of trying to hide your true thoughts in order to withhold some image to blend into the society.

This isn't the only forum im a member of either, but it's the only fansite of this magnitude im active in. There are fansites that praise their idols as gods literally, but I think the users of such forums are either mentally instable or too young to know better. Alizée fans got the same high motivation without going nuts, and that's what amazes me (yeah that was a compliment to you guys ).

Im not a fan-guy, im not a fan of anything really, but somehow she managed to snare me, im only trying to find out how!

Btw, does the 'poking hospital patients with sticks' thing have a fansite?
Nevermind, I don't wanna know

L´Ordre D'Alizée!